• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Adventures 2: Clash of Nature

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    This project has been cancelled - Sorry to everyone who got excited for this.
    Shortly after making this thread, I took a long hiatus. When I came back, finishing up Kanlara Ultimate was my priority. Now, I'm very drained and for the near future I might not do more ROM Hacking. It's very unlikely that I would come back to this project.

Pokémon Kanlara Adventures 2: Clash of Nature

- Foreword -

This is the true sequel to Kanlara Adventures: Remastered and Ultimate, and my passion project. Recently I learned how to insert tiles and it really changed how I felt about ROM Hacking.
    Before I felt like I couldn't do what I wanted but now with the new graphical look I've been able to achieve I've been very passionate about this project.
    The idea is to create a game that's bigger, better, and most of all, a worthy successor, to my first hack, Kanlara Adventures.
    This time, I want to show off the hack while it's still in development. By doing this I hope that the additional pressure from having my project revealed to the public will discourage me
    from giving up on it when I feel like I don't want to go on. I also hope that the input from people that enjoyed the first Kanlara Adventures as well as players that didn't or never played it
    will help me create the best possible experience for you guys.

- Story -

It's been 3 years since the events in Kanlara Adventures: Remastered/Ultimate, where the unnamed hero/heroine drove away Team Rocket from Kanlara.
    Since then, Kanlara has been at peace. However, things are about to change.
    Weird and drastic climate changes are striking the region. A foreign BAD GUY Team, Team Magma, have arrived in Kanlara. What is their purpose?
    What will Team Aqua, the re-formed formerly BAD GUY Team now residing in Sunside City, think of this?
    To make matters worse, mysterious persons around the region are talking about some Nai'Cul guy...
    Supposedly, a dark evil entity has awakened...

- Features -

* Explore the now expanded region of Kanlara. All areas featured in KA: Remastered, even those not present in KA: Ultimate, will appear in this game. + A few new areas.
    * Enjoy a new and thrilling story featuring Team Aqua and Team Magma as the bad guys
    * 411 Pokemon from Gen 1-7 make up the new Kanlara National PokeDex. The new PokeDex will feature a lot of Pokemon that weren't present in Kanlara Adventures 1.
    * New tiles, OW's (Gen 4 style)
    * Various QoL stuff such as Running Shoes indoors

- Screenshots -

- Credits -
    All contributors to MrDollSteak's 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
    All contributors to the DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64
    UlithiumDragon (various OW sprites)
    Delta231's HGSS Overworld Sprite in FR Style
    Kyledove (Tiles)
    Creators of all tools used for this project as well as all the researchers on Pokecommunity
    ~ More to be added as I make more progress with the hack ~

- Tools Used -
    A-Map 1.92/1.95
    XSE
    UNLZ
    PGE
    NSE
    GIMP/Irfanview
    TileHelperAdvance
    NTME
    IntroTextEditor
    HopelessTrainerEditor
    APE

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Looks pretty damn cool. Wish you luck on this and I thank you for deciding to make a sequel on this game. I might try the first one soon! Good luck on kanlara 2

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Welcome back Sakaki bro..
    Wish U luck..

PS: Are Demon Pokes making a comeback or do you have some other stuffs in your mind? Please do make it feature packed! 😃

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    May I ask about the progress?

I am really satisfied with Kanlara remastered, although the map is not convincing enough.

Looking at the screenshots already make me interested a lot, I will wait for your good ROM

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Will this game be better than Kanlara Ultimate? How should I say, Kanlara Ultimate was very lame :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Does it have the Physical Special split or are you putting it in later? I'll play it either way but my team will be different depending on if the split is there or not.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    The biggest request is to keep that grinding spot of Happy Island, or just not make the hack so grindy. The difficulty can be the same though. I liked how much the Champion pissed me off, not to a point where I gave up on the hack or resorted to cheating (ahem Vega), but to come back and win legitimately, and without using healing items (as I try to do for all playthroughs). This looks promising for sure.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • You do know that these ROM Hackers are doing it all for free. It takes a lot of time and effort to develop a hack. If you cannot cheer them up then at least please do not demoralize them. I have played both remaster and ultimate and they were decent hacks. I do missed my Primarina but still made it up with Marill. I have high hopes from him. The tiles of this new hack are yummy! Keep going Sakaki..
    😊

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • it sucks to hear this is discontinued. i wish you luck in the future and thanks for bringing us Kanlara adventures ultimate. thanks for all your great work.

Back