• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    A big thank you to Cinfest's documentation for aiding as well as a reddit user ComaOfSouls for pointing out some of these errors.

I'm ComaOfSouls on Reddit, you read my review? My memory's hazy, which is a major reason I make the reviews. It's a good way to go back and pick up things I forgot. I've played some more Touhoumon hacks since then, in fact I just started Touhoumon Blue. This is still the best of the ones I played.

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Also, since it seems like there's enough information for me to do this, I will include Cinfest's spreadsheet on the first post so that more people can see it. If you wish for me to take it off of there, then I will do so.

Major thanks for what you've done so far, Cinfest. Hopefully you'll be able to finish it.

I... should probably get back to work on that, then. I tend to be a bit erratic with projects, but since you're finding it helpful I'll focus on it :)

Edit 1: As of this edit, the Grass, Surfing, and Fishing data for all vanilla Kanto locations should be there. Trade, Static, and Fossil data will require me to reach the relevant locations (I know, I know), and in the case of one of the Fossils play through again just for that. Currently I'm about to tackle Silph, so I still have a way to go.
    Spoiler:

Edit 2: Started work on the Move Lists, since I don't need to advance the game to see those, and I've noticed at least one duplicate move: Nazrin learns Body Slam twice at level 1. As with previous oddities, highlighted and noted in the sheet.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I'm ComaOfSouls on Reddit, you read my review? My memory's hazy, which is a major reason I make the reviews. It's a good way to go back and pick up things I forgot. I've played some more Touhoumon hacks since then, in fact I just started Touhoumon Blue. This is still the best of the ones I played.

I did read your review. Your review clued me in to some annoying problems that, while admittedly not hard to actually see, for some reason just escaped me for years. It was fun to read, too, at least for me.

And thank you for the compliment.

I... should probably get back to work on that, then. I tend to be a bit erratic with projects, but since you're finding it helpful I'll focus on it :)

Edit 1: As of this edit, the Grass, Surfing, and Fishing data for all vanilla Kanto locations should be there. Trade, Static, and Fossil data will require me to reach the relevant locations (I know, I know), and in the case of one of the Fossils play through again just for that. Currently I'm about to tackle Silph, so I still have a way to go.
    Spoiler:

Edit 2: Started work on the Move Lists, since I don't need to advance the game to see those, and I've noticed at least one duplicate move: Nazrin learns Body Slam twice at level 1. As with previous oddities, highlighted and noted in the sheet.

Thank you so much for doing something like this. I'm still looking forward to seeing what the final bit of this is going to look like. Maybe for the version after this I'll try and see if I can fix up some of the move lists if need be.

Speaking of Versions after this:
    Version 4.7 is out now:

After lazing around for a good chunk of time, I finally decided to release it. This update is mostly quality of life improvements more than anything. Some mon fixes (mostly some of the irregularities that were pointed out plus moving the Iku rare candy to the 5% drop pool), some (very minor) route changes, a teleport hub in Viridian City (Which, while something I've wanted to do, was something I was always too lazy to), and the reintroduction of the Vs. Seeker.

Note: The Vs. Seeker might still be kind of bugged. If it's pulling too many trainers from Johto, then I will probably have to remove it again. But the last time I checked, it was doing a lot better now. I didn't check trainers in the Sevii Islands, though, so who knows about that one.

These are mostly things for quality of life, so if you're not interested in those for future playthroughs, then you don't need to download this. There is no new direct content introduced in this.

Last edited:

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Going through all the data again with the new patch.

Noticed some things I forgot to report the first time: C Ichirin gets Focus and Unzan, Ichirin only gets Unzan; C Kana is Ghost/Dream, Kana is Ghost. I don't know if these are errors or not, so I'll flag 'em.

Edit: Everything that was already there is now corrected for 4.7.

Edit 2: A question of usability - what order would be best for the entries? Currently they're in a loose index order (i.e. the order in which the first members of a given evolution family were encountered in the game's index), but I'm tempted to reorder them in location order, or by family tree complexity (or both). I'd normally go for Family then Dex order, but the in-game dex is a complete mess :P Oh, and I moved Gyokuto into the Reisen group because it just seemed right to do.

Edit 3: I went back to Vermillion in 4.7 to get the Vs Seeker, and the girl in the Pokemon Center gave me another Exp. Share instead?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    So My Vs.Seeker also turned into another Exp.Share, and whenever I try to go in the direction of the Five Island Meadow, my game locks up. Music keeps going and I can even load up a Save State and keep playing from there no problem, but if I try to go past a certain point on Five Island...Nothing, just locks up until I load a state or reset. Is it just me with this problem? Because if it is I might have to redownload the patch or something. If it helps I can post a screenshot but I'm not going to bother if it's not needed.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • So My Vs.Seeker also turned into another Exp.Share, and whenever I try to go in the direction of the Five Island Meadow, my game locks up. Music keeps going and I can even load up a Save State and keep playing from there no problem, but if I try to go past a certain point on Five Island...Nothing, just locks up until I load a state or reset. Is it just me with this problem? Because if it is I might have to redownload the patch or something. If it helps I can post a screenshot but I'm not going to bother if it's not needed.

Please give a screenshot, if you could. I would much appreciate it. Already taken care of, hopefully.

The vs Seeker thing I thought I fixed, but as it turns out, I forgot to change a couple things that have since been changed. I will not release a new version yet until I can get the problem you just mentioned fixed, however. Might as well get two things down with the same stone.

Cinfest said:
    Going through all the data again with the new patch.

Noticed some things I forgot to report the first time: C Ichirin gets Focus and Unzan, Ichirin only gets Unzan; C Kana is Ghost/Dream, Kana is Ghost. I don't know if these are errors or not, so I'll flag 'em.

Edit: Everything that was already there is now corrected for 4.7.

Edit 2: A question of usability - what order would be best for the entries? Currently they're in a loose index order (i.e. the order in which the first members of a given evolution family were encountered in the game's index), but I'm tempted to reorder them in location order, or by family tree complexity (or both). I'd normally go for Family then Dex order, but the in-game dex is a complete mess :P Oh, and I moved Gyokuto into the Reisen group because it just seemed right to do.

Edit 3: I went back to Vermillion in 4.7 to get the Vs Seeker, and the girl in the Pokemon Center gave me another Exp. Share instead?

(Holy crap how did I not notice this post)

For Edit 2: Go with what you're feeling, you're better at this than I am.

For Edit 3: Somehow I COMPLETELY messed up and forgot to mention that the Vs Seeker was moved to where the Exp Share person is in Fuchsia City rather than remaining in Vermilion City. However, I should have also reduced the amount of mons you need to catch for it as well, so at least there's that. But it is also not exactly working properly as of 4.7, so that is a bit moot for now.

Edit: I found the problem with the five island thing. Hopefully both things are fixed.

Edit 2: Version 4.8 is up. No mon changes, simply attempting to bugfix the Vs Seeker and Five Island.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Five Island seems fine now, but I already picked up the Exp Share in Fuchsia that the guy claimed was a Vs Seeker, is there gonna be a way to get that or am I just out of luck in that?
    Edit: How exactly do I get to Johto anyway? Because I just finished up with the Ruby and Sapphire and I'm a little lost. Am I supposed to go to Cerulean Cave? Or am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Five Island seems fine now, but I already picked up the Exp Share in Fuchsia that the guy claimed was a Vs Seeker, is there gonna be a way to get that or am I just out of luck in that?
    Edit: How exactly do I get to Johto anyway? Because I just finished up with the Ruby and Sapphire and I'm a little lost. Am I supposed to go to Cerulean Cave? Or am I missing something obvious?

If you've beaten the Sevii Rocket plot, you should just be able to head to the pokemon league gate on route 22, go to the left instead of up, and head down to Johto from there.

And since you already cleared the event for it, you are out of luck on that. I apologize for that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    Just downloaded to try it for the first time. Used NUPS to apply the patch to a clean firered rom, but when I open the game there's no sound and when it gets to the point where professor oak would show up in the original (don't know what's there in this patch), it's just a black screen and I can't continue

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Thanks for quick reply's and fixes! Really appreciate it.
    ...Which is why I feel obligated to inform you that items in Johto (or at least, the item next to dark cave and the one next to the bug catcher on the same route, haven't checked the others) seem to respawn if you go a couple areas away and then come back. Useful for sure, but somehow I don't think it's intentional. Wouldn't mind it staying though!
    Also is there A way to get the trade evo's like Dark Alice? just curious.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Thanks for quick reply's and fixes! Really appreciate it.
    ...Which is why I feel obligated to inform you that items in Johto (or at least, the item next to dark cave and the one next to the bug catcher on the same route, haven't checked the others) seem to respawn if you go a couple areas away and then come back. Useful for sure, but somehow I don't think it's intentional. Wouldn't mind it staying though!
    Also is there A way to get the trade evo's like Dark Alice? just curious.

They all do that. It's not intentional, but I'm unsure as to what's causing the bug so I'm not sure if I could fix it.

And Dark Alice is definitely obtainable. I'm unsure if all of the trade evos are, but if they're not, then I will be adding them somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    So wild encounter then, thanks for all the quick replies! :D
    Edit: IDK If SG-Sanae is in the game, but the wiki I use lists it as a Trade Evo replacing Sanae's original Trade evo but with an unknown location. IDK why I brought it up, just did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Hey so I can't progress. I just beat Pryce and the Radio Tower is not opening. Is there some kind of flag I forgot to hit? I'm real lost right now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2020
    Yes problem. Also, v4.81 is up. It fixes Jasmine's first round fight infinitely repeating if you keep on talking to her after winning the first time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    No problem. Also, v4.81 is up. It fixes Jasmine's first round fight infinitely repeating if you keep on talking to her after winning the first time.

Does it change anything else or just that? I may keep it the way it is for now so that I can use her to grind levels and money, since I can't get the Vs.seeker on this save, although I will update for the next file I play since I will be able to get it then and Jasmine will not be needed.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Does it change anything else or just that? I may keep it the way it is for now so that I can use her to grind levels and money, since I can't get the Vs.seeker on this save, although I will update for the next file I play since I will be able to get it then and Jasmine will not be needed.

That is all that it changes, yes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    The DYukari backsprite does not match it's front sprite.

Attachments

• Touhou Puppet Play_1584073749689.png
      Touhou Puppet Play_1584073749689.png
      7.1 KB · Views: 15
    • Touhou Puppet Play_1584073758682.png
      Touhou Puppet Play_1584073758682.png
      6.6 KB · Views: 14
    Back