• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are they still mapped?

Years
  • Does anyone know if the Sun and Moon Boxes will always be mapped or are they going to resolve it? Just puts me off buying the odd pack here and there knowing that the potential of pulling Rares could be next to none.

I imagine that they won't bother changing it and just ensure they don't do it again with guardians rising?

Years
  • Does anyone know if the Sun and Moon Boxes will always be mapped or are they going to resolve it? Just puts me off buying the odd pack here and there knowing that the potential of pulling Rares could be next to none.

I imagine that they won't bother changing it and just ensure they don't do it again with guardians rising?

I haven't heard anything either way, personally. I'm thinking it's a case of they've always been mapped in some way, but that people only recently noticed it. Looking at other CCGs/TCGs, booster mapping is something that's been known to be an issue in MTG for something like 15 years at minimum.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    Does anyone know if the Sun and Moon Boxes will always be mapped or are they going to resolve it? Just puts me off buying the odd pack here and there knowing that the potential of pulling Rares could be next to none.

Picking up a single sealed pack here and there from Wal-Mart or something is still fine. Just make sure it's the ones that Pokemon sells and not a 3rd party repack. If you have a LGS near you that you trust they should be fine to buy from too.

Its the loose packs online from random sellers that you'll need to look out for more than usual.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Online now
    I'm seeing better pull rates but my local store shuffles all the packs up before selling so it might just be that.

Years
  • They are not mapped any longer, its all random again :)
    Did open 2 booster boxes some weeks ago that was not mapped.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Online now
    They are not mapped any longer, its all random again :)
    Did open 2 booster boxes some weeks ago that was not mapped.

Cheers for the update :) Hopefully they've learnt their lesson with this stunt.

Back