• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team - Original 151

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
Years
  • Hey guys, just wanted to know what you thought of my team in Platinum. I just beat Pokemon Battle Revolution with them and have been learning a lot more about the Pokemans. My team consists of only original 151 Pokemon: All 3 starters, "pikachu" for nostalgia, and I tossed in my favorite two Pokemon Snorlax and Gengar. So I am trying to make the best team based on only using these 6 Pokemon below.

GENGAR

Life Orb / Levitate / Timid
    Explosion
    Shadowball
    Focus Blast
    Hidden Power Fire

EVs - HP 6 / Spe 252 / Sp.A 252

SNORLAX
    Leftovers / Thick Fat / Careful
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Giga Impact
    Earthquake

EVs - HP 244 / Def 148 / Sp.D 118

RAICHU
    Focus Sash / Static / Modest
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Wish
    Thunderwave

CHARIZARD
    Life Orb / Blaze / Mild
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power Grass
    Dragon Pulse
    Roost

BLASTOISE
    Leftovers / Torrent / Sassy
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam

EVs - HP 252 / Def 129 / Sp.D 129

VENUSAUR
    Choice Scarf / Overgrow / Sassy
    Sleep Powder
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake
    Sludge Bomb

EVs - 56 HP / 72 Atk / 164 SpA / 216 Spe

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I would suggest dropping either Explosion or HP Fire for Thunderbolt on Gengar to give you coverage over Gyarados,Suicune, and Vaporeon. It could also harm Aero.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    You could also do Return on Snorlax since its 102 BP STAB. Also consider a CurseLax set.

Also I hope Raichu is your lead or don't use Focus Sash.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey guys, just wanted to know what you thought of my team in Platinum. I just beat Pokemon Battle Revolution with them and have been learning a lot more about the Pokemans. My team consists of only original 151 Pokemon: All 3 starters, "pikachu" for nostalgia, and I tossed in my favorite two Pokemon Snorlax and Gengar. So I am trying to make the best team based on only using these 6 Pokemon below.

GENGAR
    Life Orb / Levitate / Hasty (+ Speed / - Def)
    Explosion
    Shadowball
    Focus Blast
    Hidden Power Fire
    EVs - 36 Atk / Spe 252 / Sp.A 220

Looks good, but it makes a pretty poor lead currently with Azelf, Metagross, Scarf Jirachi, Aero, Sash Infernape, etc. Also Gengar wants Hasty and a few Attack EVs so Explosion fully OHKOs Blissey.

SNORLAX
    Leftovers / Thick Fat / Careful
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Body Slam / Return
    Earthquake
    EVs - HP 244 / Def 148 / Sp.D 118

Body Slam is a lot better as a STAB option because it doesn't make you a sitting duck for set up sweepers, crucial switch ins, etc. Return is another choice for more power, but you lose the paralysis chance.

RAICHU
    Focus Sash / Static / Modest
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Wish
    Thunderwave

First off, the most common move in the game breaks Sash (Stealth Rock), since Sash only works when at full health. Even with spin support, Leftovers is a more superior item as it keeps Raichu alive so it can keep supporting the team. And if you were to use Wish at least use it on something that can take a hit since I would think you would want your Wish supporter to last. Either way, this is entirely outclassed by Jolteon who does the job better with slightly higher defenses, and a superior Speed stat.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
    Nature: Timid (+ Speed / - Atk)
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Substitute
    - Wish
    - Baton Pass

Switch in on something like Rotom-A, set up a Sub, then Wish, and finally Baton Pass your Sub and the Wish to whatever Pokemon you want. I just maxed out Speed to help outrun +1 Adamant Gyara (which causes your team problems) as well as making a speed tie with Aero and enemy Jolt. You can use T-Wave or other moves in place of Sub and Baton Pass.

However if you choose to use Raichu, use something that Jolteon doesn't learn such as Nasty Plot, Encore, Focus Blast, the ability to run a Grass move (Grass Knot) AND HP Ice, Focus Punch, etc so Raichu isn't completely outclassed.

CHARIZARD
    Life Orb / Blaze / Mild
    Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    Hidden Power Grass
    Dragon Pulse / Brick Break / Focus Punch
    Roost / Air Slash

Fire Blast is something to consider for more power, Focus Punch or BB is for Blissey, TTar, etc, and Air Slash for a second STAB option and is useful for stuff like Infernape.

BLASTOISE
    Leftovers / Torrent / Relaxed (+ Def / - Speed)
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam
    EVs - HP 252 / Def 252 / Sp.D 4

You should be focusing on your physical defenses where Blastoise works best for walling. Otherwise, I looks ok I guess...

VENUSAUR
    Choice Scarf / Overgrow / Modest (+ SpA / - Atk) or Timid (+ Speed / - Atk)
    Sleep Powder
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake / Power Whip
    Sludge Bomb
    EVs - 56 HP / 72 Atk / 164 SpA / 216 Spe

Having a Speed lowering nature makes Scarf dead weight on Venu since you're using Scarf to be fast. Consider Power Whip, since Earthquake apparently is only used for Raikou which isn't common in OU.
    Comments in bold ↑, might come back to help with threats.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Comments in bold ↑, might come back to help with threats.

EQ is for Tran too. =P

Anyways, you cant touch Gengar with this team and Heatran isnt a threat to Snorlax or this team so Earthquake isnt needed. Instead use Crunch over it to hit said Gengar and the Rotoms.

Nothing can switch into Tyranitar here, so id look to slot in Machamp probably over Charizard who doesnt really do much.

Back