• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular opinions

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Did you think something about the anime was good but others thought was bad? Maybe you thought something was annoying that everyone else praises. Or maybe you got a different meaning from an episode that others didn't seem to get?

This thread is for you to post your thoughts in.

Be respectful of other's opinions.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I do understand why Misty is overrated because she was the first original series female character to join the main cast. Characters like May/Dawn are okay, but they were never overrated to begin with.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
^Most pokemon "fans" only watched the first 3 seasons and Misty was a very integral part of the series back then. She's likable and well written, and I still hold an appreciation for her character. She's not overrated more over loved (And that rubs some people the wrong way I think) Still I would argue that Dawn is the best female companion (Well when you're not counting the SM cast :D) *HIGH FIVE*

Anyway...

I thought BW was watchable... well in japanese at least. And aside from the first two, most pokemon movies are a waste of time and money.

Guest123_x1

I know I'm going to be raising a bunch of eyebrows and inviting scorn by saying the following, but I feel May is overrated. So many gushed over her figure, including her unusually large chest, despite her being 10 years old. (In fairness, though, I was told by somebody years ago that Japanese girls go through puberty faster than elsewhere in the world.)

I've also felt that it was unnecessary to completely reset Ash for the Unova run. 'Nuff said.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I agree with not liking May. I found her annoying and too whiny, especially in the first couple of seasons of AG. She grew later on, but I still prefer Misty and from what I've watched of Diamond and Pearl so far I like Dawn more.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I never found May to be overrated. I did found her to be a little bit annoying for the most part and way too whiny. But Dawn was the worst because she didn't have much personality and she was too much of a crybaby.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I somewhat find BW enjoyable while its many many many many did I say many flaws I enjoyed that there were tournament between most of the gyms even though ash didn't win not one. we finally got Giovanni vs Ash and Charizard came back even though we were robbed of Charizard vs reshiram

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I may have already mentioned some of these in other topics, but here are my unpopular opinions:

- Johto is my all time favourite saga.

- I like some of background music in the 4Kids dub.

- While I enjoyed the XY series, I don't like Ash's personality. I feel he was too mature for his age compared to his personality in the previous seasons.

- I like the animation and art style of Sun/Moon and it's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the series so far.

- May is my least favourite of Ash's female companions. I even like Iris more.

- I sometimes miss Tracey travelling with Ash.

- I want more episodes of Pokemon Chronicles.

Years
Unpopular opinion!

- Dislike the Johto saga

- never ship anyone with Ash in any way shape of form ( even Serena)

-Sun and moon is more watchable than XY

- kinda dislike the mature and shipping fuel XY give during the saga

-Least favorite pokegirl so far is Misty ( though I don't hate her so don't get in my troath)

-I give a lot of respect to Cilan and Iris even if they are so far the most underated travel partner with Tracey.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
- I like the animation and art style of Sun/Moon and it's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the series so far.

Is that really an unpopular opinion tho? I know some youtube "reviewers and critics" bashed the anime for its new (and better) art style... by the magazine teaser and pausing on some awkward frames in the first trailer. calling it the show ugly and degrading the animators as lazy. But after the first two episodes those "Experts" were exposed to how un-informed they are about anime and animation itself.

Sun and Moon Animation is different and cutting edge, the new character designs doesn't look weird when drawn off model and easier to draw altogether (Allowing the team to put more frames of animation and less still images under a TV anime budget) it's one of the most produced anime airing today most shows would kill to be produced by this team. And at their best the Pokemon teams production rivals Studio Bones and Madhouse in quality. Right now their producing the Anniversary movie alongside the anime and still they manage to produce amazing scenes in the show.

In short... The anime looks good and your unpopular opinion is rather outdated :D

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
In short... The anime looks good and your unpopular opinion is rather outdated :D
True. I guess I never really paid attention to what people currently think of the series after it started.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but I like the song 'It Was You' from the first movie's soundtrack and I think it would've been a better choice for the credits than '(Hey You) Free Up Your Mind' or 'Don't Say You Love Me' which don't seem to have much relevance to Pokemon, let alone the movie.

Back