• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Year's Resolutions: Writer's Edition

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • giphy.gif

The idea of this thread is going to be that you make some goals or "resolutions". They have to do with writing, obviously. I was thinking they could either be long term or short term too... whatever makes you feel more comfortable. You are also allowed to do both as well. It can be anything that has to do with writing. For example, if you're like me and never finish stories... you could say that you want to finish at least ONE story before the year is over. I'll list some of my resolutions myself to give you some ideas. :3

So, my resolutions are going to be that I finish at least ONE story before the year ends. I also want to find ways to build up my confidence more when it comes to writing. I'm still struggling with this one, even though I'm always eager to share my stories. >< I wouldn't mind improving on dialogue more as well because it seems as though it's getting worse. Oh, and I want to try exploring other genres and stuff like that... since I always seem to do stuff like slice of life mostly!

Also, if anyone wants... I can set up some sort of PM service here for reminders or inspiration! I won't send one every day, but I could maybe do it once a week. If anyone is interested in helping out with the PM Service, let me know because I'm quite forgetful and busy with my routine. ;w;

So yeah!

Generris

LOMEGALU
    Years
  • Just continuing my fan fiction and original works as per usual.

In regards to fan fiction, it would be nice to get the Kanto portion of my FanFic done. I plan to do all regions, so this is going to take a long time. I have another FanFic (Azur Lane related) on a different website and I think it'd be nice to get that one finished.

In regards to original content, I should be able to finish and self-publish the first book of a saga late next year.

To all who read this, keep at it. Writing can be tough, but nothing's going to happen if you standstill and don't continue your work.

Bay

Years
  • -Hopefully I'll be able to finally finish Foul Play. I only have like maybe 7-8 chapters left so I should be able to do that if I'm as motivated as I was in 2019.

-Plan out/start writing a Fire Emblem: 3 Houses fic. Yeah, so I thought of a premise while watching playthroughs on YouTube and now am slowly going through a Blue Lions run of my own. When I finish that run then I'll be more confident in writing it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I do have other story ideas, both fanfic and original, but Foul Play and FE3H fic are what I want to focus on right now. I might change my resolutions when more time pass.

Back