• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abilities you'd like to see more of

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • Does there happen to be an ability you wish was on more Pokémon? Perhaps an ability you think is interesting or has untapped potential?

The first one I've thought of is Liquid Ooze. It makes some Pokémon act like the undead in other RPGs: attempting to drain their HP harms you instead. Sadly, draining moves aren't too common, and the only Pokémon with Liquid Ooze are Poison-type, which is resistant to most HP-draining moves anyway (Giga Drain, Horn Leech, Leech Life, Drain Punch...). I was a bit shocked to find out that only the Tentacool and Gulpin lines have Liquid Ooze, so I think it'd be interesting to see that ability on a Pokémon that's actually weak to draining moves.

Another is Simple. Its premise is straightforward: any stat changes you receive are doubled. Sadly, this ability is only on five Pokémon: Numel, and the Bidoof and Woobat lines. Sure, Swoobat can make decent use of it, but just imagine how hilariously broken this ability would be on a Pokémon with Quiver Dance or Shift Gear.

Lastly, there's Ripen. The idea of doubling the effects of Berries is really cool, and it's sad that the Applin line has conventionally better abilities anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I'm a big fan of Pickpocket and similar item-collecting/stealing abilities. It just gives me an endorphine boost to get items haha. I thought Yamper's Ball Fetch ability was really cool and convenient for newbies in Sword and Shield, since I remember struggling to get enough money to buy Pokeballs when I ran out in some earlier games.

Years
  • I think it'd make a lot of sense if Bulletproof was on more steel Pokémon, especially the likes of Aegislash and Metagross! Just fits so well.

Moody and Berserk would be super fitting on the likes of Primeape too.. even if Berserk raises Sp. Atk which isn't very useful on it. :x I know it already gets Moxie but those two, esp Berserk, just go so well on it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Technician is one of my favorite Abilities, I like how it turns some moves that have cool side-effects but are typically ignored because they lack power into more viable attacks that you can keep until the very end.

Triage is another amazing Ability, I had a Comfey in one of my recent teams with Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, and Giga Drain, holding a Big Root and it was a beast. Of course, if it's given to more Pokémon it should be done carefully, because for many Pokémon it would be too OP.

Back