• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Ask a dumb question

Vragon

Considering how much I don't like the spotlight in normal conversations, I've decided to put this up and answer questions from the back of my laptop screen that and the other AMA thread looked cool so. Feel free to ask anything (that is reasonable).

serious or not

Real or not Real

Wonderful or horrific

anything really, most likely (around a 98.2345% estimated rate) I'll answer it.

Also, since I'm going to be that guy, upon asking a question I would like an answer from YOU from the following:

What is your favorite Pokémon and why?

Feel free to not answer should you wish, but what would be the fun in that. Anyway, let the chaos and the obviously more than half of the count being questions related to some trivial/silly subject questions begin!

Bay

Years
  • To answer your question, for a while my favorite was Seadra because back then I liked its design and loved the art on one of the trading cards long ago. I also used Seadra in a couple Sapphire runs without evolving it to Kingdra and it seems to stand on its own fine heh.

Now, what I want to ask. How do you manage to balance so many fics and still at a consistent quality?

Vragon

Now, what I want to ask. How do you manage to balance so many fics and still at a consistent quality?

I do have a lot of time since I'm on summer break, but for a more life general answer. I've actually had ideas about these things for a long time now and have developed ideas for them as I do things like school and work. I tend to have a more imaginative mind when it's working, so that's usually the time I get inspiration and try to put it down ASAP.

When it comes to time and doing it, I try to at least write the chapter first. I don't do it in 1 shooting necessarily, but I prefer to so I can keep the momentum, if you will, on the chapter's focus. Also, I tend to be able to write things pretty quickly (Don't really know why, but I assume it's because of taking a typing class and working well with words), because of the previously mentioned time and having a good typing speed.

But to narrow it down, I've had the focus on the beginning and the endgame of the three works. I've thought about stuff in shattered crest about one and a half years ago. I have written a bit of it (about three books of an average of 15 chapters in amount) and have done a couple of edits and an actual mid start over. Also, the PMD series is about a year since it's inception.

So basically, I can balance them well, because I'm not really pulling these things out of the blue (concepts and arcs that is). And I have a decent amount of time, a kinda good imagination and the most important thing it's something I really like doing. So I guess I have a decent ability to, but also a good amount of motivation as well

Reactions: Bay
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    idk I have too many favs. But Skitty is maybe the very most adorable, next to Chikorita.

How many fics have you finished?

Vragon

None. Honestly I haven't finished any. However, I do have endgames and the conclusions already determined for the three I have now along with others so it's just a matter of finishing the middle.

Back