• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you unexpectedly fell in love with

27thColt

The Collector
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Crobat for sure. I was gonna start playing through Platinum and I didn't want Staraptar. I chose that for my Pearl playthrough and it was awesome, but picking it seemed, boring. I chose Zubat instead. At first, I was having trouble with it. The reason for this was it started out with moves like Leech Life and Astonish. But after that, it was AWESOME. On my 3rd playthrough of SoulSilver, I chose Zubat. For my Pokemon Black 2 playthrough, I chose that again. Its was so, awesome.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Noctowl. I never thought any Normal/Flying types, or bird-like Pokemon in general, were any use until I trained and raised a Noctowl. Mine grew to be very powerful and helped me win a lot of gym and Elite Four battles. I miss my Noctowl. :(

Years
  • Jolteon and Gardevoir. I always used Pickachu as my electric type and Alakazam as my Psychic type, so I switched it up for variety. They very quickly became the most usefull members of my team.

Years
  • Farfetch'd. In playing through Y I got one quite early and then it just stuck around once I realized I could teach it False Swipe. I caught so many Pokemon thanks to it. I even had it with me when I first challenged the E4 and Champion.

Noctowl. I never thought any Normal/Flying types, or bird-like Pokemon in general, were any use until I trained and raised a Noctowl. Mine grew to be very powerful and helped me win a lot of gym and Elite Four battles. I miss my Noctowl. :(
    I had a similar thing happen when I played Heart Gold. I was going to just use one for a while then find something better, but with that Noctowl alone I almost single-handedly beat the first 6 gyms.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Gallade/Gardevoir

Gallade is awesome (Hypnosis + False Swipe) and Gardevoir is amayzing.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Gigalith and Crobat. I caught a shiny Boldore in Black and didn't pay any attention to it for the longest time. After I started training it and it evolved, Gigalith became a main part of my team. Also, he looks absolutely awesome withe the teal stones.

Crobat just because I've always hated Zubat and Golbat because DARK CAVE. UGH. But when I evolved my Golbat for the Dex, I fell in love with Crobat.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Abomasnow. It's really quite ugly, but after I discovered its Mega Evolution I thought I'd give it another chance. It's still not all that good, but it I definitely have more respect of it now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Roggenrola, Sawk, Bisharp and Krookodile. I never use to like rock types until Roggenrola. Bisharp I fell in love with when I seen it had freaking swords on it's body. I liked Sandile when it was first revealed, but I didn't start loving it until I trained one and became a powerhouse in my White 1 team. Sawk I didn't start liking till about a month or two ago when I used it in a play throughs of Black 1 and he became one of my favorites in that team.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Sneasel. That speedy little fella caught my attention. When I later found out he would get another evolution, ermagawd.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Furfrou, att first i though that Furfrou was dumb, now he is one of my favorite gen 6 pokémon for suure

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Mega Mawile and regular Mawile, Arcanine, Meowstic, Noivern and Talonflame,

While Mawile is underrated due it's absurt damage output, it still became one of my favourites, no idea why I guess, maybe some things can't be explained. When I discovered Mawile gets a Mega Evolution I was happy for the first time that someone got a well deserved evolution, and in the end Mega Mawile became one of my main Pokémons on Pokémon X.

I discovered my love for Arcanine pretty late. He always supported me in almost every Pokémon game and done well even till this day; it may be a old timer but he sure packs a punch.

Meowstic, the first I time I saw her I thought it was going to be a useless cute-y looking Pokémon with no real purpose. Good thing I was wrong about that, it's becoming a great asset to my Pokémon Y team so far and the whole design and stuff just grew on me when the time flies by.

I thought Noivern was going to be another zubat clone at first, buy holy bingo skippyballs he is amazing in terms of speed and power, and it's evolution line is pretty solid.

Talonflame would be the most underrated Pokémon I judged I thought it was going be some useless flying type due the lack of movepools that he was going to be underpowered and stuff, but that's not the case at all. Even thought I almost use him as a suicide-destruct Pokémon with Flareblitz and Brave Bird spam. I still liked him in the end. (Yes, I learned how to roost him now properly don't chew me out please. :<)

Years
  • Lucario! I always have one, i wish i could walk with him out of the pokeball... And Lucario Mega Evolution is so awesome.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
    Years
  • Golurk. I wasn't too fond of it at first but when I caught one in Black 2 I loved it to death. Now all I want is to send it into battle with an Aegislash in its hands...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Definitely Meowstic. I didn't care a thing about it when it was revealed, but when I was catching new Pokemon in X, I caught a male Espurr and decided to name it after my friend who likes cats and keep it as a temporary member. I ended up really liking it (probably has to do with it being named after my friend though haha) and now it's with me in Victory Road at this moment. :)

Νicole

Rin...
    Years
  • Ampharos! I used to think all electric Pokemon are the same: a copy of Pikachu :| But that was a long time ago, before I got hooked into Elecrtic type. I thought I needed it as I always pick a water-type starter, and suddenly, a wild Mareep appeared! Caught, and now forever leveling up and using as my second-best Pokemon, all generation 8)

Back