• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need assistance, sleep deprived

Apiesdeathbylasers

A pies gotta do....
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    not sure where this should go, so it goes here for now.

for the past five days i've been breeding buneary to get a shiny. been spending about 4 to 5 hours each day on it. got masuda + shiny charm+ oval charm. i wanna say it's been around 700 eggs, stillno shiny.

My question is, i've been seeing rumors floating around that a you cant breed a shiny in a dream ball. was wondering if there is any validity to that or if i should just suck it up and keep going.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • not sure where this should go, so it goes here for now.

for the past five days i've been breeding buneary to get a shiny. been spending about 4 to 5 hours each day on it. got masuda + shiny charm+ oval charm. i wanna say it's been around 700 eggs, stillno shiny.

My question is, i've been seeing rumors floating around that a you cant breed a shiny in a dream ball. was wondering if there is any validity to that or if i should just suck it up and keep going.
    That's definitely a lie. Check out the trade corner; plenty of trainers including myself have dream ball shinies (all of my shinies are self-bred or hatched). Buneary is also possible to obtain in a dream ball (via Pleasant Forest in the Dream World). You're just very unlucky, unfortunately.

Years
  • Altairis is right! You're just having bad luck, but with dedication and patience you should get your shiny, and you know you could always make a thread in TC to give your rejects away or something.

I mean, I had luck strike me with MM breeding, like hatching a shiny Oshawott in only 30 eggs or when I hatched a shiny Pansage on the very first egg, at a time I wasn't even trying for a shiny.

Apiesdeathbylasers

A pies gotta do....
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Alright cool. It's good to know I'm just unlucky, I think? Whatever. Back to the old grind I guess. Gonna have alota trade fodder when I'm done here.

Back