• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your signature Pokemon?

Years
  • 74-Geodude.png

I've always loved that thing but I've no clue why that is

And so.. I always end up with a Golem or a rocky bulky type in my team each time I play a new 'Mon game or I play online

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2018
    Usually Raichu. Rhydon also makes its way on me team a lot. In the third generation, Flygon was definatly my signature pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    My favorite is Quilava (not Typhlosion), I don't know why but everytime I've played GSC versions or HGSS, I pick Cyndaquil then evolve it only to Quilava, I like its design better :) And even if I can't have it on my team everytime, this is the first one pokemon I came to like that much :D

Years
  • Probably Flygon! It's the one I keep coming back to as my favorite Pokémon. It's cute, it's cool, it's strong, and it can fly! While I'd love to have a Flygon pal in real life, I'm happy to just use one in every Pokémon game in which they're natively available and then some~

Porcelina, my signature shiny Gorebyss.

Your post actually inspired me to go look over Gorebyss' Bulbapedia page and it's so bizarre to me that it can't learn Leech Life, Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain, despite its PokéDex entry stating that it sucks the bodily fluids out of its prey. Seems like those'd be the perfect moves for it, thematically, hehe~

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Charjabug. Since its reveal, I've decided to make it a partner on my team in every game it's available.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Vulpix for me. Be it Kanto or Alolan, I have a soft spot for this Pokemon. Close 2nd would be Eevee and its many Evolution options and third would be Lapras.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Luxray always! I love electric types and lions are my favorite animal. I always find myself wanting to put it in a Pokémon team even though it isn't the best Pokémon. Why couldn't they give it a mega or an alolan form?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Your post actually inspired me to go look over Gorebyss' Bulbapedia page and it's so bizarre to me that it can't learn Leech Life, Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain, despite its PokéDex entry stating that it sucks the bodily fluids out of its prey. Seems like those'd be the perfect moves for it, thematically, hehe~

Gorebyss is still an amazing pokemon with a lot going for it. It would definitely have been pretty interesting for it to have draining attacks, but I'm alright without them. Honestly even if it had access to those moves, I probably still wouldn't use them, since I feel like the current move pool I use for my Gorebyss covers everything I would ever want it to do (Surf, Ice beam, Shell Smash, Baton Pass).

Glad you were inspired to look up Gorebyss after reading my story. Gorebyss is just a pokemon I adore and I always feel like it needs more love and respect! Thanks for the response!

Years
  • Gorebyss is still an amazing pokemon with a lot going for it. It would definitely have been pretty interesting for it to have draining attacks, but I'm alright without them. Honestly even if it had access to those moves, I probably still wouldn't use them, since I feel like the current move pool I use for my Gorebyss covers everything I would ever want it to do (Surf, Ice beam, Shell Smash, Baton Pass).

Glad you were inspired to look up Gorebyss after reading my story. Gorebyss is just a pokemon I adore and I always feel like it needs more love and respect! Thanks for the response!

To be honest, it's less that I think draining moves would be exceptionally useful for Gorebyss in gameplay, and more that I just think that they'd be thematically-appropriate and a nice way to weave its style of predation into gameplay. It wasn't really any sort of criticism or anything, hehe~

And, of course! There are loads of cool Pokémon that don't get a whole lot of attention despite being really neat, and I'm always pleased to learn more about them~

Years
  • Slowbro is always up front in my team. I've loved Slowpoke since gen 2 when i got one from the well. I like to think that i'm like a slowpoke, just a laid back guy chilling out. Slowbro just so happens to be the only mega in my team of favorites, and i bring him in so he can beat people down. I would love to have a slowpoke peaking out of my backpack, or a Slowbro at my side.

Years
  • Incineroar Arcanine has been my partner all the way back to Gold/Silver. I use that lovable woofer every chance I get, even going so far as to transfer an Egg of one over in the start of Black/White. For one reason or another, he's always been called Victor. There have been adaptions, such as Victor Jr., or a female Arcanine called Victory, but the general name stays the same.

Best friends forever <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think I would say Yanmega. It's not my favourite Pokémon overall but it is my favourite competitive Pokémon and I have been known to use it a lot on teams for tiers much higher than its own, usually with a lot of success. I almost always include her on my teams and don't see that stopping any time soon! Other big ones for this would be Cloyster and Drifblim.

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Lucario. First loved it in its movie (you know which one boiii) and have never stopped loving it. All round a great Pokemon pick that is strong in battle and has some really cool stuff going on for it.

Back