• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Expanded ROM

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Hi! I would like to get some answers of these questions.

1) Can I insert sprite after 0xFFFFFF using G3HS?
    2) Can A map 1.92 open expanded roms even if I don't put any maps or scripts or OWs after 0xFFFFFF?
    If not, would it be safe if I use A map 1.95?
    3) Does anyone know how to reverse a 7 digit offset in Hex editor?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • 1) I don't know if G3HS is supporting expanded ROM. Maybe it does, but I would not use the tool. You can insert the sprites into expanded areas using Wichu's tool instead
    2) 1.9.5 supports expanded ROMs
    3) 7 digit? it's just going to be 09 instead of 08. The remaining 6 digits are reversed the usual way.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    To elaborate what FBI said, 1.9.5 does indeed support expanded ROMs. The tool is mostly safe, so long as you don't let it make any decisions for you, like repointing anything on its own. Make sure all that stuff is manual and back up stuff even more frequently than you normally would.

Also isn't there a hacked version of 1.9.2 out there somewhere that supports expanded roms? I can't remember what the hacked version actually adds.

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • There was Advanced Map 19.2 which supports more pokemon than usual and expanded roms. I will edit this post when I will find the link.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    1) I don't know if G3HS is supporting expanded ROM. Maybe it does, but I would not use the tool. You can insert the sprites into expanded areas using Wichu's tool instead
    2) 1.9.5 supports expanded ROMs
    3) 7 digit? it's just going to be 09 instead of 08. The remaining 6 digits are reversed the usual way.

Thank you for your answers

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    There was Advanced Map 19.2 which supports more pokemon than usual and expanded roms. I will edit this post when I will find the link.

I thought people had to hex edit advance map to let it support wild pokemon on a map 1.92 or 1.95. But I never heard of A map 19.2. I will be waiting for your link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Use this link dude, its the expanded A-Map i use, forgot where i found the link online.

https://pastebin.com/13djBRnT

Nevermind, i just checked this link, the tool isn't available for download here now. Good luck

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    There you go AMAP 1.92 hacked

Does it only support expanded wild pokemons? If that, I don't need it..but if it support extended ROM...then I'm gonna use it.

I can hack World map with it...right?

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Does it only support expanded wild pokemons? If that, I don't need it..but if it support extended ROM...then I'm gonna use it.

I can hack World map with it...right?

Yup, it supports expanded wild Pokemon and expanded ROM too.

Sure, you can hack the World Map.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Yup, it supports expanded wild Pokemon and expanded ROM too.

Sure, you can hack the World Map.

it can open expanded ROM...that doesn't mean it support expanded roms. I tried compiling script at 0x1100000 and put event using that tool and it's totally messed up.

and world map? Forget it. Whenever I tried loading maps from expanded areas it gives erros!

Back