• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What would you change/add in R/S/E?

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
shameless inspiration taken from the similarly named FRLG thread, thank you

Since I started my travel through the pokemon world with Emerald, I grew to like the game as is. However, as we all know, everything has its flaws. Now it's your turn. Which features would you have liked differently/actually implemented in R/S/E?

For me, the biggest one would be... surprisingly...

Fishing to be done FRLG style.

I get they wanted to take sort of a new approach, but unfortunately, waiting for an hour to fish successfully with the Super Rod... only to get yet another Wailmer instead of the Staryu you wanted is annoying. And I simply don't have the patience to keep on doing that over and over and over again.

Years
Definitely make Feebas easier to catch. Such a nightmare.

I think the IVs of the Pokemon in the Battle Facilities all being maxed was a bit unfair, and should have been reduced.

Agreed on the fishing too, the timing thing gets annoying after a while xD.

Hmmm that's all I can really think of!

Years
Yeah Feebas was a nightmare...but they did fix that in ORAS at least!

I believe they did have a night and day cycle this Gen with some Pokémon only being available at certain times right? If so they should have made the outside look dark in the night time too.

Years
I kinda wish we were able to have friendly battles with Archie/Maxie after they've disbanded their teams in RSE.

A part of me also kinda wishes that we can see how they've grown as people or how they've reformed; I was never really satisfied that they're just remoseful and then disappear into the sunset never to be seen again. :s

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Yeah Feebas was a nightmare...but they did fix that in ORAS at least!

I believe they did have a night and day cycle this Gen with some Pokémon only being available at certain times right? If so they should have made the outside look dark in the night time too.

Not a Day/Night cycle in itself but Shoal Cave with high/low tide unlocking a different section (and wild Snorunt), if that's what you meant.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
-More new Pokemon to replace the Kanto filler. When I first played it, I had no issues, but now , they stick out like a sore thumb. They just don't fit with the region's feel , especially since they're disconnected from the previous two. Some of the Unova creatures feel more at home in Hoenn than in their initial games, like Maractus or the replacement lines. Tweak those a bit and they'd fit in.

-Tate and Lisa need an actual team to challenge the players. How are they so easy after the last six?

- Some way to import previous generations. Obviously would conflict a bit with doing remakes, but there's no way people wouldn't be interested in the remakes, given better graphics and updated mechanics.

- Using the version-difference villains as a way to create a more nuanced storyline. It feels palette-swapped instead of them genuinely being different approaches. Having the allied team being criminally involved would probably go a long way.

-Make Wattson the player's father instead of Norman. There's nothing really to Norman's character, given he's just bland, especially in contrast to his comic counterpart. Wattson? He's a bit more involved with the story, though I believe he could be a bit more. He's a bit more rugged and not much of a looker, but he has more of a presence than Norman and a bit more fatherly. In fact?

-The Hoenn leaders need to be more integral to the story. The Adventures comic does this extremely well that their canon equivalents just lack any personality traits. While some leaders are okay, others like Norman are just cardboard. We don't see them act up like Whitney or have much actual effect on the plot itself, either for or against the player.

-Maybe the Sevii Islands belong more in Hoenn than in Kanto? Just a thought, given all the water.

-Make a third team that wants to awaken Rayquaza and fight both teams head-on to keep the balance, and have a leader a part of this team.

Back