• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Detergent [v1.4.1]

Years
  • About:
    Pokémon Detergent is a Modification of Veteran fangame, Pokémon Insurgence. It's main focus is giving the player a brand new experience on an already known and well established region with unnecessary amounts of Quality of Life, A Complete Music overhaul, Majority of the Post-game Deltas were moved to the main-game, Harder Bossfights and much, much more!

- This Mod has everything in the Main-game and some bits of the postgame, other vanilla postgame quests as well as custom quests are WIP
    >>>> v1.4.1 DOWNLOAD LINK <<<<
    NOTE: This game is NOT a patch and is a separate executable file. No extra steps needed to play the game once your download is complete. Your old save files of Insurgence will NOT translate over to Detergent.

Screenshots:
    detergentscreenshotsv4.png

hiddeneggmoves-2.gif

Features:
    - Vanilla mode, for those who just want the QoL, and Harder-esk mode, for those who want an actual challenge that was desingned to keep you busy, and at the bare minimum have 2 pokemon of your party to faint.*
    - Quality of Life improvements.
    - Edited UI.
    - Catch around 2 and a half boxes of Delta Pokémon before the postgame.
    - All Delta Pokémons were buffed.
    - Buffed Old Megas and Pokémon.
    - New Items and Abilities.
    - Sidequests added.
    - New Deltas and New Pokémon.
    - A new type of egg moves, Hidden Egg Moves.
    - New Custom Mega evolutions.
    - "Sh*tposts".
    - Everything Base Insurgence has. (excluding Online Features for obvious reasons)

* Some small features such as forced set style and hard caps always on are also forced in Vanilla.
    v1.4 Changelog:
    - Taen Final Quest and Damien Quest have been added.
    - Fixes some Deltas not being able to learn their hidden egg move.
    - Pressing "U" heals your Party.
    - Pressing "I" opens the PC.
    - You can Skip Legend Animations, the on and off switch is on Options.
    - You can turn off Bike/Surf special BGM, the on and off switch is on Options.
    - Repels where buffed.
    - EXP. All has been pseudo added. Keep your EXP Share in the bag and it will act like it.
    - Surf is used by simply walking into a water tile. (You also don't dismount your bike when you stop surfing)
    - Added an option to make Mono-Type runs easier to start.
    - Healing Items can be used inbattle once again, in Vanilla mode. (PS; Limit of 4 items per trainer battle!)
    - Player can choose Switch style once again, in Vanilla mode.
    - Freeze reworked to be a Special-type Burn.
    - Sylvan checks for your Delta Pokedex rather than your NatDex.
    - "Wild Pokemon" battles where changed to be more special.
    - Added Statues to Torren's Pokemon League.
    - You get Premier Balls for every 10 balls purchase (example: if you buy 90 Great Balls, you get 9 Premier Balls)
    - 99 items limit per purchase is increased to 999
    - Moves:
    Spoiler:

- Abilities:
    Spoiler:

- Items:
    Spoiler:

- HotFixes:
    Spoiler:

Future Features:
    - Better Level Curve.
    - All Post-game fights edited.
    - Custom Quests, both postgame and maingame.
    - Better AI. (least likely out of the bunch :c)
    - More Custom Deltas! (if have a cool Delta with sprites contact me c; )
    - More QoL.

In-Detail Quality of Life improvements:
    Spoiler:

Older Versions:
    Spoiler:

Links:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

The PBS attached is for Vanilla Insurgence, so anyone can modify Vanilla Insurgence if they wish. (PS: It won't work with Detergent)

Attachments

• Insurgence-PBS.zip
      490.5 KB · Views: 929
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    very gud game, just started and already enjoying it. brings the old stuff from insurgence and makes them even better. the games feels more balanced with some things being removed cough eevee not as op highly recommend

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Really hyped to try this! I haven't played insurgence since it was first released. This might just be another reason for me to play again. I do have a question though, I downloaded the main file, and went through the changelog folder. I came across the text file on level caps. Not sure if they were present in the original insurgence since it has been that long since I last played through it, but if I play the non hard version, will it still be present? Thank you!

Years
  • due to detergent being a difficulty increase mod first and foremost, some changes are forced even in vanilla mode, such as the level caps and the set style (also yes it was on base insurgence, but locked into 'hard' mode only)

also thank you for the kind comment!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    2 questions. How do we get the hidden egg moves? Wanted a delta squirtle with origin Pulse. Also, were the themes for the Cult Leaders replaced? Audrey, Nyx and Jaern themes were fire, especially Nyx.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Also, a bunch of bugs. Delta Grimer has been replaced by a baltoy somehow, Counter strikes first instead of last and Rpck Slide has only 65 power.

Years
  • yeah like above counter strikes first also have this problem and also have this problem when fighting orion and also somehow i am in hard mode when i chose vanilla mode in the intro and didn't change the mode at all in the first city(did at first then started a new save)
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Detergent
    Script 'Interpreter' line 277: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 5, map 149 (Suntouched Gym):

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: Section066:832:in `pbStartBattleCore'Party 2 has more than 6 Pokémon.

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Orion,"Orion",_I("I lost... but what a great battle that was!"),false,0)

Interpreter:244:in `pbExecuteScript'

*PokeBattle_Battle:760:in `pbStartBattle'

*PokemonTrainers:2357:in `pbTrainerBattle'

*PokemonTrainers:2356:in `pbSceneStandby'

*PokemonTrainers:2358:in `pbTrainerBattle'

*PokemonTrainers:2355:in `pbBattleAnimation'

*PokemonTrainers:2355:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:797:in `eval'

Interpreter:244:in `pbExecuteScript'

OK

Last edited:
    Years
  • How do we get the hidden egg moves? Wanted a delta squirtle with origin Pulse.
    Its not that simple, first you need to find a plate that has the same type as the move you want, in this case, splash plate. Then you need to fully evolve your delta (Blastoise here) and make it hold the splash plate, delta ditto can hold whatever you want.

Also, were the themes for the Cult Leaders replaced? Audrey, Nyx and Jaern themes were fire, especially Nyx.
    most (if not all) important trainer battles have changed BGM, most of them are from the rom hack Pokémon Clover.

Also, a bunch of bugs. Delta Grimer has been replaced by a baltoy somehow, Counter strikes first instead of last and Rpck Slide has only 65 power.
    all of those are just features, delta grimer is way too OP to be just given out like that (and claydol is very good, if you are not doing a delta mono, highly recommend checking the buffs I gave it), the Counter thing is just a cheap way of removing cheap cheese and lastly rock slide was buffed to have 100acc and since it is spammable even with 90acc, decided to lower it's BP a little.

Years
  • @karnamata
    That may be since there was a script left by insurgence that forced the player to be on normal mode. In the latest update i removed that and because in detergent there is only 2 mode while in insurgence there is 3, so the normal mode was 'removed' basically, insurgence easy mode = detergent Vanilla and insurgence normal/hard mode = detergent Hard mode. If you still want to be on vanilla, download the lastest version and you will sadly need to restart :c sorry about that.

And for that crash, is there a way for you to send me your save file? here or on discord? im testing with my own and everything works just fine...

Years
  • @karnamata
    That may be since there was a script left by insurgence that forced the player to be on normal mode. In the latest update i removed that and because in detergent there is only 2 mode while in insurgence there is 3, so the normal mode was 'removed' basically, insurgence easy mode = detergent Vanilla and insurgence normal/hard mode = detergent Hard mode. If you still want to be on vanilla, download the lastest version and you will sadly need to restart :c sorry about that.

And for that crash, is there a way for you to send me your save file? here or on discord? im testing with my own and everything works just fine...
    here's the save file,and no worry about hard mode it's not too difficult just said as i don't want someone who doesn't want the game to be hard to start on a hard mode,also can you please send a file about the location of delta pokemon so it will be easy for team building

Attachments

• Game.zip
      22.2 KB · Views: 20
    Years
  • @karnamata
    the patch should fix your problem, sorry about that crash. Full version getting Uploaded soon.

thanx man it works after talking to npc, want one more thing to know if the vanilla mode is the easy or normal mode from insurgence

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is actually really interesting, my least favorite part of insurgence (besides the level curves) was the music choices. I found it quite annoying that half the tracks in the game are from the default Pokemon essentials.
    I was also just curious if there were plans to add gen 7 (or if its already there and I just didn't see xD)

Years
  • Totally agree on the first point, makes the game feel much more alive.
    For your second point, adding pokemon is a pain in the ass in my experience, expecially non variant ones there is also the limitation of insurgence engine of only 255 abilities being possible in the game, this means gen7, gen8 or whatever gen will most likely never be added. Also you are talking with someone that hates gen7 with all of his guts lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Totally agree on the first point, makes the game feel much more alive.
    For your second point, adding pokemon is a pain in the ass in my experience, expecially non variant ones there is also the limitation of insurgence engine of only 255 abilities being possible in the game, this means gen7, gen8 or whatever gen will most likely never be added. Also you are talking with someone that hates gen7 with all of his guts lol

That makes sense, I feel the same way about gen 8 and I guess 70 more pokemon wont really make a difference lol. Also forgot to mention that I like that more delta pokemon are available before the post game. I remember feeling a bit annoyed when I played insurgence for the first time realizing that around half the delta pokemon in the game couldn't even be caught throughout the main story.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Its not that simple, first you need to find a plate that has the same type as the move you want, in this case, splash plate. Then you need to fully evolve your delta (Blastoise here) and make it hold the splash plate, delta ditto can hold whatever you want.

most (if not all) important trainer battles have changed BGM, most of them are from the rom hack Pokémon Clover.

all of those are just features, delta grimer is way too OP to be just given out like that (and claydol is very good, if you are not doing a delta mono, highly recommend checking the buffs I gave it), the Counter thing is just a cheap way of removing cheap cheese and lastly rock slide was buffed to have 100acc and since it is spammable even with 90acc, decided to lower it's BP a little.

Oh ok, all those changes make sense. Thx for the effort, already beat Orion. That Metang was a pain in the ass. Also, what do you consider BS deltas that only got included in post game? I really wanted a Delta Volcarona, one of the coolest poke in the game, but its only post game, right?

Years
  • what do you consider BS deltas that only got included in post game
    Spoiler:

^these are just truly bs so postgame only.

Spoiler:

^now these are postgame only or not available at all since they are either just legendaries or unstoppable deltas.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just played through the first gym, the game really lives up to a good insurgence upgrade. Took me a few tries and some team switching before I actually beat the first gym. The music fits nicely as well, and I really like the removal of accuracy lowering and evasion raising.

Also I think I came across a bug where my delta diglett wouldn't evolve at level 26 (the level listed on the insurgence wiki) and I checked the changelog and it wasn't in there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    due to detergent being a difficulty increase mod first and foremost, some changes are forced even in vanilla mode, such as the level caps and the set style

This really seems like the kind of information that should be included in the OP. Not only did you not mention either of those changes, your ist of features explicitly lies- Vanilla Mode doesn't just add the QOL changes.

Back