• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Earth & Sky [Updated - New Info]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
EDIT - 7-20-17: This project is paused for a while because it will take a very long time to complete.
Hi everyone! My last project was cancelled, but I'm very determined to make this one happen. So, here is the game so far:

Engine
Me and anyone who decides to join my team will use jMonkeyEngine as the engine.
EDIT - 11/26/16: There is a beta starter kit now. However, it does not include much except a map editor.
EDIT - 11/27/16: I have found an Engine that uses Java, so I will be using that one.
EDIT - 04-07-17: I am making a concept game in Pokémon Essentials. However, the concept game won't be released it is more for developmental purposes.

Why Do This?
I always wanted to make a super-epic Pokémon game, and now, that can finally become reality (now that I know that others have tried similar things).

Back-Story
As you all know, AZ used the ultimate weapon to end a war that killed his most dear Pokémon. Well, the demonstration that ended the war blew a hole in the Luguar Region. The hole bore so deep into the Earth, it created a supervolcano (yes, those do exist. Yellowstone is one.). When the supervolcano originally erupted, it created a major natural disaster. Ash rose high into the sky, and gigantic tsunamis swept over other nearby regions.

Once the inhabitants of the Luguar Region found out who was responsible, some forgave, but a group called the Prosecutors vowed to eliminate the King of Kalos and his entire family. However, the king put down the Prosecutors...or so he thought...

Features
- 3-D graphics
- 8 gyms and a Pokémon League
- Very rich and epic plot
- Mega Evolution
- New Mega Evolutions
- New Pokémon (some with never-before-seen typing)
- Every gym leader and Elite 4 member has a Mega Evolution
- Starters do not follow traditional starter typings
- Starter typings were made in a way so that each starter has a type advantage against the other two starters.
- No "PBS" folder
- Alola Forms
- Ultra Beasts
More to come!

Progress Report
Unfortunately, I have not made much progress. I need more people on my team to get any further. But, here is a list of what is complete:
- Some new Pokémon have been completed (ideas)
- Concept for all 8 gym leaders, Elite 4, and Champion (most still need teams, though)
Spoiler:

Screenshots
None yet, as I have not gotten very far in development. But, I have attached the current region map.

Credits
JME core team - JME
Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures Inc. - original Pokémon games
Pokemon Essentials - Pokemon facts (move pools, gender ratios, etc.)
Myself - Some of the new Pokémon, concepts for the Erisia League, Region map, back-story, lead programmer, lead level designer, lead 3-D modeler
My Friend (he does not have a PokéCommunity account) - Lead music developer, Lead 3-D Spriter

As I stated earlier, I need more team members in order to get further with this project. These are the available positions:

- 3-D Designer
- 3-D Spriter
- Programmer (C#)
+I will take care of the programming since it is in Java now, and I am most experienced with Java than any other language. However, people are still welcome to help out.
- Soundtrack Creator
+ I have found a person willing to do both spriting and the music. All I need now is someone to help with some 3-D models. (There will be a lot of Pokémon in the game, and I don't want to do too much by myself, nor do I want to do too little.)

Attachments

• Erisia Region Map.jpg
    Erisia Region Map.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Years
A project depending on an engine that you haven't started doesn't seem like the best idea..
But good luck. As long as you know some programming, C# isn't too difficult a language to learn.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I know that it's not the best idea to use Unity, but I am determined to make the project work. I already know some Java and C, so I probably could learn C#. However, I want to be the creative person for this project, so I will leave the programming to someone else.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Will be interesting to see what you can do, also, gym leaders names always correspond to their typing, so you might wanna put a little more thought into it.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
However, I want to be the creative person for this project, so I will leave the programming to someone else.

With all due respect, if that's your attitude going into game development, then you're not going get very far. This is your game. You've got to do the most work. You can't just expect to write the fanfiction and all that easy work while dumping all the hard work such as programming on someone else. Believe it or not, coding a game engine isn't as easy as writing up a story. And even then, people who can program are likely to be working on their own projects, where they only have to answer to themselves, not some "creative person".

So, if you're truly dedicated to making this game, learn how to do what you need done, and do it. People won't join a team if the lead dev doesn't bring much to the table themselves.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Well I was planning on providing help to the team members who need it. Especially the programmer. now I am convinced to do the code I know and I will need (instead of just giving the code to the programmer). However, I will need someone to help me because I'm still kinda new to programming and usually programmers work in teams for big projects like this one.

Back