• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skype sign in errors

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Reposting my previous post from the Advice thread:

I've been getting pop-up messages to install my Skype again for the upgrades it'll be getting for the last couple of days. One time, it sent me to a link to the Skype website, and when I read the reviews, they went somewhere like this:

"Can't sign in. Error message keeps coming back. If this is a Microsoft app, why is it so difficult to use on a Microsoft phone? Also, when trying to sign in at the Skype website, an error message says "Sorry, Skype isn't allowing the sign in on this device yet." Ok. No way to sign in to Skype on this phone... So why is Skype app available on this phone? Don't get it."

"Skype on W10M is pure garbage. EDIT: v12.10 • No Location Sharing • No drawing • No transparent Tile • Opening the app won't clear Action Center notifications (on phones, it does on PC) • Answering from a notification won't clear the Live Tile • Slow • Opening the app on Phone will most of the time kill any other audio source. At the same time, Skype will also kill its own audio source, making so you are not longer able to hear people during calls. • Broken video calling (upside down image) • Doesn't seem to want to send keyboard emoji anymore. • Pointless "New Messages" notification instead of the actual notification with the message. • No Gallery on phone • No Fluent Design elements on phone • Crashes often At this point, what's the point of Skype?"

"Keeps freaking force quitting on the splash screen... I uninstalled it and when I reinstalled it nothing changed... Why? My phone has 3GB of ram."

I have Windows 10 for a few years now, and I fear that if I say "yes," then I may lose my Skype account, as well as all of my contacts. However, one of my Skype friends has his Skype updated (not voluntarily) and told me I won't lose everything, but I'll have an ugly-looking Skype background. Can anyone who has already updated their Skype tell me if what I'm doing is the right thing?

Years
  • Moved this to its own thread. I said in the help & advice thread that you are to make your own threads with the [Help] prefix here in the section.

Back