• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Hp, Special Attack, Speed???

Pokémon Trainer Marnie

Dark Type Trainer
Years
  • I want to use Gardevoir as my main special attacker/Pokémon because i like the character unfortunately i don't know the best EV spreadsheet. I would like her to survive attacks and have high special attack so i thought hp and special attack would be best with remaining in speed.

However many suggest special attack and speed, i also want to use stonjurer as a defence tank if it is a good choice, i just like it's little hat hehe.

Can't find a raid den with a ralts for breeding?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can use berries to get rid of EVs if you ever feel the need to change your Gardevoir's EVs. HP+Sp.Atk is hardly the worst combination I can imagine for the Pokemon anyway. There's probably reasons why Sp.Atk+Speed is the common recommendation, but I'm not familiar with Gen 8 meta so I can't honestly speculate as to why, though in gens 6 and 7 that was the go-to because Mega Gardevoir had a nice Speed stat of 100 and high Sp.Atk (165) plus increased Sp.Def.

And if you're going into dens to find good IV Ralts, that's not something to worry about too much about either. If to have a good IV Ditto, you can build your way up to a 5IV Ralts from there. If you don't have one, I imagine you could get a Ditto with good IVs from our Trade Corner. You can also Hyper Train a Pokemon to give it max IVs too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Favors a Pokemon getting more strikes in. Applies moreso to a Pokemon with a high offensive stat.

Example: Modest Gardevoir mirror match. Equal level and perfect IVs on both. Knows Shadow Ball on both. Ignored held items and special defense drops. Varied one bit: Speed EVs versus Hitpoint EVs.
    Round 1:
    - Speed Gardevoir's Shadow Ball. Hits Hitpoint Gardevoir for 48.8 - 57.6% of its health.
    - Hitpoint Gardevoir's Shadow Ball. Strikes Speed Gardevoir for 59.9 - 70.7% of its health.

Round 2:
    - Speed Gardevoir's Shadow Ball. Finishes off Hitpoint Gardevoir 96.1% of the time.

Gives Hitpoint Gardevoir the edge on longer fights. Drops before leveraging its added bulk, however (in this case, at least). Only pays to invest in Speed if you actually outspeed your opponent too. Effectively wasted those Speed EVs if it does not.

Stonjourner
    Makes sense to use it as a physical tank. Combines great hitpoints and defense with several good moves.

Back