• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Have we hit downtempo synthpop saturation yet?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like popular music to move on to something with some joy in it again.
    Do you have an example of what kind of music "downtempo synthpop" is? I'm very curious ahha

Years
  • You know, I don't think it's that it's trying to be depressing on purpose, so much as it is becoming tasteful and actually trying to be meaningful. Now, whether or not it succeeds in that matter, you decide.

Years
  • Do you have an example of what kind of music "downtempo synthpop" is? I'm very curious ahha

Yes, ones like these:

Spoiler:

Songs that don't have much energy, don't have much fun, don't have much of a buildup, or if they have one don't have much of a payoff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Interesting. Yeah I agree with you; I generally stay away from these songs I think. Never quite analyzed how similar these kinds of songs are to each other before.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh rip. I haven't listened to any of these, but I tend to like downtempo kind of stuff. But I do think it should be in moderation. Guess that's just the thing now, much like how 2011 and 2012 was ruled by the club hits feat. Pitbull. I find the downtempo trend more tolerable than that, at least. lol

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I want pop radio music that is less like this:

Electronic into -> throwaway singer singing unmemorable lyrics -> beat drop followed by 1 minute of generic electro -> repeat.

I am tired of this music that has been dominating the radio over here since the rise of David Guetta and Skrillex (though dubstep was never popular, contemporary pop follows a similar pattern). If you do not hear this music that often the congratulations, your radio stations are not run by tasteless jockeys.

I want pop music to become more creative and memorable. Pop music has always been generic, but this brand of pop music is just irritating me at this point.

Back