• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
  • I've been breeding 37 ampiom and finally got the right nature. I didn't get the nature I wanted, but i got the right one without the ability to pickup. I don't know I got a ability of runaway. In fact I'm going to catch myself an adamant ditto to breed it again.

May 03, 2011 and time 12:07 a.m.: WOW! I was ev training my ampiom and found a shiny male goldeen nature is gentle.

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Owned Red. Only used my Lv. 82 Typhlosion and my Lv. 79 Lugia. Dont know why everyone whines and complains though :o. Afterwords, got Bulbasaur from Oak and Mudkip from Steven.

Traded over my Typhlosion and Lugia and Dratini to my HeartGold from my SoulSilver, it only has 1 badge so my Pokes are being insolent, but training them up to on HG nonetheless...Since its fun :D.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I've finally defeated the Elite Four.
    I've changed my mind and I modified my team at last, so here it is.

Feraligatr Lv. 47 - Surf, Slash, Ice Fang, Crunch
    Togekiss Lv. 46 - Fly, Magical Leaf, Aura Sphere, Extrasensory
    Umbreon Lv. 47 - Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Dig, Quick Attack
    Arcanine Lv. 47 - Crunch, Thunder Fang, Flamethrower, Iron Tail
    Machamp Lv. 46 - Strength, Drain Punch, Cross Chop, Foresight
    Victreebel Lv. 47 - Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • - Bred team for HG in SS.
    - Started new HG file. My character's name is Judas.
    - Picked Chikorita.
    - After giving Elm the Mystery Egg, I traded away Chikorita and five others to trade over my team of 5 plus an HM slave (Krabby).)
    - Training team right now, which is: Riolu, Wailmer, Combee, Treecko, Swablu

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I'm in Ilex Forest, heading to route 34. I have this team:
    Egglin The Level 13 Modest Togepi
    Sweet Kiss
    Charm
    Extrasensory
    Metronome
    I had no idea that togepi had a modest nature until now, and since togetic/kiss have base 40/50 attack, I'm happy! ...Only it gets HUSTLE instead of serene grace. So the good nature is partially canceled out by the terrible ability.
    FlameGamma The Level 19 Gentle Quilava
    Quick Attack
    Leer
    SmokeScreen
    Ember
    The only problem with quilava is the lack of strong special fire-type moves. But hey, it's a decent nature - typhlosion has (a bit) better special defense then defense. My next pokemon, on the other hand, has a horrible nature.
    Vamp The Level 15 SASSY Zubat
    Leech Life
    Supersonic
    Astonish
    Bite
    A speed-lowering nature? On the 6th-fastest pokemon, according to marilland? Oh no I am not dealing with that... Or I wouldn't, if it wasn't too late.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Decided to create a better team, so got rid of Togekiss, Tyrannitar, Mewtwo, and possibly Groudon, and switching out Pikachu for Electevire (After very careful consideration, and looking at stats and movesets, even then I though about having two electric types in my party..Might still.)

Went searching for a male Swinub to breed a swinub egg to evolve it to Mamoswine after the second evolved form. Found one on first try, sent it to the nice old pedos at the daycare..

Went to route 10 in search of an Electabuzz, to breed a Elekid, to then in turn level up into an Electabuzz and evolve it into an Electivire. Found a female Electabuzz, but still searching for a male..

Yay! My Ditto and Swinub managed to make the bed rock, so now I have a shiny new egg to run around with for a hour or two >_>. Still searching for an Electabuzz before I head over to the daycare center though.While searching for a Electabuzz, contemplated catching a Beldum and evolving to get a Metagross..And decided I will, after I finish getting my eggs hatched.

Finally ran into a male Electabuzz, so happy! Caught it on the first try with a quick ball.Headed over to the daycare center to grab my egg and send in the newly found lovebirds Ditto and Electabuzz.

Got an Elekid egg, going to run around for awhile..

Getting a Beldum soon, and might even catch a Gable or grible or whatever the basic evolution of Garchomp is, to perfect my team. Then again, might get a Dragonair and get an Dragonite instead..Or even might catch a Bagon and get a Salamance. Orrrrr might train my Lv. 2 Charmander into a Charizard..Who knows *shrugs*

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Just started a new file a few days ago and this time around I'm actually doing a lot of grinding to try and stay over leveled. I started with Cyndaquil this time and caught myself a Pidgey later on. I stuck with those two until I got to Violet City and got myself a Mareep. I took down Falkner easily and right now I'm battling Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well.

Team:
    Quilava Lv.18
    Pidgeotto Lv.18
    Flaaffy Lv.18

Years
  • finish training my pokemon and battled Garrabutarulo today. Came so close to winning, but his farfetched killed my team in action with a quick attack. :'( My team's health were really low. :'( It was a great battle toward the end, but I could never beat Garra.

Years
  • Well now that I finished my White, I can go back to my HG.

I am training for my epic battle with Red. I better win so I can get those starters xD

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    Although I've figured out a lot of them from the internet, I haven't played HG/SS before. I also never played G/S/C, or any game other than Black for that matter. It's kind of fun, filling in the pieces of the games I've been hearing about.

I named my trainer Isaac, although I'm a girl and I don't even know any Isaacs.

Team:

*Helix the Quilava (18)
    *Lisa the Butterfree (18) (I picked her up just for kicks, and then went OMG SLEEP POWDER BEFORE THE SECOND GYM THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING.)
    *Lein the Flaafy (18)
    *Jared the Sandshrew (18)
    *Morgana the Abra (11) (I'll train her later)
    *Ritonis the Togepi (7) (Also too lazy to train right now)

This is right before Whitney. I hear she's difficult, so I'm probably vastly underleveled, but eh. If I lose, Isaac still gets character development, so it won't be too bad.

Edit: There goes Whitney!

I went into the battle planning on abusing Sleep Powder against the Miltank before it could do anything, since I knew it had Rollout and knew basically what it did (though not that it was Rock, asdfg). So I sent out Lisa against the Clefairy, put it to sleep, hit it a few times. Then it woke up, used Metronome, and immediately used...Explosion. Yeah, Lisa was gone for the battle.

And then it turned out the Miltank had a Lum Berry anyway. I can never keep my berries straight, but I'm pretty sure those are the ones that heal any status. Oooops. But I still managed to get it paralyzed eventually, and then spent about 15 minutes attacking furiously while it kept spamming heals. And THEN it started using Rollout. My starter is female, which is nice, but Rollout is apparently rock, which is not so nice. Luckily, paralyze hax managed to buy me some turns. It took all of my fresh water/super potions, but I finally managed to beat it. :D

...That's a large amount of text for a battle description. ._.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Training my Shellder so she learns Ice Beam

Current team:

Roserade, Golduck, Staraptor, Manectric, Skuntank, Shellder

My Trainer's Name: Nichole

My Trainer's Gender: Female

My Starter in this adventure: Cyndaquil (now he's a Typhlosion)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    After taking a short break from playing Pokemon, I am back with Soul Silver, a game I have never actually taken much interest in, but I am gonna try it out and see if I do take interest.

Anyways, started my adventure and picked Totodile from the Prof, and I am now on Route 29 on my way to Mr. Pokemons house, exciting!

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Working on the Ribbons in Battle Tower, I LOL'd when that big fat dude says "I Lost, I have to report this to my internet buddies" xD Maybe he is actually a real person and posts here in this travel journal! Lmao.

Years
  • I keep challenging the Elite 4 plus Lance with my pokemon team and i'm trying not to use any items only after i've finished beating each elite. Only got upto Brunos' Machamp.

I've got a Machoke Lvl 40, Enkei Lvl 45, Raikou Lvl 45, Feraligatr Lvl 43, Gyarados Lvl 36 and a Umbreon Lvl 32, one big challenge but it helps me raise my pokemon quicker.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    In search of a Lucky egg, our hero arrives in Safari Zone. Chansey keeps running away.. as usual! And who knows how many I will have to catch just to obtain the item? This will be a long day..

Back