• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Rounding Out a Team for Charizard/Dragapult Counter

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2020
NOTE THIS IS FOR BSS

Team Link so far: pika.team/Tb6Rm4PL6K

I need to add a 6th person who would preferably be able to deal with Dragapult and Charizard.

My ideas as of now are: Life Orb Clefable, Tyranitaur, Gyrados, Crawdaunt, Grimmsnarl (sucker punch). Can't decide which rounds the team off the best. My team is slow so Gyrados' speed would be appreciated, but Grimmsnarl screens would be nice and allow toxtricity to deal with charizard, while sucker punch would allow him to deal with dragapult. Tyranitaur is the only one that can solo them both on the list from neutral but I don't know enough about him/teambuilding to know if he fits well here.

Also interested in a recommendation for the last 2 moves on Ferrathorn for the team. Basically protect/power whip or bullet seed/curse.

Thanks

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Tyranitar serves as a decent answer to both Charizard and Dragapult due to the SpDef boost it gets in sand.

Crawdaunt is similar to Sharpedo...just about all offense and speed with not much defenses.
This is not accurate. Crawdaunt is quite slow, but is way more powerful than Sharpedo due to its ability Adaptability. It's not a great Dragapult answer though.

Last edited:
Years
I would second Tyranitar as a good bet there.
As for your Ferrothorn, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Thunder Wave, Knock Off and Power Whip are all options.

Years
I mean yeah, Tyranitar could work for both, just watch for Focus Blast and Brick Break from Charizard, and Solar Beam too.

I don't think those are huge concerns tbh. Brick Break isn't going to happen and Tyranitar could easily tank it if it did, Focus Blast is unreliable and Solar Beam is dependent on the sun.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
I don't think those are huge concerns tbh. Brick Break isn't going to happen and Tyranitar could easily tank it if it did, Focus Blast is unreliable and Solar Beam is dependent on the sun.

Tyranitar will tank NO Fighting moves ever with that double weakness lol. As long as the attacking offensive stat is high enough, he's usually going down every single time.

Years
Tyranitar will tank NO Fighting moves ever with that double weakness lol. As long as the attacking offensive stat is high enough, he's usually going down every single time.

With Charizard having full SpA investment and Tyranitar having no defensive investment at all, Charizard has less than 50% chance to OHKO Tyranitar with Focus Blast in Sand, which it basically always has up. Specially defensive Tyranitar is 2HKOed by Focus Blast, 4HKOed if it has a Chople Berry. All this assuming a famously inaccurate move actually hits, while Charizard is also completely unable to switch into Tyranitar at all or to tank Stone Edge if Tyranitar comes in off a free switch. It's not a perfect counter by any means, but Tyranitar is a solid check.

Yollaxi

Yollaxi
Years
I need to add a 6th person who would preferably be able to deal with Dragapult and Charizard.

My ideas as of now are: Life Orb Clefable, Tyranitaur, Gyrados, Crawdaunt, Grimmsnarl (sucker punch). Can't decide which rounds the team off the best. My team is slow so Gyrados' speed would be appreciated, but Grimmsnarl screens would be nice and allow toxtricity to deal with charizard, while sucker punch would allow him to deal with dragapult. Tyranitaur is the only one that can solo them both on the list from neutral but I don't know enough about him/teambuilding to know if he fits well here.

I'd personally go for a Gorilla Tactics, choice scarf max speed, jolly Darmanitan. Moveset including Ice Punch/Icicle Crash and Stone Edge/Rock Slide. As long as there is no tailwind, it'll outspeed both and OHKO

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 14, 2022
I'm more of a visual person, so it's hard for me to grasp your team from just the words, however You might consider a gimmick like focus sash tyranitar and go adamant max attack/speed Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Crunch/Fireblast and run an excadrill to abuse the sand.

joggerdev

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Use a Rhyperior. Great physical blanket check and not one that people come prepared for.

Back