• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A SHEEP FLYING INTO THE SUN

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • My Alolan Travel Diary

Aloha! This is my Alola adventure journal! I hope y'all enjoy it! Note: Spoilers ahead!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon video chatting with the eccentric and intelligent Professor Kukui, I introduced myself as John Henry. I am moving to the Alola region and am hoping to make some good friends with the people there. I have heard they are nice and accepting, but my shyness makes me worried.

Well, it turns out Professor Kukui is a great guy in real life as well! He introduced me to Hau, Lillie, and the melemele island kahuna (Hana), who gave me the fateful decision of choosing my starter. After long debate, I chose Rowlet and nicknamed him "Okumura." I am not super content with the nickname, so when I meet the name changer, I will change his name to "Brave."

So far those Pikipeks have proven to be quite difficult opponents for my Rowlet because of their type advantage. But with ample training and care, I am confident in Okumura's abilities. I often feed Okumura Pokepuffs and clean him off after tough battles to gain trust between the two of us.

Even after land sliding all of my opponents, (Sorry Hau, but you just plain suck) Professor Kukui recommended me to visit the Trainer's School to gain battle experience for me and my pokemon. But I haven't caught a single pokemon!!! I love the Alolan pokemon and newly discovered Alolan forms, and as a result, I can't decide what I want to put on my team!

So far I have decided to add my newest member: Vespula the Grubbin. I have taken quite a liking to Vespula and I am training him up to be competitive at the Trainer's School. Once she reaches level 8, ill go fight! But the training is difficult because of Grubbin's low level- she was nearly defeated by a pesky Wingull. But Vespula has come through with many clutch dodges in multiple battles. Im expecting a lot out of her in the future now!

During training, I caught a Rattata with the name "Big Bi" (a typo- it was supposed to be "Big Boss") and a Pikepek named "Rosa" for its red color and female gender.

On my way to the school, I am healing my pokemon and buying some much-needed items, such as poke balls, potions, and other healing items. I need to be prepared for my challenges! On a side note, I picked up the Snorlax, which I promptly named "Tank." However, only Okumura and Vespura are permanent members of the team and will fight for me at the Trainer's School.

The Trainer's School is really nice... I wish the schools in my area were this modern and advanced! And that hot blonde teacher in the lobby...nnnnngggggggggg She gave me a quick claw, which my Vespula desperately needed for the speed advantage. These students must be so privileged- I hope they take advantage of the quality education.

-First- Bonsly! An easy battle, but the cute little thing fought valiantly. It reminds my of my favorite region, Sinnoh.
    -Second- Pikipek! It gave me quite a scare because Rowlet is so slow, but he pulled through. But Ill have to use a precious potion now.
    -Third: Metapod! For this battle I used Vespula. Her vice grips did little damage after all of the hardens used by the Metapod, but a victory is a victory I guess despite the annoyance. Im just glad Vespula got a chance to compete.
    -Last: What a smug look that rising star had! Ugh! But when he sent out his Grimer, I knew why he had that smug look: Grimer has type advantage against BOTH of my pokemon! But I pecked my way through to a victory.

Now its time to face the teacher, so I healed up my pokemon and cured Okumura of his poisoned status condition. I managed to beat her Magnemite with astonish while clinching a critical hit and a flinch. I wanted Vespula to beat the teacher's ace, but that required many potions as a result of the multiple incurred flinches. However, I came through in the end!

My rewards were the 5 great balls and work up TM and meeting the legendary Captian Llima, who heads the trial on the Melemele island. After saying farewell to my comrades, Lillie and Hau began giving the tour of Hau'oli City to me and I petting the powerful Tauros that had been intimidating the city dwellers for the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to the future: I would like to augment my team with a Rockruff and Salandit, but I dont know what to catch outside of those two. Also, when will I be able to catch those two? Sooner or later? Preferably something with strong defensive stats and maybe even the dragon typing, or any typing that will balance out my team well. Suggestions would be great! Current team: Rowlet (level 13) and Grubbin (Level 9)

Also where can I acquire an Everstone? I would like to keep cute Rowlet non-evolved for a while longer.

If you have any suggestions to improve this journal, please feel free to tell me! I want it to make this more enjoyable for both myself and y'all. Can someone tell me how to add pictures of the sprites for each of my pokemon? I would like to add them to the end of each blog. Thanks.

Powering off at 2:47 and happy pokemon catching! :D

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My Alolan Travel Diary

Just in time! Thanks Im about to continue my adventure! I literally took a nap from 8:30 pm to 10:20 or so because i felt too tired to play. But now I'm back with a root bear and protein bar! Woo!

Start: Hau'oli City 2:47

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I must educate y'all on how to say "hello" in Alola. The typical saying is "Alola!" How unique!

Second, I must educate y'all on how hot those babes were at the beach. HIGHLY recommended! When the man had me take photos through the cracked wall, I was hoping for some nice shots of women, but it was only a pikachu. Still cute though!

The shopping district is spectacular with all of the kind people; however, the clothing options for pants were severely limited and I am also very disappointed about the expensive price of the haircut and coloring for hair. Ill have to return another time in hopes of a deal.

The city hall is very intriguing- I love politics. It looks like the city government maintains the roads, supports the workers at the poke centers, and general law enforcement and cleaning duties. The politics in Alola seem very decentralized.

The masalada shop was great: cute girls and healthy food for my pokemon companions. No complaints!

On the other hand, Team Skull were not very cute. They were very troublesome, but I had no issue defeating them with the help of Ilima. After fighting Team Skull (who btw, have an awesome soundtrack), I proceeded to fight Ilima as a sort of practice trial. And my pokemon gained experienced to level up to level 14 and 10 respectively. I also caught a Meowth (nicknamed "Duterte"- long explanation), but I doubt I will keep him.

The cemetery makes me so sad to see so any dead pokemon, but the sight of these ghost type pokemon excite me. While I wont be using any of the pokemon on my team, I am very fond of ghost type pokemon. The cemetery is giving me very good experience for my Vespula and Okumura. Even with Duterte taking a backseat role by gaining experience only through the EXP share, he has grown to level 10. Hopefully his role in the trial will be to provide relief to my two aces.

This drifloon is proving to be hard to find. I want to catch one for that lady in the poke center, but the spawn rate seems low. Well I looked it up and Drifloon can only be caught during the day. A waste of time, but I got some great training in!

Its about time to begin my trial, and thankfully route 2 provided some really nice training... and even a trade! I added two new pokemon to my dex: Growlithe (Lucy) and Machop (Macho).

I was originally going to box them, but Ilima is really intimidating me with this trial, so ill bring them along just for safety. Plus Growlithe is a good lead with intimidate for the big battle and Machop will be able to smash up the rock types that may be located in Verdant Cavern.

My trial was going great until Team Skull showed up! It were those same pesky gangsters that harassed the old man at the berry fields. Very frustrating!

My gosh! The Totem Gumshoos had a brilliant entrance! Its shining with the flames of pure fierceness! But I can't let him intimidate me. I know these guys can call in for help, so I must be weary. In preparation, i use Work Up on my Okumura for a hopeful one-shot.

Afterwards, I accepted the challenge of catching some new pokemon in Verdant Cavern, and following receiving the Normalium Z-Crystal, I wanted a Yungoose. And in the process, I evolved my first pokemon! I changed my mind: I wanted a Dartrix as soon as possible, despite having cancelled the first time I had the opportunity to evolve Okumura.

I nicknamed my Yungoose "Baron" because it seemed fitting because of Trump's hair looking like the Yungoose line's hair and the name "Barron" fits in my opinion. But I went with "Baron" because of the Robber Barons and I thought a sort of thief connotation worked well with Yungoose.

IM GETTIN' RIIIIIICCCCCHHHHHHHHH $3,000 for catching a Cutiefly?! Ill do this all day!

On route 3, I used the Z-power for the first time to Breakneck Blitz a Spearow... and it was epic!

I also managed to snag an Oricorio in the Melemele Meadow, which is a truly unique and beautiful place (albeit very yellow). Also somehow a level 13 Rockruff outside my level 19 Dartrix.

The battle with Hau was as easy as an island breeze, but it helped me prepare for the upcoming Grand Trial with Kahuna Hana. Boy am I excited!

Oh no! My first pokemon fainted- Vespula because I triggered Mankey's Anger Point ability with a critical hit. This bad! Okumura took the hit like a boss thankfully. Otherwise, this battle would be much more difficult considering I only have 1 viable pokemon for this battle as Grubbin is fainted and Meowth is a dark type. It was a surprise to learn Crabrawler is not a water type. This mistake almost cost me my Okumura.

After I defeated Hana, I was rewarded the Fightinium Z-Power.

But I am more excited about my new Rockruff, which will be a permanent member of my team. I named him "White Fang" after White Fang in the book by Jack London. Im actually considering reading that book again. xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End: Hau'oli City Marina 6:12

Current Team Composition:
    -Dartrix (Okumura) Level 20 - Sharp Beak
    -Grubbin (Vespula) Level 17 - Silver Powder
    -Meowth (Duterte) Level 16 - Silk Scarf
    -Rockruff (White Fang) Level 11 - Normalium Z-Power

Looking to the future:
    -train Rockruff up to level 17 or so
    -keep in mind team's weaknesses: Dartrix and Grubbin both have speed inhibiting natures, so a Salandit addition would be nice. Rockruff is speedy, but had a modest nature, which hurts his attack stat, which was much-needed on this team. I will not be catching a new Rockruff because I believe that during regular play throughs of the games, the pokemon I like should be used and that I shouldn't discard pokemon with bad natures.
    -travel to the next island

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My Alolan Travel Diary

So yea, I began with fighting Ilima, and his Gumshoos wrecked half my team. And Smeargle took out my Rockruff, but I won in the end with my trusty Dartrix. I also received $3000 for showing off White Fang.

NOW OFF TO AKALA ISLAND OH YA

Heahea city is first!

I just met Olivia and Mallow... interesting kahuna and captain. Olivia definitely has the hots for Kukui. Im calling it now.

So I found the Name Rater... wont need him for a while. But I do want new clothes; however, they are so over priced. :/

While training on Route 4, I caught a Mudbray!!!

why does Hau still use only 2 pokemon? And why did he choose the pokemon weak to mine? he's too easy

I received an egg... I wonder what it will hatch into? (this is rhetorical- please dont spoil)

My Rockruff fainted before reaching the poke center on route 5 and i dont want to waste revives, but...... VESPULA IS EVOLVING!!! It's now a Charjabug!

okay I'm going to hatch this egg before i log off. lets see what it is!

its hatching! I'm excited! Welp, its just an Eevee. I was hoping for an Alolan pokemon. But at least i remembered I could just heal my pokemon by putting it in the box and taking it out again, so i dont need the poke center

Okay I'm ending on route 5. ya this session didnt have much, so yea.

End: Route 5 8:02

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My Alolan Travel Diary

Update: I played without writing in this journal, so I beat the first trial on Akala island, caught a Wishiwashi (on the team for now), and I'm at the Battle Royal Dome. Also Meowth evolved, but I found out that Chargabug wont evolve until the final island for some reason, so if you can trade that would be awesome

Begin: Battle Royal Dome/Wela Volcano Park 9:37 i think
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a happy John Henry. First Salandit I find is a female Salandit!!! Its only like a 13% chance too.. yay!

And I'm doubly lucky... dragon rage and smog was running rampant on my team. I easily could have lost this catch, but a clutch ultra ball caught her first try. Unfortunately I prefer my pokemon in poke balls, not ultra balls. I am naming the Salandit "Lizzy."

Ill be returning to the poke center to heal up and then continue on with my adventure! However, it looks like this route and volcano area will be difficult, but if this fortune continues, maybe i can pull through.

Welp. Just found Lizzy has a relaxed nature. But I think she will be fast enough anyways. Darn it, my luck with natures has been horrid!

So far in this trial, because I leveled up Pesca (wishiwashi) up to level 20, I can use her ability, and combined with the Water Z-power (Scald), I mop the floor with the trial captain's Marowaks despite guessing the dance moves wrong.

The Totom Salazzle definitely bedazzles me hehe. But she was no match for the Waterium Z-Power Wishiwashi.... the Salazzle didnt even have the opportunity to call for help! It looks like I wasted time and money on training and potions for this trial. I hope the Firium Z will really boost Lizzy's power, which is so far untested.

Btw Charizard is super convenient.

Fun fact: I actually know a person named Dakota that swims competitively. (you can find Swimmer Dakota to the right of Route 7).

Oooooohhhhh swimmer Tiare with that bikini! Why are there so many hot women in Alola? there are just so many bikini-clad women and beauties!

To the contrary, this Mareanie thing is ugly as heck. What the heck even is this thing?

And now Swimmer Vanessa... sticking out that booty while stretching?! She is even hotter! Apparently she issassy too (just let me on the island!) And she uses a Shellder... well we know what that evolves into. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i ran into Gladion in the motel. I love how he says "get out" Is this the first time in a pokemon game someone kicks you out of their home? its also funny he actually lives in the motel and doesnt get paid well lol. I have a feeling he will turn good after this run-in.

SIDE NOTE: GEN 4 REMAKES CONFIRMED- REFERENCE TO CRASHER WAKE!!!! (at least i hope gen 4 remakes happen)

On route 8 I have caught my final teammate: Stufful! I named him "Puppers" after my beloved stuffed animal dog when I was younger. He will replace my Persian.

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Lush Jungle 12:02

So it is time for Mallow's trail, and my team is prepared! We am properly trained, and I have 3 pokemon perfect for facing grass types: Salandit, Dartrix, and Vespula.

It looks like Ill have to use Stoutland Search for this... lets see if I can do this. ha! Get it? See?

Wow! that Loran's was certainly nothing to scoff at! And its entrance was spectacular, yet ominous. It survived a Z-Flame Burst from Salandit, and called for help by Castform. And that synthesis was hard to beat... the Sunny Day combo even fainted my Dartrix!

PROFESSOR KUKUI IS MARRIED?! WWWWWHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT?! HE LOOKED SINGLE TO ME!!!!!!

BLAH BLAH INTERDIMENSIONAL TIME HOLE CRAP BLAH BLAH... i got more important stuff like my finally evolved Rockruff!!! Now it is Midday Form Lycanroc.

I just bought a Skull Fossil because I know it can become Cranidos, or my favorite fossil pokemon. But I still wont use it on my permanent team. Also reference to gen 4?

End: route something 14:03 ill edit this later

Back