• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Is Pokemon your favorite game franchise?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • Pokemon is my favorite game franchise, although it's my 2nd favorite fandom.

I also kind of like Mario, but Pokemon is still much higher for me having fun with my favorite Pokemon in the newer series games is what I love the most. Pokemon following is still my biggest wish.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Definitely.

I've been a massive fan for the majority of my life so there's no way it couldn't be my favourite. But, in recent times I've gotta say that Animal Crossing has definitely shared the spotlight. That's why I'd adore to see a crossover between the two. :)

A Pokemon/AC crossover is definitely an interesting idea, though I'm not sure how it would work exactly (since I don't think the Pokemon universe is supposed to have standard animals, at least after gen I). I guess you could do a game where you live in a town, have a house, do what you want, etc., but with Pokemon as residents rather than animals? Or for a more direct cross-over, you could have both Pokemon and AC residents there, or do something where your trainer in a Pokemon game is from the AC world. So many possibilities...

Animal crossing is also one of my favorite franchises (probably 3rd or 4th, after Pokemon, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD, and a toss-up with the SM64/Sunshine/Galaxy line of 3D Mario games), and Pokemon and Animal Crossing share a lot of elements that I love (collecting things, some degree of independence in goal-setting [e.g., you can train Pokemon, breed random stuff, etc., rather than just having to progress with the plot, and AC gives you a ton of freedom outside of the tutorials], etc.). I doubt a cross-over will happen, though, but who knows?

TheOregle

Pokémon Ranger
    Years
  • Pokémon's definitely up top, purely because of the connection to my childhood and how i've grown to love the formula over the years. New generations never seem to dissapoint and Game Freak know what they're doing for the most part!

Resident Evil is another big one for me, but Capcom have been ruining that franchise since the fifth instalment.

Sageous

Xatu Lover
    Years
  • Pokemon is definitely my favorite franchise. Pokemon Crystal was the first game I ever completed when I was younger and it made me want to keep playing Pokemon. It's possibly a nostalgia thing, but I've always loved the mechanics of Pokemon too.

pkmin3033

It's been a while since I considered game series as a whole; I don't really have a favourite series because, in every series I have played, there has been at least one game that I've not enjoyed...usually more than one. The problem with considering a game series as a whole is that, whilst the better titles raise it up, the poorer titles drag it down. The likes of Final Fantasy, Tales, and even Pokemon have shown to me more than once that just because a game is part of a franchise does not mean that it is going to be any good.

I suppose the thing I appreciate the most about Pokemon is its consistency, though. Like most of Nintendo's mothership franchises, Pokemon has changed very little since its inception; it follows a core formula and deviates very little from that, adding and taking things away in an effort to produce an illusion of evolution in gameplay. That the fundamental gameplay hasn't been tampered with much over the years is fantastic, and I wish other developers would take note of this. Where you have Square Enix screwing with the ATB system and constantly trying to create a more action-oriented system, SEGA attempting to reinvent Sonic every few years to try and recapture his glory years, and Bandai Namco recycling the same set of tropes and locations over and over for new Tales titles, Pokemon sticks to a very basic, highly enjoyable formula and doesn't try to break the mould to the point that it becomes unrecognisable. I complain about it a lot at times - as do many others - but I can't imagine it any other way.

There is a Pokemon title in my Top 10 favourite video games - Platinum, specifically. So I suppose that's pretty good going for it. Of the six generations, the only ones I dislike are the third and the fifth, and I'm indifferent to the sixth. I loved the first, second, and fourth. So my impression is more favourable than not. This isn't even touching on the spinoffs, either.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Pokemon is my second favorite franchise. The first one is Super Mario, because I was introduced to that series before I even heard of Pokemon.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Pokemon is indeed my favorite franchise and series of games and forever will be.
    :) I have played countless games and still come back to that familier pokemon fun all the time.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Nope! Don't get me wrong, I love the series. But I'm much more of an RPG kind of guy. I would love if the series came out with a game like that, much more world-building, a little more open world, then it might actually make it to my number 1.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • It's my second favorite franchise, my favorite being Fire emblem. I would love to see a crossover between these 2 games. It could work out so well! I don't liked Pokémon conquest though...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    No. I actually don't have a favorite game series nowadays, because I don't own any current gen game systems. I love Tales, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts when I get a chance to play them, but unless something releases on the 3DS or PC and I actually have the money to buy them, I don't get to play them so I've kind of fallen out of a lot of game series I used to enjoy.

I was way more hooked on Fire Emblem Awakening a couple of years ago than I have been on Pokemon since Black and White came out. I still enjoy the games, but I play them once around for a few weeks and then stop.

PunkRockRat

Punking Pun-King
    Years
  • Mhm, despite Pokemon being one of my main passions, there's still the Xenoblade series to take the no. #1 in my ranking. Otherwise, Pokemon all the way!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Pokemon is on my second list after Worms series and Final Fantasy. It's just same cliche every pokemon game throws at possibly main series

Back