The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Developing Pokémon Fierce Melody [Alpha 1.1] [Updated 08/12/18]

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 25th, 2018 (5:26 PM).
Shawn Heatherly's Avatar
Shawn Heatherly Shawn Heatherly is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2016
    Location: United States
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 230
    Congrats on the alpha release!
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old June 30th, 2018 (10:32 AM).
    lee991 lee991 is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 6
      dang this looks really vibrant and nice looking will be looking forward to playing the demo
      of this game. the pokemon also look really well made :D
      Reply With Quote
        #78    
      Old July 4th, 2018 (7:54 PM). Edited July 4th, 2018 by Smash27.
      Smash27 Smash27 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2017
        Posts: 45
        Hey, it's been a while! Thank you for your feedback on the alpha :wink-right-eye:
        We're still working very hard, even redesigning stuff from scratch :boogie:
        We've updated Reed's design, the starters and we'll keep updating images on the main post to show our progress, thank you for your support :nod:


        Reply With Quote
          #79    
        Old July 4th, 2018 (8:13 PM).
        Shawn Heatherly's Avatar
        Shawn Heatherly Shawn Heatherly is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2016
          Location: United States
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 230
          Looking brilliant. I especially like Burny's updated sprite.
          Reply With Quote
            #80    
          Old July 10th, 2018 (8:08 AM).
          Smash27 Smash27 is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2017
            Posts: 45
            Hi everyone, we're updating the post with new arts of Merodia gym leaders:



            We've added the sprite of the grass starter:


            Nookibush

            And 5 of 7 pokémon you can found in Route 1:




            Finally, we have updated the screenshoot section:




            Thank you so much for all the feedback :)
            Reply With Quote
              #81    
            Old July 10th, 2018 (6:16 PM).
            Shawn Heatherly's Avatar
            Shawn Heatherly Shawn Heatherly is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2016
              Location: United States
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 230
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Smash27 View Post
              Hi everyone, we're updating the post with new arts of Merodia gym leaders:



              We've added the sprite of the grass starter:


              Nookibush

              And 5 of 7 pokémon you can found in Route 1:




              Finally, we have updated the screenshoot section:




              Thank you so much for all the feedback :)
              So much goodness! Janae looks great, and I love all the new Pokemon sprites.
              Reply With Quote
                #82    
              Old July 10th, 2018 (6:49 PM).
              Burningocean2012's Avatar
              Burningocean2012 Burningocean2012 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2017
                Location: The World of Make Believe
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 43
                The gold beta fat tiger hamster is really cute!
                __________________
                Unfinished games I support:Sky Twilight/Misanthropy Version 2/Coral/Xi Arco
                Orange/Grape/Dark Energy/Discovery/Postscriptum/Gaia/Floral Tempus/Conjure
                Pheonix Rising/Life/GS Chronicles/Normal Version/Bronze 2/Sea Temple/Red Chapter
                Re_Imagined/Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Crimson Skies/Axis/Cyan/Winds of Shadow


                I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                Reply With Quote
                  #83    
                Old July 11th, 2018 (10:06 PM).
                Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2017
                  Posts: 45
                  Thank you for the comments, we are updating a lot of the UI, bunch of screenshoots on the way :D

                  Reply With Quote
                    #84    
                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:04 PM).
                  Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2017
                    Posts: 45
                    We updated our Pokédex with some redesigns and new Pokémon :D

                    Reply With Quote
                      #85    
                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:07 PM).
                    Shawn Heatherly's Avatar
                    Shawn Heatherly Shawn Heatherly is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2016
                      Location: United States
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 230
                      Dovell and Gosnut are so cute.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #86    
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:57 AM).
                      Zeussilver's Avatar
                      Zeussilver Zeussilver is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2015
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 3
                        I cannot run the game despite have downloaded from different sources. When I try to run the game, it says "RGSS102J.dll could not be found." Please help me fix this I really want to play the game I hope u guys help.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #87    
                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:43 AM).
                        Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2017
                          Posts: 45
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Zeussilver View Post
                          I cannot run the game despite have downloaded from different sources. When I try to run the game, it says "RGSS102J.dll could not be found." Please help me fix this I really want to play the game I hope u guys help.
                          Hi, sorry for the incovenient, try to change the DLL name: " RGSS102E ", and replace it with " RGSS102J "

                          Let me know if it worked, and don't forget that this alpha was compiled in an early stage of development, so more of the changes are not included.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #88    
                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:55 AM).
                          Zeussilver's Avatar
                          Zeussilver Zeussilver is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2015
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 3
                            It's Finally working thank you ever so much. I love your game by the way, the art style is premium and very stylish, the fakemons are dope as hell and the soundtrack is great. By all means take your time with this game to craft a true experience that we can all enjoy. I can't wait to play the full version.

                            Thank you......
                            Reply With Quote
                              #89    
                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:06 AM).
                            Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2017
                              Posts: 45
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Zeussilver View Post
                              It's Finally working thank you ever so much. I love your game by the way, the art style is premium and very stylish, the fakemons are dope as hell and the soundtrack is great. By all means take your time with this game to craft a true experience that we can all enjoy. I can't wait to play the full version.

                              Thank you......
                              You're welcome, thank you for the support :D, we are two doing this xD and it will take some time, thanks again ;)
                              Reply With Quote
                                #90    
                              Old 1 Week Ago (4:50 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Smash27.
                              Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2017
                                Posts: 45
                                Hi there! It's been a while, we've been quite busy but we have updates for you about Fierce Melody :wink-right-eye:

                                Our starters have evolved!


                                We've updated the battle screen with new background and bases.


                                Here's a first look at Route 1, just north of Whistle Town:


                                The Trainer Card looks like this for Harmony and Reed:


                                This is the new Merodia Pokédex menu:


                                And this is how the Pokémon Stogare System will look like in Fierce Melody:


                                And we can finally show you the map of the Merodia Region! :nod:


                                Hope you like these updates, we'll bring more soon :smile:
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #91    
                                Old 1 Week Ago (7:16 PM).
                                Shawn Heatherly's Avatar
                                Shawn Heatherly Shawn Heatherly is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2016
                                  Location: United States
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quiet
                                  Posts: 230
                                  That's all great! I especially like the the starters' evolutions.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #92    
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (3:17 AM).
                                  lilbluedemon's Avatar
                                  lilbluedemon lilbluedemon is offline
                                  Crunching the numbers!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2015
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Posts: 196
                                    The sprites, the Battles, and the Pokédex all look great!

                                    The overworld looks a bit odd though, is it final? Or, will it be changed at some point?
                                    __________________

                                    "Pokémon Shining Silver"
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #93    
                                    Old 1 Week Ago (6:34 AM).
                                    Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2017
                                      Posts: 45
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by lilbluedemon View Post
                                      The sprites, the Battles, and the Pokédex all look great!

                                      The overworld looks a bit odd though, is it final? Or, will it be changed at some point?
                                      Thank you, and yes it is final :laugh-squinted:
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #94    
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (7:11 AM).
                                      lilbluedemon's Avatar
                                      lilbluedemon lilbluedemon is offline
                                      Crunching the numbers!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2015
                                        Gender: Female
                                        Posts: 196


                                        It's mostly this tall grass.
                                        Compared to how big everything else is, it really stands out, and makes me feel strange looking at it.
                                        __________________

                                        "Pokémon Shining Silver"
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #95    
                                        Old 1 Week Ago (8:49 AM).
                                        Vizier Vizier is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2015
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bashful
                                          Posts: 38
                                          Nice sprites.
                                          Hope the starters would evolve into some interesting dual typing.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #96    
                                          Old 1 Week Ago (9:19 AM).
                                          Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2017
                                            Posts: 45
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by lilbluedemon View Post


                                            It's mostly this tall grass.
                                            Compared to how big everything else is, it really stands out, and makes me feel strange looking at it.
                                            Oh, yeah we had trouble doing the right type of grass, but it the best me and partner could have done, sorry :pink_confused:
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #97    
                                            Old 1 Week Ago (12:47 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by AenaonDusky.
                                            AenaonDusky's Avatar
                                            AenaonDusky AenaonDusky is offline
                                            DeliveryBoy
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2017
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 64
                                              Alright guys this is some incredible work right here.
                                              It seems like you're aiming for the "authentic" type of experience! Here's some stuff that you might find interesting:

                                              Spoiler:

                                              - Pokemon design is absolutely top-notch. You're nailing down the "simple yet unique" aesthetic adopted by the official games perfectly.

                                              So, the first and second stages in the starter evolution line have been redesigned huh? I guess third stages will be changed as well... Please don't remove them from the game (especially Shartypus), include them in in some form or another (e.g. totally different Pokemon). They're too good to go to waste.

                                              - Watch out for the humanoid ones. It's difficult to make humanoid mons without them looking a bit off. Stick to as much animal reference as possible.

                                              - Animation is really nice - it's also apparent that you have a good eye for animating (as seen in the different ways Pokemon "twitch", move, etc), but watch out for some finer details (e.g. Usabbit's hands animation in relation to other parts of its body).

                                              -UI design in general is great and doesn't strain the eyes. The pixel density inconsistency might throw some people off, but seeing as it is a deliberate art-design choice there is no problem here.

                                              -You did a good job making the trainer-vs sprites seem as original as possible, even if you did work on top of the pre-existing sun/moon x/y artwork. They look really colorful and peppy!

                                              -Map design needs a bit of improvement in two areas: Individual sprite size and general map size.
                                              Since you've adopted the clean, pixel look, you have to watch out for the general size of the character in relation to the world. For instance these shelves/drawers look humongous in comparison to the character. The same can be said about the bushes, the trees and the machinery in the Professor's Lab. When the character is outside, the world seems very big in comparison with the character who looks minuscule (in case this is what you're aiming for, then it's ok). Now regarding map design in general, you should try making the maps a bit more "compact" (without filling them with stuff). Most 2D rpg games use the "chibi" style, which is a caricature style of sorts...So, distances between objects, area size etc need to follow this chibi pattern as well. It is better to give off the impression of a large map size without actually making everything spacious. (this is something that you pick up with time and practice, even gamefreak themselves have been guilty of "big/empty" mapping, especially in the first 2 gens, though back then they had to take hardware limitations into consideration as well).

                                              -Are you gonna include custom music in the game? For a music-centered region, that'd be the best choice, right?


                                              Good job so far, you guys have been working really hard on this. It has a really vibrant, refreshing air about it. It's almost similar to an official-looking game. Keep it up!

                                              Also: Barafoam is...so......good....
                                              __________________
                                              "Your hair so much reminds me,
                                              of pasta long-forgotten"
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #98    
                                              Old 1 Week Ago (4:26 PM).
                                              Smash27 Smash27 is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2017
                                                Posts: 45
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by AenaonDusky View Post
                                                Alright guys this is some incredible work right here.
                                                It seems like you're aiming for the "authentic" type of experience! Here's some stuff that you might find interesting:

                                                Spoiler:

                                                - Pokemon design is absolutely top-notch. You're nailing down the "simple yet unique" aesthetic adopted by the official games perfectly.

                                                So, the first and second stages in the starter evolution line have been redesigned huh? I guess third stages will be changed as well... Please don't remove them from the game (especially Shartypus), include them in in some form or another (e.g. totally different Pokemon). They're too good to go to waste.

                                                - Watch out for the humanoid ones. It's difficult to make humanoid mons without them looking a bit off. Stick to as much animal reference as possible.

                                                - Animation is really nice - it's also apparent that you have a good eye for animating (as seen in the different ways Pokemon "twitch", move, etc), but watch out for some finer details (e.g. Usabbit's hands animation in relation to other parts of its body).

                                                -UI design in general is great and doesn't strain the eyes. The pixel density inconsistency might throw some people off, but seeing as it is a deliberate art-design choice there is no problem here.

                                                -You did a good job making the trainer-vs sprites seem as original as possible, even if you did work on top of the pre-existing sun/moon x/y artwork. They look really colorful and peppy!

                                                -Map design needs a bit of improvement in two areas: Individual sprite size and general map size.
                                                Since you've adopted the clean, pixel look, you have to watch out for the general size of the character in relation to the world. For instance these shelves/drawers look humongous in comparison to the character. The same can be said about the bushes, the trees and the machinery in the Professor's Lab. When the character is outside, the world seems very big in comparison with the character who looks minuscule (in case this is what you're aiming for, then it's ok). Now regarding map design in general, you should try making the maps a bit more "compact" (without filling them with stuff). Most 2D rpg games use the "chibi" style, which is a caricature style of sorts...So, distances between objects, area size etc need to follow this chibi pattern as well. It is better to give off the impression of a large map size without actually making everything spacious. (this is something that you pick up with time and practice, even gamefreak themselves have been guilty of "big/empty" mapping, especially in the first 2 gens, though back then they had to take hardware limitations into consideration as well).

                                                -Are you gonna include custom music in the game? For a music-centered region, that'd be the best choice, right?


                                                Good job so far, you guys have been working really hard on this. It has a really vibrant, refreshing air about it. It's almost similar to an official-looking game. Keep it up!

                                                Also: Barafoam is...so......good....
                                                First of all, we thank you very much for the comment and for taking the time to write it. It made us happy to know you have enjoyed our game so far.

                                                - About the pokémon, we tried very hard to make them look like actual pokémon, that's way we redesigned a lot of them. We are going to take your suggestion about bringing our past pokémon back, like our original starters. Also, don't worry about the humanoid pokémon style, we are being careful in that sense.

                                                - About the UI, we have fixed most of them inconsistencies to make it easier on the eye.

                                                - About the map size, we have taken in account the real size of tiles and surroundings, using pokémon hgss & bw as a reference, and we have fixed the dimension of the overworld map.

                                                - About the original music, sadly we are just two people working on this game, and none of us is a composer T_T, so we are just modifying actual pokémon music.

                                                Again, we are so thankful for you recomendations :D
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #99    
                                                Old 4 Days Ago (3:55 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by pika1025.
                                                pika1025 pika1025 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Oct 2017
                                                  Posts: 16
                                                  would you want i will help with the game i known as maor80 in relic castle if you have hard time in makeing the game i understood you are just 2 people so it makeing sense if its hard to you if you will want help you can trust me i thought of 2 ways how your original starters can be in the game 1 we could pick 1 or 2 out of the 6 starters or 2 which would be batter we will be able to get 1 of the original starters later in the game by charther so it could get as gift pokemon like in pokemon x and pokemon y when we got to chooseing starters from kalos and later from kanto
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #100    
                                                  Old 4 Days Ago (5:23 AM).
                                                  PokebladeRED's Avatar
                                                  PokebladeRED PokebladeRED is online now
                                                  Trainer of Charizard since 1998
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Aug 2018
                                                    Location: France
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Timid
                                                    Posts: 20
                                                    I've just played the alpha and it sounds very good, i love the fire starter!

                                                    Just, please, don't change him in another Fire/Fighting type :) . The only problem i had is that i lost my battles against the two rivals, whatever the starter i chose !

                                                    Maybe i'm just unlucky but i found that strange ^^. I'll try on and if i win i'll tell you ^^!
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:03 AM.