• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts and other Square Enix Action RPGS!

Do anyone here like the Kingdom Hearts games? I grew up playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS2, and recently replayed and beat KH1, 2 and BBS on my PS4. I thought the gameplay was amazing, even if it was a bit annoying to basically replay the same game thrice in Birth By Sleep. I'm now in the middle of a play through of The World Ends With You, and you can clearly see the KH influences that went into the title. Difficulty actually mattering, being able to beat the whole game at level 1, secret super bosses hidden across the map, etc.

I was wondering if anyone else on this forum like these titles? Playing these games have inspired me to look into similar action RPGs by Square Enix like Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Type-0, FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance, and of course Kingdom Hearts 3 once that gets released!

So I was basically hoping to get some discussion on fun Japanese action RPG's, and hearing what your opinion is on these titles!

Last edited:
Years
    • Seen today
    I tried the first Kingdom Hearts, but couldn't get into it within the first couple hours.

I'll still try it again later on. I also have Dream Drop Distance, but didn't play much.

Years
  • I love this game and I love meeting the Disney characters. I have played the first and second game. I've never had a PS2 and instead, I borrowed a PS2 from my sister's ex boyfriend.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I had the 1.5 collection but I never finished any of them. Only played a bit of the first. It is something I do intend to get back into, but probably on a different console since I never really use my PS3 anymore lol

I love this game and I love meeting the Disney characters. I have played the first and second game. I've never had a PS2 and instead, I borrowed a PS2 from my sister's ex boyfriend.

Which of the games did you prefer? I actually think I preferred KH1 over 2, as the story was more straight forward, the combat felt better because I felt like I was more in control of Sora and the game had a lot of platforming. However, I might replay KH2 on Critical difficulty as apparently the combat gets a lot better on higher difficulty. It was definitely way too easy on normal

Years
  • Which of the games did you prefer? I actually think I preferred KH1 over 2, as the story was more straight forward, the combat felt better because I felt like I was more in control of Sora and the game had a lot of platforming. However, I might replay KH2 on Critical difficulty as apparently the combat gets a lot better on higher difficulty. It was definitely way too easy on normal

I love both. I played normal mode on the first game and the ending was hard. I played easy mode on the second game and it was easy. Second time I played the Kingdom Hearts 2, I played on normal mode and it was challenging.

Back