• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • from MM he made them for the members or this awesome club

but i need help ive picked out 4 pokemon for the banner for the site
    Gengar
    tentacruel(for Runa)
    Jirachi
    and
    hariyama
    just gimme like two more

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • I have a suggestion for the site, since it seems we all are already working on it, approved or not, how about just finishing what we got, posting it on a freewebs or something and then comparing to deside design eliments and content that is liked by the group for each and combine them for the final finished product? Just an idea since its obvious Hunter Master is already on it, and I am a little as well.

Years
  • That sounds pretty cool
    Im working on the layout now
    and maybe make a SHC forum
    and we dont need to use freewebs
    i will host it i get 1 hosting credits for each domain i buy
    so i can host it

Last edited:

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • Sounds good, I'll probably do an I-frame imagmap, that's my favorite (mostly cause I can't figure out flash for the life of me). So, the biggest issue for me to decide on right now is, like you said, color sheme along with visual design elements.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • They don't slow things down, they speed things up cause you don't have to load the whole page every time, just the section of the page that is changing... Well unless you get some idiot using frames and trying to make them work like an I-frame which, sadly, happens alot.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • yeah, a little quirky at first, but once you learn how to work them they are a real fun and easy way to make your site something special without insanely huge load times or coding blocks

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
    Years
  • Thanks for the help out there MM..also the ocean glitch sounds useful :D (do you mind if i take the idea for the gardevoirs (not claim as my own) so that can lvl pokemon v.fast...traded + lucky egg = wooooooot (about 20-30K exp. a shot :D)

Also as help to the new hopefully up and coming site i shall try and persuade mybrother to make a CG (not really movie like CG but very very good) ofone of the pokemon or two...how about the lati@s or a pokemon people dont see as popular to put a ,eswsage that even normal pokemon are liked beyond some of the legends...because all people want are ubers and true fans go with cute pokemon too :D so i shall try to persuade him..also i think ill have him do wynaut with the smile because then we can think of a cool slogan.....but this isn't a pormise that he will do it....because he isn't the most fond of pokemon but thats his opinion and everyone deserves one ;D . And it will take a few onths if he does I promise ill do my best to persuade him though..as we have a v.good relationship as brothers :). Also i would like to congratulate everyone on their new shinies *does the new shiny dance* (to make up for dances missed) also if we make a new forum i say we get all the posts from people who have gotten new shinies and post them in a special gallery. Maybe trophies could be made for people who get shinies. In fact even i would like to help out a bit by making an animated banner for them...... but im not the best bit when it comes to making things with graphics...theyre normally small...very smalll *lol* currently looking for some graphics tips to make sugiori art into sprit-ish game looks :D. I dont know where to stop typing really...keeping thinking of things to say, but im all out now....ill stop on one quote:

SHINYHUNTERSFOREVER

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • Congrats MM poliwag looks awsome,still if i ever find one i will evolve it into poliwrath,i like that in shiny more than politoed,anyway no luck,Still hunting for any random shiny,whilst hatching Hoothoot,Cyndaquil and Sudowoodo eggs. Good luck to all,and MM what are you hunting for next?

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • alrighty all, hows everyone... my teachers went on strike for the past week so i have been unable to update... i unfortunatly was unable to hunt as well... a alas... meh ima go back this afternoon... i will have a shiny electrike... or soemthign... later.

Years
  • yea im trying to hatch a sudowodo in my emerald(I found it YAY), with my shiny ditto traded from my Leaf Green
    and i would go with politoed, much more eye pleasing

Years
  • Okay, as a co-owner, I'd like to set down a couple rules for the website:
    1. NO IFRAMES! Those things are evil and make for hideously ugly and awkward pages. Anything useful you could do with an iframe you could also do with SSI.
    2. Standards compliance! This goes with making the page easy to maintain and to make sure it stays useful. Dreamweaver is a standards nightmare, insisting on creating hideous table-based layouts that don't so much as scale to the screen.

It looks like we've got a little competition brewing. I'll build my own layout, you can each make yours. We'll have to decide which one works (and looks) best in the end. We'll probably end up using a hybrid of all of our layouts, since we each seem to be good at different stuff.

As for CG Pokémon, I could probably do a Magnemite in POV-Ray with little difficulty, but I'm no good at organic shapes.

We'll need to organize on MSN. *signs in* Everyone interested in the web project add me.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • Well MMario, looks like I can't contribute. I use I-Frame imge maps and I know next to nothing on how to use SSI. I do beg to differ on your opinion about table based sites and Iframes, but your the boss so I guess I'll just scrap what I have since you banned how I do my work.

xPokerusx

3 shinys!
    Years
  • Im not that good with computers so im not gonna make myself look dumb, The only thing i would say is what would be the mascot. Im still after a shiny dratini.

Years
  • Angoisse said:
    Well MMario, looks like I can't contribute. I use I-Frame imge maps and I know next to nothing on how to use SSI. I do beg to differ on your opinion about table based sites and Iframes, but your the boss so I guess I'll just scrap what I have since you banned how I do my work.
    You can still show me what you've got, and I'll match the look in a standards compliant design.

Angoisse

Umbreon/Espeon Skitso
    Years
  • MetalMario said:
    You can still show me what you've got, and I'll match the look in a standards compliant design.
    Alright then, but speaking of SC and CSS where can I find resources to learn how to use them. You've sparked me into wanting to learn it.

Back