• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] applymovement freezes rom, copied XSE tutorial

Years
  • I will post my uncompiled script below,

The goal here is to check if the player picks up their backpack before they leave their house. Their 'backpack' contains their pokemon (eevee), pokedex (national), and running shoes. I have this script working and if I pick it up before I leave it lets me thru - so the 'checkflag' part of my applymovement script is working.

What happens is if I step on one of the tiles I linked to the script (3 tiles linked to the same script, is that allowed?) before I pickup the bag the rom just freezes. What I want to happen is have the player 'faceup' and 'step up' so they cannot leave the house without grabbing their bag of stuff.

The XSE tutorial mentions the freezing and a fix but that portion seems to be edited or unfinished? it says to change this... and then a blank line; to this.... and then another blank line :/

Spoiler:

Last edited:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hmmm, don't really see any problem with the script and to answer the question yes, you can use the same script for 3 map tiles.

Try this:
    On the script tiles type in 0300 (unknown) and 4050 (var number)

This script should be good to go

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF @move1
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @move1
    #raw 0x1
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0xFE

#org @1
    = Don't forget to grab \nyour stuff before you \lleave!

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Thank you! That worked perfectly.

So should I be setting any script tile to these unknowns and variables? Or just any applymovement scripts?

Personally. I do it for all my script tiles and so far so good. so yes :)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    I just ran into this same problem and the fact that this fix works is weird lol. Does anyone have any idea why?

Years
    • Seen today
    @mr_hub

Because you need to assign a variable that holds a certain value for a script event to trigger? Nothing weird about that.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    Yeah I guess not, more weird that I didn't see that answer in that same tutorial.

Back