• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google and Amazon at feud - YouTube app to be pulled from Amazon devices

Years
  • https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...98b062-da08-11e7-a241-0848315642d0_story.html

Here we go again - it's another case of retaliation between tech companies. Google will be pulling YouTube from Amazon devices. The reason being: Amazon refusing to sell Google products that are similar to products of their own, such as Google's Chromecast being similar to Amazon's Fire TV products.

So, thoughts? I get that many of y'all will think it's pretty immature as well, but how about the stance you would take? Is Google wrong for pulling their YouTube app from Amazon's products due to the fact that Amazon won't sell any of Google's products? I'd like to know what you guys think of this...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This is really stupid, lmfao. Tbh, both companies are in the wrong about this. I'll edit this later about why I say this as it is 12:40 here & i'm tired.

Years
  • I mean, it's not unreasonable from a business perspective. Google want more of their products sold, so they're applying pressure by doing something that will hurt Amazon's sales.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I agree with gimmepie, this just seems like a totally normal and reasonable business action. Despite that the two companies have worked together for as long as they have, it doesn't change the fact that they are two separate businesses competing in the same market. Honestly it is more amazing that they had such a solid business relationship for so long despite the fact that they sell so many similar products that compete against one another.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • To be frank, I don't think this was unexpected. If Amazon didn't let Google sell its products on their store, this is totally normal from a business perspective in my opinion, I don't want to say that I agree with it but it has to be said that Amazon has put itself up for it.

Back