• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] The most memorable challenges

Years
There were tons of challenges over the years. Some became popular and people play them to this day, some were only popular for a short amount of time.

So, what was/is the most memorable challenge for you?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Mansion challenge for Halloween. The unpredictable curses meant that you could only plan up to the next Gym Leader and some were just downright nasty like reducing team size(which when you're limited in what you can catch makes it that much harder).

Sorvete

Novice
Years
For me, it was a monotype challenge I did long ago in White, where I chose the flying type. I remember it because it was the first time I used some pokémon, like Unfezant and Emolga, and they were actually very useful throughout the journey and fun to use.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hell if i could find the thread now, but the christian challenge i did years ago. that was one of the hardest, but most fun and interesting challenges i have ever done. it's basically an NFE run with some added elements and you CAN limit yourself further if you really want. but holy shit i'll never forget soloing drake with my clamperl...ice beam, ice beam, ice beam...lol. and i barely beat tate and liza and oddly enough what won me that fight was my heracross. it was RIDICULOUS.

also the love in the clouds event i ran a few years ago is really memorable to me not so much for the challenge itself, but the response i got for it was really overwhelming and just. made me feel really happy? someone had PMed me that they really loved the challenge bc it was just very carefully put together and inclusive and they thanked me for making it and idk stuff like that warms my heart, aha.

i have a lot of memories in this forum so there are a lot of challenges that come to mind. :') necrum's FNAF one that year was really good, stadium arcadium was super fun to run and i had insane luck during that one and it made me consider new ways to create pokemon challenges, the time i did a wonderlocke and ended up with a lot of my favorites was pretty cool too, uhhhh and i'll always have a soft spot for the first challenge event i ever ran which was for st. patrick's day and it was essentially a VERY limited mono-color run but it was first and the starting point for many to come and it was just a good fun time!!!

ugh i'm emotional aha. thank you for this thread. <3

Years
My successful Platinum Nuzlocke was an emotional rollercoaster. LOTS of deaths, including several unexpected ones during grinding where I just wasn't cautious enough. I got a female Combee somehow, evolved it, but it died, which was pretty devastating. I also hunted for a level 40 Tentacruel for a long time, found it, but it died before it could even level up. Late game I got a Medicham and a Dusclops, but neither of them lived to see level 50. Those were just the deaths I remember from the top of my head, there were many more.

Nevertheless, I managed to get a pretty decent team for the League after all. Torterra survived through the entire game, Bronzong was an amazing tank, Quagsire was surprisingly solid (Swampert-lite) and Togekiss was another choice I wouldn't have made normally but turned out fantastic. With some light support by Raichu (who died against Lucian) and Rapidash (who survived), I managed to beat Cynthia :) Other than Raichu, only Togekiss died in the final battle.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Honestly the game that was the most creative random and fun playthrough for me was an Egglocke I did on Pokemon Insurgence. This was before the full game was out so it wasn't a full playthrough you could say. But from start to whenever it finished at the time was a blast. Every loss I had hurt, every victory felt worthy and worked towards. It was the first playthrough of what I consider my favorite pokemon fan game of all time.

Back