• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen O-Powers

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • O-Powers were the Pass Powers of Generation VI. In order to obtain these O-Powers, you obtain them from Mr. Bonding (or pieces of him in OR/AS). These O-Powers give temporary boosts in power when used. In order to upgrade O-Powers, you need to use them on other players through the PSS. In Generation VII, O-Powers are replaced w/the Robo Lotto Feature in US/UM, however.

Did you ever make use of O-Powers, if so, which one did you use most frequently? What did you think of O-Powers?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oh no i didn't lol i honestly didn't figure out wtf they were until i was like 500 hours into the game. nice right

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Gen 6 was when I did most of my breeding, so I used the hatching O-power a fuckload

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    O-Powers are far superior to the Rotom powers, because they're not random. Speeding up their recovery time based on the amount of steps logged in the 3DS was a nice little incentive to bring the 3DS around with you for Streetpass and maybe give yourself a little bit of "exercise." It made egg-hatching a breeze. It's a shame, as the hatching Rotom power is the one I've gotten the least over in gen 7 (randomness is not fun in this instance!). O-Powers were definitely an effective and intuitive improvement to the Pass Powers of gen 5. They're one of many things I wish had remained in gen 7 and really don't understand why they had to be downgraded.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I made a lot of use from them, haha. I also agree Rotom Powers were the inferior version given the lack of choice in earning them, and the need to wait for the 'minigame' to happen.

Back