• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I found a pretty nasty bug:

After you visit the 10th floor of the library in Latim City and go through the event, you can go to the route south of the city. From there, every time I go to battle my rival, the screen fades to black as it would normally, but it never opens up to the battle again.

The problem might be that I haven't beaten the local gym yet, so I'll see if you can get through it that way.
    Same here. Luckily I saved before that battle.I saved after the gym battle because Mike was a pain to beat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    i found another problem

it is at Veric Canyon, go down the first set of stairs on, felridge city side, when the girl is facing the other way go into narrow place when she turns around and sees you, she walks up to you, you get stuck, and can't get out without resetting the game or using the "walk through walls" code (which that code does not work with gpsp for the psp)

i hope that is enough description, as i can not post links yet.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • i found another problem

it is at Veric Canyon, go down the first set of stairs on, felridge city side, when the girl is facing the other way go into narrow place when she turns around and sees you, she walks up to you, you get stuck, and can't get out without resetting the game or using the "walk through walls" code (which that code does not work with gpsp for the psp)

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same problem. Here's a screenshot:
    Genesis%20Beta%20351.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    question. so i finished beta 3 and i was wondering if when beta 4 comes out, i can use my same battery save so that i dont have to start all the way over?

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Looks great Thrace, good job fixing the reflection, looks spectacular!!

21eeveevulpix

Master of the Eons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    okay thanks another thhing is that when I try to go into the second cave, I can't enter, is there some sort of problem here, or is that the end of the Beta?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I found a pretty nasty bug:

After you visit the 10th floor of the library in Latim City and go through the event, you can go to the route south of the city. From there, every time I go to battle my rival, the screen fades to black as it would normally, but it never opens up to the battle again.

The problem might be that I haven't beaten the local gym yet, so I'll see if you can get through it that way.
    You just have to wait a while. The battle will start eventually. Not sure why this is.

Do you know if beating Mike first fixes this? Otherwise, I think I'll be stuck for a while...
    I don't think it would. It seems like its something to do with the trainer data.

i found another problem

Thanks for that, she had a view radius of 5! I've fixed it now.

question. so i finished beta 3 and i was wondering if when beta 4 comes out, i can use my same battery save so that i dont have to start all the way over?
    Yeah you can.

Looks great Thrace, good job fixing the reflection, looks spectacular!!
    Woah! Dratii! Haven't seen you around in a while. Thanks.

okay thanks another thhing is that when I try to go into the second cave, I can't enter, is there some sort of problem here, or is that the end of the Beta?
    Not sure what you mean. Does the game freeze? Sometimes when you try to enter entrances it doesn't work. You have to walk straight into it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    I had a save file, when I closed it my save was gone, why did it bring me back to the beggining with 1 pokemon? Also.. Teleport is bugged, it takes you to Frost Hills, and you need to change the Pallet when you ride the Jet Ski or what ever it is when your in Mike's Gym it's Too Light. And another thing, The game freezes when your Rival uses that "u" move on bronzor in the 3 or 4th battle.

Other than that this is a really great hack, Keep up the work. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Originally I was having a problem in Temshore city, when you try to go from dock to dock, and your rival comes up. The first time, it froze before it transitioned to the battle sequence, luckily I saved it right before (phew), now, as I battle my rival, I beat all of his pokemon, until I get to Bronzor, then, when I'm done to two pokemon left and I'm using my Pigeotto, the attack Bronzor uses is "Bronzor used u(the 'u' has an accent [^] above it)" Following this attack (in which nothing happens, the game freezes. haha. It's really a time sucker.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Wow, that's the second glitch that someone beat me to. o.O

But yea, I had the same problem.

When Bronzor attacked, it sais it used û.
    So, it froze. -.-

21eeveevulpix

Master of the Eons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    as in I can't even enter it, I just seem to go up against a wall, that kind.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Alright I found out what you need to do..

First when you fight Bronzor make sure you use Natu, for some reason I did this 3 times and all he used was tackle, that should eleminate the problem.

But now I have a different problem, when I go to Polsine City or where ever Pof Oak and the dad is, the girl tell me to go into place and get oak to come out, how do I do it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Alright I found out what you need to do..

First when you fight Bronzor make sure you use Natu, for some reason I did this 3 times and all he used was tackle, that should eleminate the problem.

But now I have a different problem, when I go to Polsine City or where ever Pof Oak and the dad is, the girl tell me to go into place and get oak to come out, how do I do it?
    I beat it earlier today, without a problem, it seems you have to defeat the rival in a certain number of moves. My problem right now is in Palerose Town. I've beaten the gym leader (no easy feat ;)), and now nothing's happening. I can't leave the town to the east because there's an invisible wall, and also in the shrine-y thing, I can get through to the backyard, but I'm under the impression I should be able to go into that Well-like dealy but it won't let me.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I beat it earlier today, without a problem, it seems you have to defeat the rival in a certain number of moves. My problem right now is in Palerose Town. I've beaten the gym leader (no easy feat ;)), and now nothing's happening. I can't leave the town to the east because there's an invisible wall, and also in the shrine-y thing, I can get through to the backyard, but I'm under the impression I should be able to go into that Well-like dealy but it won't let me.

I think that's the end of the beta.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Thats where Im at now, it'll prolly be done once beta 4/ full version comes out

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    can anyone help me get past this battle with my rival right outside of the docks? the game goes black after that point.

Back