• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was the purpose of Spiky-eared Pichu?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    180px-Spiky-eared_Pichu_DP_1.png

I never got it when HGSS was still new. It couldn't evolve into Pikachu, and the only thing different from a regular Pichu was its spiky ear. Seems like another pointless one time form.

Did anyone else bother getting this Pichu?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Promotional material for HG/SS, I guess. Because nothing says "hype" like a pointless new form of an already existing Pokemon. It could have been worse - at least it wasn't Black/White Kyurem.

I think I got one, because Nintendo did Wifi events at the time, rather than handing out everything at selected shops for limited time periods like it was a preorder exclusive.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably an anime tie-in sort of I guess, since it appeared in one of the anime movies

Never got one, probably wasn't aware of it at the time and it's not something I'm into anyway. I don't think that you can transfer it outside of HG/SS anyway.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • ^^^^^
    THIS.
    Yup, I think I was able to receive one of these through trade with someone on here (can't recall who exactly).
    But just another Pokemon that was used as a promotional offer for HG/SS and Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Not entirely sure about that though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Didn't you have to get the Pikachu colored Pichu to get this spiky eared Pichu? Anyway, no, I never got this Pichu. I'm sure it was just a tie-in for the Arceus movie. This Pokemon is locked to HG/SS because it "traveled through time" or something. I think it's silly it can't evolve into a Pikachu, but meh, that's okay. At least she's cute.

But lbr: Ukulele Pichu > Spiky Eared Pichu.

Last edited:
    Back