• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Young singer shot to death by police

Years
  • Very sad news for the music world. After falling asleep in his car 20-year-old artist Willie Bo was approached by police, who said there was a gun near the sleeping man in the vehicle. The young rapper awoke to the shouts of the police squad and was shot and killed by the officers in fear of a sudden movement he made. You can read what we know so far below. A video has since come to light and is on youtube.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/popcul...illie-bo-fatally-shot-police-sleeping-in-car/

If you are familiar with this musician and his life and work feel free to discuss here or in entertainment and media.

This week's heartbreaking events are also significant to speak about for their potential social impact. I personally feel the police used unjustified force. This was a young man who had not committed a crime, and literally just woke up before they opened fire on him.

However, pokecommunity it is time for you guys to weigh in with what YOU think! Let's talk. Perhaps something constructive may come out of something deeply tragic.

Years
  • Very sad news for the music world. After falling asleep in his car 20-year-old artist Willie Bo was approached by police, who said there was a gun near the sleeping man in the vehicle. The young rapper awoke to the shouts of the police squad and was shot and killed by the officers in fear of a sudden movement he made. You can read what we know so far below. A video has since come to light and is on youtube.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/popcul...illie-bo-fatally-shot-police-sleeping-in-car/

If you are familiar with this musician and his life and work feel free to discuss here or in entertainment and media.

This week's heartbreaking events are also significant to speak about for their potential social impact. I personally feel the police used unjustified force. This was a young man who had not committed a crime, and literally just woke up before they opened fire on him.

However, pokecommunity it is time for you guys to weigh in with what YOU think! Let's talk. Perhaps something constructive may come out of something deeply tragic.

Sounds like exactly what it was, more unjustified force by American police against a black person.

Years
  • I am trying to piece together what happened, from The Hill article it looks like this is one possible timeline of events according to the police.

An employee finds Mr. McCoy slumped over in his car asleep, not knowing if he is alive or dead, he calls the police.
    The police arrive to find Mr. McCoy asleep in his car outside of a local Taco Bell.
    He has a handgun in his lap.
    The police begin to access the situation and try to wake him, finding him unresponsive.
    Mr. McCoy begins to suddenly wake up during all of this, dazed and half awake he finds himself surrounded by unknown men.
    The police tell him to put his hands in the air.
    Unsure of what is happening he reaches for his gun.
    Seeing as this is a dangerous movement, the police open fire, killing Mr. McCoy.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

That just seems to be from a rundown of the article of what at least the police are saying what happened, time will tell if there is body cam footage. However if that IS what happened, I cannot see how the death could be called unjustified force, as he made a move for a visible firearm he had.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Needs more information to determine one way or the other.

I hope there's body cam footage. It's interesting how they keep saying asleep rather than "passed out" in the drive through. Why was the gun sitting in his lap. Last thing you want to do is pull up to a drive through with a visible gun.

Part of depends on how quickly things happened.

Edit: I don't buy the racism angle. Any person with a gun in their lap and passed out/asleep in a drive through would get a similar response. The cop is thinking "is this guy ODing or drunk? Was he planning to rob the drive through? Is he breathing? Does he need medical attention? If he's on something, will he wake up violently? How do we get him out of the vehicle without him using the car as a weapon to escape or using the gun to attack us?"

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Why was the gun sitting in his lap. Last thing you want to do is pull up to a drive through with a visible gun.
    Yeah that was something I was wondering too, what he was doing with a gun in his lap.

The other thing I'm wondering though is why they felt the need to have 6 cops come to this. The two articles above make it sound like the police were not aware he had a gun until after they arrived, so I don't get why more than 2 would come for a call about some guy asleep/passed out/unresponsive in his car.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Yeah that was something I was wondering too, what he was doing with a gun in his lap.

The other thing I'm wondering though is why they felt the need to have 6 cops come to this. The two articles above make it sound like the police were not aware he had a gun until after they arrived, so I don't get why more than 2 would come for a call about some guy asleep/passed out/unresponsive in his car.

Initial articles are always bad. I bet the additional officers were called because they saw the gun.

Last edited:
    Back