• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Hey, just want to say im new to the community. Also, when i upload my sig why is it blury?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hey, just want to say im new to the community. Also, when i upload my sig why is it blury?

Blurry? o_o It shouldn't be.

Instead of uploading it onto PC, host it on TinyPic.com, and just paste the link into your signature with IMG tags.

Like:

There's no reason why it should show up blurry at all, that way.

If you're confused at all, then PM me and I can explain it better.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    hey drew if you don't mind me asking, it's a bit off topic, but how did you get the effect of like a sticker i guess on your sig? a cutout? i don't know. do you know what i mean?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • How do you make a deck and or just battle i wanna play.
    You may wanna check out the Pokémon Trading Card Game board. There are all kinds of resources for that over there, and I'm pretty sure you'll get a quicker reply. XD

Also, when i upload my sig why is it blury?

hey kapowpow. it's probably too large or too small. buuuut i'm probably wrong =)
    No, actually I do believe you're right, Bypasser. PC automatically resizes avatars if I remember correctly, which causes baaaaad distortion if you're not using a program like Photoshop. Try making the image exactly the avatar limit, and it should look okay.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    hey drew if you don't mind me asking, it's a bit off topic, but how did you get the effect of like a sticker i guess on your sig? a cutout? i don't know. do you know what i mean?

A sticker?

If it looks like someone has a sticker, or a cutout in their signature, then they probably made it from scratch on a program like Photoshop. ><; Those kinds of things are a bit tricky to pull off, I could help you more if I knew for certain what you meant.

If you find an example of what you're talking about, then link me to through a PM sometime. Depending on what it is, I might be able to even make something similar for you. xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    i mean on the girl on the boys back. you can tell it's over top the background. it's got the white edge around it like it'd look if you cut it out of a piece of paper with scissors. it's really neat, i was just curious how you did it =)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    i mean on the girl on the boys back. you can tell it's over top the background. it's got the white edge around it like it'd look if you cut it out of a piece of paper with scissors. it's really neat, i was just curious how you did it =)

Oh, that.

That picture originally had a white background, and all I did was use the selection tool in Photoshop, and crop them out of the picture in a sloppy sort of way, so it looked like they were cut out. ...If that makes sense. xD;

Also used the 'drop shadow' effect, to make it look like it was popping out.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
    Years
  • Hello people of the new members hangout!
    I've made a few posts in the simple/script helping forums over the past few weeks while working on my own rom hack, but now I've decided to join the general community, so here I am, introducing myself. My name is Doomsaloto, and uh, yeah, Pokemon's cool. If you want to ask me something or whatever, feel free to PM me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011

Oh, that.

That picture originally had a white background, and all I did was use the selection tool in Photoshop, and crop them out of the picture in a sloppy sort of way, so it looked like they were cut out. ...If that makes sense. xD;

Also used the 'drop shadow' effect, to make it look like it was popping out.

oh neat! what selector did you use cause i can't think of anything besides lasso that would give that effect... anyway great idea i love it =D

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Herrow.

I'm new to the site, not to the game. I'm bored so I signed up. I've been battling since netbattle but I really want to complete my nat dex in platinum.

HALP!!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Hello all! Um yeah, I'm like... brand new made my account 5 minutes ago, lol! I've been here a couple times before but really only read threads and stuff. Just decided to make an account now to make things easier and so i can reply to threads. This is like the first actual forum I've ever used and made an account, so any simple pointers? I think I got how to reply, and how to post an image once I'm allowed to, and that's pretty much it...

Raikara

Manga bakari parapara mekuri
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Hey Im new and I figured this would be my first post XD

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums.

Btw anyone around these forums know how to make something like this.

2iboxp3.jpg

I need another one made but a new design and pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Hey everyone, I'm new! Welcome to all the also new people!

And Noble, I can give my hand at making one for you. Which pokemon, what words, and what kinda style are you looking for with it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    hello everyone my name is Guider and i was wonderng where the advertising section was?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    And Noble, I can give my hand at making one for you. Which pokemon, what words, and what kinda style are you looking for with it?

Noble, and Shadowed, it's probably best if you finish off that convo through VM's or PM's, since in this thread if it keeps going, it'll be spam. xD; Juuust because this is for newbie posts, and not a chat thread.

Also, certain shop threads in the graphics area here make those bars, if either of you wanna check 'em out sometime. :D

hello everyone my name is Guider and i was wonderng where the advertising section was?

We have no advertising area here. D:

If you wanna advertise your site, the best place to do is through a link in your signature.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back