• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon shinies (and why I don't like them)

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
Years
  • let me set the stage A few weeks ago I came up with the random though: hey! what if I find a shiny purrloin I mean it can't be that hard
    right? I then Set my Ds on fire 2 weeks later .If your new to pokemon and don't know what shinys are ...Where have you been?
    Shiny are poke'mon that randomly appear after several dozen attempts I seriously can't believe that people Spend HOURS looking for shiny trash bags (seriously People shiny hunt trubish!) I'm pretty sure some of you have even killed shiny pokemon before.After Over 4000 attempts I finally gave up and decided to actually play the rest of the game.

I then Find a shiny amoonguss on my first accounter.All my work to find a shiny purrloin and the games like: "hey I know you want this pokemon But ehh well give you a pokemon that you didn't want to mock you" So you could probably imagine why I don't like shinies now.
    I decided to write here and tell you guys what I think about The shinies.
    have you had any attempts that went like this? Do you think Ill ever find a shiny purrloin?
    idk I was asking you

wait isn't this supposed to be about gen 2 ?

Years
  • seems like you've gotten seriously unlucky while shiny hunting previously. if possible, i'd get the shiny charm. it's not mandatory by any means but it would certainly make your life a lot easier. secondly, have you tried the masuda method? it's generally known to be the most reliable way of shiny hunting (outside of wormhole shiny hunting in USUM). might be something to consider. if this is for an older game though you might be out of luck here, so i can understand your frustration.

honestly shiny pokemon are just nice to have but don't stress yourself out over them. it's not worth it if you feel like you're being this affected by something that pretty much just boils down to constant dice rolls.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Finally someone other than me that think shiny pokemon are overrated, seriusly many hackers includes an easy way to have a shiny (Like Pokemon red DX's shiny ball) or the higher shiny counter rate in pokemon polished crystal

I think i just go the way of this female Sylveon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzlnO2_8AJ4 and stop hunting shinies, but seriusly making fun of people who think running away from shinies or them making them faint is stupid IMHO

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not into shiny Pokemon myself. They don't change anything other than the Pokemon's color, really. If anything, I hunt for Pokemon with desirable natures and abilities.

Back