• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Quest - Opinions?

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    So I downloaded Pokémon Quest on my Switch the other day and I've been playing it intermittently in downtime since then and since I've seen almost no discussion about it I thought I'd ask - What do people think of it?

Personally, it seems pretty fun and as Nintendo's "free-to-start" games go is definitely one of the better ones. I've probably played a couple hours worth now and haven't felt the need to pay at all - that said I've not had long sessions of play, so my energy has yet to deplete fully. Still, I definitely think games like this are suited very nicely to the Switch. Mine sits on my desk at all times and it's very easy for me to grab it and play a couple expeditions before putting it down.

But I'm definitely interested - whether you've played it or not, what do you guys think about it?

Years
  • It came out on iOS today I think, so I downloaded it.

First half hour or so of gameplay is pretty good. Rattata didn't know an attacking move so I switched him for Vulpix. I like how you collect them by cooking stuff.

I doubt I'll pay real money on this, but probably going to play it quite a bit.

Years
  • I'm honestly having fun so far. It's nice to have auto play so I don't need to focus on dungeons I feel are too easy power level-wise, and I enjoy the collecting aspect. Just unlocked Hitmonlee! Since it's a f2p game I'm expecting it'll get pretty darn reliant on IAP later but eh....will have fun playing for now.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So far I enjoyed it on my Switch, even though I was having issues with occasionally loud SFX on TV (which is somehow fixed by fiddling with Intelligent Volume settings). I managed to almost beat it without spending any single money so far, and I like the fact that I can play it on Auto mode.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just downloaded this over the last 24 hours. I'm loving it! I know I'm laaattteee to the party but it looked really simple and silly. Turns out I love simple & silly!!

I'm honestly having fun so far. It's nice to have auto play so I don't need to focus on dungeons I feel are too easy power level-wise, and I enjoy the collecting aspect. Just unlocked Hitmonlee! Since it's a f2p game I'm expecting it'll get pretty darn reliant on IAP later but eh....will have fun playing for now.
    Yesss, I love auto play! :) Makes life so much easier.
    So I downloaded Pokémon Quest on my Switch the other day and I've been playing it intermittently in downtime since then and since I've seen almost no discussion about it I thought I'd ask - What do people think of it?

Personally, it seems pretty fun and as Nintendo's "free-to-start" games go is definitely one of the better ones. I've probably played a couple hours worth now and haven't felt the need to pay at all - that said I've not had long sessions of play, so my energy has yet to deplete fully. Still, I definitely think games like this are suited very nicely to the Switch. Mine sits on my desk at all times and it's very easy for me to grab it and play a couple expeditions before putting it down.

But I'm definitely interested - whether you've played it or not, what do you guys think about it?
    I love it! It has a real Mystery Dungeon / Pokemon Conquest / Pokemon Rumble feel to it & I looove those types of games! I HATE the grinding tho. Much worse than in the other games and I hate that I have a little less control over my characters but alas.
    It came out on iOS today I think, so I downloaded it.

First half hour or so of gameplay is pretty good. Rattata didn't know an attacking move so I switched him for Vulpix. I like how you collect them by cooking stuff.

I doubt I'll pay real money on this, but probably going to play it quite a bit.

Cooking is cool! I just wish... cooking was just... timed instead of completed via exploring. It takes so bloody long!

Back