• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Ultra Wormhole

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • In Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, travelling through the Ultra Wormhole allowed players to find Pokémon outside the Alola Dex, Ultra Beasts, and Legendary Pokémon. Also, the shiny rate for "regular Pokémon" was increased considerably. You could also change the controls for travelling through the Ultra Wormhole by talking to the Aeither Employee in the Game Freak building in Heahea City.

How often did you travel through the Ultra Wormhole, and how many shinies and legendaries did you catch? Discuss the Ultra Wormhole here.

I used to go through the Ultra Wormhole pretty often. I've found various shinies before, not sure on the exact number though. I managed to catch most of the legendaries, but I have yet to catch some of the rarer ones like Giratina and Rayquaza, which require certain Pokémon in your party in order to find.

Years
  • honestly, as super cool as traveling through the ultra wormhole is, by the time that became more of an option to do for me in ultra moon, i already became burnt out by the games. ;__; i think someday when i get my motivation back i want to try shiny hunting with the ultra wormhole and seeing what i get, although to be honest the increased shiny rate (from what i hear) not applying to legendaries is kind of a bummer.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Oh, I loved this minigame! I thought it was fun trying to see how many light years I'd end up travelling. I have gotten quite a few shinies from this method of hunting, and I'm not even a shiny hunter. Gotten a lot of the legendaries, too. I also caught a bunch of the Ultra Beasts, but I still have never ran into Guzzlord. Ah well!

I would do Ultra Warp Ride whenever I were to turn on my copy of Ultra Moon, but nowadays I don't touch generation 7. Maybe I'll poke it again sometime.

Years
  • It's usually a chore to do that minigame during my regular run, where I just restart the game after beating Champion. Especially because of the controls. I think you have to try it once before you're allowed to

But when I was hunting shiny Pheromosa, it was kinda fun. I still plan on hunting more shinies there.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think I did it like once :| it was cool story-wise but by the time it became a thing I was already kinda over all the ultra space stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    I have a question about Ultra Warp Ride. I've heard that, after 4500 or 5000 ly, the minigame becomes easier because you don't encounter any more "electric balls", the ones that make you slow down. Is this (or something similar) true?

Thanks!

Back