• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR] Changing the BAG and it's background

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
  • Credits needed, please. Also, credits to Nisarg, since he made the B/W bag style.

Hi guys!
    In this little tutorial I will show you how to change your bag in Fire Red, so it looks like this:
    S5Wd8RO.png

When you select an item is also changes the t-box background
    96j77dr.png

Advice: my English is kinda bad, so if you don't understand something please let me know and I will try to make it clear.

Alright, let's start with the tutorial.

First of all your need to download a .zip file with all the files needed. Filenames and credits in the .txt are in spanish, sorry!
    Link to files: MEGA or Mediafire

Once we have that file downloaded and extracted, we will open our rom with NLZ-GBA, so we can insert the files.

In the e830cc offset, we will insert fondo_mochila.png, remember that you need yo repoint and write the files to a new offset, since the graphic is bigger than the original one. Same applies to the next two files we need to insert with NLZ-GBA, so please take that in mind!

In the offset e832c0, we will load the raw, called raw_mochila.raw
    And finally, in the offset e8362c we will import the file mochila.png

Once that's done, we will close NLZ-GBA and we will open our ROM with APE.
    We will go to two offsets to replace the original palettes with ours, but remember to tick Compressed Palette (LZ77) before loading them!

In the offset e84560 we will load our paletas_mochila.act and replace it
    In the offset e835b4 we will load our paletas_fondo_mochila.act and replace it.

It's almost done!
    Now we will close APE and open our ROM with and HEX Editor, since we have to fix and change those t-box palletes.
    Just replace the following bytes with whatever your rom has in this offsets:

E835EE: 88 06 62
    E835EC: 10 67
    E835F9: BD 00 02
    E835FC: A2 4A
    E835FE: 21 3E 81 2D

And that's all! Remember to give credits to Jaizu and Nisarg!

Fixing female bag (Thanks PSI Master!)
    For the female bag to match:
    in unLZ replace offset 0xE83DBC with mochila.png as well.
    It will retain the same palette as the one for the male bag.

Then, to fix the palette issue, in APE go to 0xE83604 and load paletas_fondo_mochila.act, replace and save.

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • While perfectly implemented for male players, it seems that female players's bags look corrupted with crazy red, orange and black palettes. Is there a fix for this?

ISSUE FIXED

For the female bag to match:
    in unLZ replace offset 0xE83DBC with mochila.png as well.
    It will retain the same palette as the one for the male bag.

Then, to fix the palette issue, in APE go to 0xE83604 and load paletas_fondo_mochila.act, replace and save.

Now male and female bags should look the exact same. If you wish to use a different color for female bags, just edit the palette at 0xE83604 accordingly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    tried it on clean rom buddy still getting problem as i said above dont know what im doing wrong :/ wish there was patch for it would of love this on my rom btw this is what happens
    XvkhipR.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • tried it on clean rom buddy still getting problem as i said above dont know what im doing wrong :/ wish there was patch for it would of love this on my rom btw this is what happens
    XvkhipR.png

There are 2 versions of the ROM, version 1.0 and version 1.1. I think the problem might be related to this.

Last edited:
    Back