• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Charizard X or Y

SmartypantsGamingYT

Still A Kakuna
Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2018
    Just thought I should know other opinions on this subject.I am definitely inclined to X, as Mega Zard X has the Dragon type, eliminating the quad weakness to rock, and removing the weakness to water type.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    They're both good shit really, and it's hard to go wrong with either one

Years
  • I prefer Y in-game, I just like the way it functions competitively more and it feels like a more natural transition since it's specially oriented. However, design wise I think X looks better.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I liked X more originally but it's pure fanservice, Charizard turns black blue and gains blue flames and a part dragon typing to replace its flying type? Now I'm leaning towards Y more for its natural look and useful drought ability.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I prefer Y, he was the reason I picked Pokemon Y over X, I needed that Charizardite Y!

I like that X is part Dragon, he has the better typing I admit, I also like that he is built to set up and sweep with Dragon Dance, and is a little more tanky and Tough Claws is a pretty good ability of its own. However, Y's stat distribution impressed me more with that stratospheric special attack. Its a more natural transition for Charizard to make as others have pointed out, and I think it puts him overall in a better offensive position- Intimidate doesn't affect him, he is not open to damage by making contact and doesn't take recoil damage from a flare blitz.

Likewise I always thought Y's design fits better. I can see why people would like the X design more, cool, very dramatic color scheme and it will also remind some players of Alain, but I think the Y mega looks more realistic as another form of Charizard and I personally always found it a more sleek design. Y also has a good shiny, X is only looks good in normal form.

Really what I love about Y though is that he can help the team more. Drought is such an amazing ability, I love carrying my own sun, speeding up other Pokemon with chlorophyll, countering my foe's weather. He also has great coverage with broken solar beam in sun.

Last edited:
    Back