• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Time to drift through Renegade Platinum

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Pokémon Renegade Platinum
    Hardcore Nuzlocke
    Introduction
    Pokémon Renegade Platinum, an enhanced version of the original Pokémon Platinum. Harder trainers, stronger teams, random unexpected battles against powerful trainers throughout your journey. Why not make it a bit harder and do a nuzlocke. But wait, let's make it even harder by playing with the hardcore nuzlocke rules. I'll probably regret this, lets see how many attempts this takes!

Rules
    The general rules I play with are:
    • I can only catch the 1st Pokémon in each new area
    • Every Pokémon must be nicknamed
    • When Pokémon faints, it must be permanently put in a box
    • Dupes clause and shiny clause
    • Black out is game over
    • The Nuzlocke starts when I get PokéBalls
    • Legendaries are not allowed
    • Garchomp clause
    The hardcore rules are:
    • Battle style is on Set
    • No items in battle, held items are ok
    • No leveling over the next Gym Leader's highest leveled Pokémon (level 16 for Roark, level 26 for Gardenia, etc.) - if a team member becomes overleveled, they can not be used for that battle.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Twinleaf Town
    - I meet our rival Barry who wants to find the professor and obtain a Pokémon, and he threatens us with a hefty fine of 10 million PokéDollars if I'm late meeting him
    - Our mom gives us the Running Shoes and Bicycle
    - Heading over to Barry's house he bumps into us and then bolts back inside because he forgot his bag and his journal. Oh his father Palmer is home too!
    - I head upstairs and he grabs his items and bolts out the door screaming something about fining us 10 million PokéDollars once again if I'm late meeting him on Route 201

Route 201
    - I have to make it past this patch of grass to get to the Professor's Lab.
    - Barry thinks running super fast through the tall grass will make us not run into Pokémon (sooooo who's gonna tell him?)
    - He attempts to bolt into the grass but is stopped by a very stern "Hold IT!" by the Professor
    - The Professor questions our love for Pokémon not once, but twice
    - Lucas bring the Professor his briefcase that he left at the lake
    - I have a choice of three Pokémon from the briefcase, Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup
    - I grab Piplup and Barry grabs Chimchar
    - Professor Rowan and Lucas head back to the Lab in Sandgem Town
    - Barry challenges me to a battle and I come out on top as the victor
    - After our battle I head back home to heal and then head out to Sandgem Town to meet the Professor

Route 201
    - Barry gets the bright idea of trying to capture the legendary Pokémon at the lake
    - I arrive at Verity Lakefront

Lake Verity
    - As we enter, there's a weird guy named Cyrus who's talking to himself about time and space and how it'll be his one day, sounds kinda sus if you ask me
    - I hear the legendary Pokémon of the lake and then Barry realizes we don't have any P-O-K-accent-E Balls
    - He then attempts to race me to the Professor's Lab to see if he has any he's willing to give to us, time to head to Sandgem Town I guess

Sandgem Town
    - As I enter the town Lucas is waiting for me, he leads me to the Professor who would like to talk with me
    - Of course as I enter Barry just has to bump into us.... and then he bolts off once again
    - As I talk with the Professor he gives us the opportunity to name our Piplup which I name him Poseidon
    - The Professor asks me to go on journey through Sinnoh to fill up pages in the PokéDex, then he gives us our very own PokéDex! It even has National Mode already activated so I'll for sure encounter some interesting Pokémon on this adventure
    - As I exit, the Professor gives us another gift, the Poké Radar, as well as some Repels
    - Lucas gives us a tour of the town explaining things that I've known before he was even programmed
    - Lucas reminds me that I should tell our mother that I'll going on an adventure around Sinnoh

Twinleaf Town
    - I arrive at home and our mom heals our party
    - She gives us a Journal as well as the Eevee she's been looking after
    - Barry's mom comes in looking for her son and she asks us to deliver a Parcel to him when I see him next
    - I pick up the Eevee and name him Kindle (I bet you see where this is headed)

The Squad

piplup.png

Poseidon, Naive (+Spe, -SpD), Male Piplup
    Lv. 6, Vital Spirit
    - Pound
    - Growl
    - Bubble

eevee.png

Kindle, Sassy (+SpD, -Spe), Male Eevee
    Lv. 5, Adaptability
    - Tackle
    - Tail Whip
    - Bite
    - Covet

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Twinleaf Town
    - I head toward Route 201 so I can go back to Sandgem Town, which leads to Route 202

Route 201
    - Not much to do here since I don't have any PokéBalls as of yet, I'll backtrack for sure
    - I do a bit of grinding and get everyone to level 9

Sandgem Town
    - Not much to do here, though there is something in the Lab I can do
    - In the corner of the Lab, there's the Professor's briefcase, interacting with it gives us the other two Sinnoh Starters
    - Obtained Turt, the Turtwig, and Zuko the Chimchar these will serve as backups incase something happens or I get bad encounters

Route 202
    - I am challenged by Pokémon Trainer Lucas who gives us a whopping 0 PokéDollars for winning
    - Lucas gives us 30 PokéBalls (THE NUZLOCKE HAS STARTED)

Route 201
    - Backtracked to get this route's encounter which is a Nidoran♀, named Bonnie

Lake Verity
    - Backtracked to get this route's encounter which is a Azurill, named Mary

Route 202
    - Captured Sentret named Pixel

Sandgem Town
    - Added Turt the Turtwig to the team and leveled him up to level 9 on Route 201

Route 202
    - I make our way along this route facing 3 trainers along the way
    - I finally make it to the entrance to Jubilife City

Jubilife City
    - Lucas meets us at the entrance and he takes us to the Trainers' School
    - There's a weird guy hiding behind a lamp post named Looker
    - Looker gives us the Vs. Recorder
    - I head on over to the Trainers' School where I find Barry to deliver the Parcel which contained Town Maps, though there were 2 of them so he gave us one
    - There was a Scope Lens on the ground so I picked it up
    - A lady inside the Trainers' School gives us an egg, wonder what's inside....
    - I decide to challenge School Kid Harrison and School Kid Christine, after winning we get TM 10 which contains Hidden Power
    - I'm stopped by a guy who gives us a stylish Pokétch with every app installed!
    - Budew hatched from the egg, which I named Ivy
    - While exploring the city, I get a Quick Claw, and a Potion
    - While inside the Pokémon Center I answer a few questions, and win a battle and our prizes are Bulbasaur named Thickums, Charmander named Amber, and Squirtle named Raphael

Route 204
    - Bellspout named Nephentes is our encounter here
    - While traveling through the grass to head to the next location, I found a Shiny Caterpie which I named Monarch
    - I fight the rest of the trainers here

Ravaged Path
    - Our encounter here is a Makuhita which I named Ali which I add to the team
    - On the ground I picked up an Expert Belt and TM39 which contained Rock Tomb

Route 203
    - Our battle with Barry was super intense and I came out with a lost team member, Turt the Turtwig got out sped on a speed tie against Barry's Turtwig. He had 6 Curses up as well so no one else would have been able to take a hit..... :(
    - Added Nephentes the Bellspout to the team

The Squad
    piplup.png

Poseidon, Naive (+Spe, -SpD), Male Piplup
    Lv. 12, Vital Spirit
    - Bubble
    - Peck
    - Pound
    - Growl

eevee.png

Kindle, Sassy (+SpD, -Spe), Male Eevee
    Lv. 12, Adaptability
    - Sand Attack
    - Covet
    - Bite
    - Quick Attack

makuhita.png

Ali, Lax (+Def, -SpD), Male Makuhita
    Lv. 11, Guts
    - Fake Out
    - Force Palm
    - Focus Energy
    - Tackle

bellsprout.png

Nephentes, Naughty (+Atk, -SpD), Male Bellspout
    Lv. 6, Chlorophyll
    - Growth
    - Vine Whip
    - Acid

RIP
    turtwig.png

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Route 203
    - Our encounter on this route was a Starly, unfortunately Bellspout one shot it with a critical hit Acid
    - Ali the Makuhita got one shot by a critical hit from a trainer's Machop >_>

Oreburgh Gate
    - Our encounter here was Donatella the Zubat
    - There are also a few trainers I took down here as well
    - We travel to the bottom floor and pick up TM31 which contains Brick Break

Oreburgh City
    - As I enter the city, some nice person gives us an Oval Stone and leads us towards the Gym where Barry is waiting outside
    - The Gym Leader doesn't seem to be there, he's down in the mines, so lets go find him
    - While exploring the city, I stumble upon Steven Stone's home, he gives us a gift Pokémon Beldum, which I name Melvin
    - I add Melvin the Beldum to the team
    - I explore the city and talk to everyone as I tend to do when playing, since you never know if someone might give you an useful item

Oreburgh Mine
    - We find Roark and he gives us an elemental stone of our choice, we take the Fire Stone
    - Melvin gets hit with a Counter from Riolu in a trainer battle which takes him out :(
    - Aron is our encounter here, which I name Zarya
    - I add Aron to the team

Route 207
    - Our encounter is a Machop which I name Atlas
    - I add Atlas to the team
    - We train everyone up to level 16 while I'm on this route to prepare for Roark
    - While training, Poseidon evolved into Prinplup

Oreburgh Gym
    - We didn't need to fight any trainers here since I didn't want to overlevel anyone
    - Nephentes took out his Nosepass with a critical Razor Leaf after putting it to sleep
    - Nephentes took out his Geodude with a Razor Leaf
    - Zarya took out his Cranidos with a little bit of set up from Harden and landing Metal Claw twice
    - Poseidon took out his Onix with Bubble
    - Poseidon took out his Larvitar with Bubble
    - Nephentes took on his Bonsly who tried to set up Rollout, but Sleep Powder took care of that and hit two hit with Razor Leaf
    - This whole fight gave me anxiety lmao

The Squad
    prinplup.png

Poseidon @ Mystic Water, Naive (+Spe, -SpD), Male Piplup
    Lv. 17, Vital Spirit
    - Bubble
    - Peck
    - Metal Claw
    - Growl

flareon.png

Kindle @ Charcoal, Sassy (+SpD, -Spe), Male Flareon
    Lv. 16, Flash Fire
    - Fire Fang
    - Bite
    - Covet
    - Quick Attack

bellsprout.png

Nephentes @ Miracle Seed, Naughty (+Atk, -SpD), Male Bellspout
    Lv. 18, Chlorophyll
    - Stun Spore
    - Razor Leaf
    - Acid
    - Sleep Powder

zubat.png

Donatella @ Muscle Band, Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), Female Zubat
    Lv. 16, Inner Focus
    - Confuse Ray
    - Poison Fang
    - Bite
    - Wing Attack

machop.png

Atlas @ Scope Lens, Serious (Neutral), Male Machop
    Lv. 16, No Guard
    - Brick Break
    - Karate Chop
    - Focus Energy
    - Leer

aron.png

Zarya @ Quick Claw, Quiet (+SpA, -Spe), Female Aron
    Lv. 16, Rock Head
    - Headbutt
    - Rock Tomb
    - Harden
    - Metal Claw

RIP
    turtwig.png
    makuhita.png
    beldum.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Oreburgh City
    - I'm finished here so we'll now backtrack to Jubilife City and go north from there

Jubilife City
    - As we get back to the city, I'm stopped by Looker who tells me that I should grab the Pal Pad (let's defy adult directions by not getting it!!!!!)
    - We do a little bit of shopping before heading north
    - When we arrive to the exit of the city, Lucas and the Professor are being harassed by Team Galactic
    - After the Professor roasting them on their outfits he tells us to give these thugs a lesson with Lucas

Route 204
    - We head north through Ravaged Path
    - There are a few trainers here, I also pick up TM78 which contains Captivate as well as TM09 which containes Bullet Seed
    - We make it to Floaroma Town

Floaroma Town
    - There's not much to do here so I head east towards Valley Windworks

Route 205
    - As we keep going, I'm stopped by this little girl who says some strange people in space suits are keeping her father hostage to force him to do work at Valley Windworks
    - Since we got the Old Rod a little while ago, I decide to use it for my encounter on this route
    - My encoutner was a Magikarp, however, Nephentes killed it with a critical Acid... moving on...

Valley Windworks
    - Yet another new area, another encounter
    - My encounter is a female Elekid which I name Electra
    - I picked up TM34 which contained Shock Wave and a Magnet
    - We take out the grunt that is blocking the door and since we embarrassed him, he locks himself inside

Floaroma Meadow
    - Here are two Galactic Grunts trying to hassale a man for his honey
    - After beating them, they drop the Works Key which is what I was looking for
    - My encounter here is an Exeggcute which I name Linda

Route 205
    - We train everyone to level 20-21 before taking on Mars
    - While training, Nephentes evolved into Weepinbell

Valley Windworks
    - We make quick work of the grunts who stand in our way
    - Commander Mars leads with Zubat, I made quick work of it with Zarya's Rock Slide
    - Commander Mars sends in Yanma next, who tries to stall a bit with Detect and Speed Boost, but I manage to take it out with Zarya's Rock Slide
    - Next Commander Mars sends in Bronzor, I make a swap to Kindle for a super effective Fire Fang
    - Lastly, Commander Mars sends in Purugly (I get Miltank flashbacks ok), I try to use Covet to take it's Sitrus Berry but got hit with Hypnosis
    - I swap into Zarya and use Harden a few times to ensure it won't hit very hard, we get put to sleep by Hypnosis and manage to wake up and hit a Rock Slide which makes it flinch
    - One last Rock Slide takes out the fat cat!

The Squad
    prinplup.png

Lv. 21, Vital Spirit
    - Bubble Beam
    - Peck
    - Metal Claw
    - Growl

flareon.png

Lv. 21, Flash Fire
    - Fire Fang
    - Bite
    - Covet
    - Quick Attack

weepinbell.png

Nephentes @ Miracle Seed, Naughty (+Atk, -SpD), Male Weepinbell
    Lv. 21, Chlorophyll
    - Sleep Powder
    - Razor Leaf
    - Acid
    - Stun Spore

zubat.png

Donatella @ Muscle Band, Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), Female Zubat
    Lv. 20, Inner Focus
    - Confuse Ray
    - Poison Fang
    - Bite
    - Wing Attack

machop.png

Atlas @ Scope Lens, Serious (Neutral), Male Machop
    Lv. 21, No Guard
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Tomb
    - Knock Off
    - Focus Energy

aron.png

Zarya @ Quick Claw, Quiet (+SpA, -Spe), Female Aron
    Lv. 22, Rock Head
    - Rock Slide
    - Headbutt
    - Harden
    - Metal Claw

RIP
    turtwig.png
    makuhita.png
    beldum.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Floaroma Town
    - Now that I'm finished here, we can head east and then north toward Eterna Forest

Route 205
    - I pick up TM08 which contains Bulk Up, this could be useful in the future for sure
    - There are a few trainers on this route we have to face while continuing north
    - I manage to make it to the house that heals before we enter Eterna Forest

Eterna Forest
    - As I enter, Cheryl is waiting and needs someone to help her through the forest, to test our strength, she wants to battle
    - Donatella got critted by a Shock Wave from her Drifloon and fainted :(
    - We manage to finish the battle without losing any more team members
    - I actually use Repels while going through the forest since I don't want to deal with the double battles while traveling with Cheryl, I'll come back after we get through
    - After getting through the forest Cheryl gives us TM27 which contains Return
    - My encounter in the forest is Slakoth which I name Sid
    - I pick up TM65 which contains Shadow Claw outside the Old Chateau

Old Chateau
    - We don't explore this for the time being
    - My encounter here is a Gastly which I name Cheshire

Eterna City
    - I lay Donatella to rest inside the PC
    - I pick up the Explorer Kit as well as one of each fossil
    - I run into Barry who takes me to the statue where we find Cyrus once again
    - Cynthia shows up and gives me HM01 which contains Cut
    - We find out that the Gym Leader is on Route 216, so we have to go find her so she can come back to the Gym

Route 211
    - My encounter for this route is Swablu which I name Azure
    - Added Azure the Swablu to the team

Mt. Coronet
    - My encounter here is a Geodude which I name Toph

Route 216
    - Nephentes got hit by a critical Air Cutter and fainted :(
    - Zarya got hit by a random Reversal from a Swellow and fainted :(
    - My encounter on this route is a Snover which I name Evergreen

Eterna City
    - Added Linda to the team
    - I backtrack to Oreburg City to revive the Shield Fossil which is a Shieldon. I name him Jericho
    - Added Jericho to the team
    - Backtracked to Valley Windworks to train Linda, while training I found a shiny Elekid. Then I return to Eterna City to train against higher level Pokémon
    - Got the entire team to level 25
    - Azure got hit by a critical Sludge and fainted :(
    - Gardenia leads off with Bellossom, we lead with Kindle, Bellossom survives a Flame Wheel with it's Focus Sash, however, a Quick Attack and Flame Wheel take it out
    - Next up is her Tangela which goes down to red health with Flame Wheel, and Quick Attack takes it out after, she hits us with a Stun Spore though
    - Next is her Grotle, we swap into Linda who walls it pretty hard, just until we get it low enough to swap back into Kindle for the kill with Flame Wheel
    - She sends out Cherrim next (sorry Erika but it has to be done). She uses Sunny Day, then proceeds to use Weather Ball which triggers my Flash Fire, so we're in business now!
    - Next is her ace Roserade, Sun boosted, 1.5x boost from Flash Fire, and Charcoal??? Yeah see ya!
    - Last is Breloom, we take a Technician boosted Mach Punch and one shot it with Flame Wheel
    - Yes Kindle is the crutch of the team lmao
    - For winning she gives us TM86 which contains Grass Knot
    - Added Electra to the team
    - Before saving and taking a rest for the day, we get everyone to level 28 for our next boss battle which is always a possible locke ender
    - While training, Atlas evolved into Machoke

The Squad
    prinplup.png

Lv. 28, Vital Spirit
    - Scald
    - Icy Wind
    - Peck
    - Growl

flareon.png

Lv. 28, Flash Fire
    - Play Rough
    - Fire Wheel
    - Bite
    - Quick Attack

machoke.png

Atlas @ Scope Lens, Serious (Neutral), Male Machoke
    Lv. 28, No Guard
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Tomb
    - Knock Off
    - Focus Energy

exeggcute.png

Linda @ Miracle Seed , Brave (+Atk, -Spe), Female Exeggcute
    Lv. 28, Chlorophyll
    - Leech Seed
    - Energy Ball
    - Sleep Powder
    - Extrasensory

shieldon.png

Jericho @ Quick Claw , Gentle (+SpD, -Def), Male Shieldon
    Lv. 28, Soundproof
    - Rock Slide
    - Iron Head
    - Iron Defense
    - Metal Sound

elekid.png

Electra @ Expert Belt, Serious (Neutral), Female Elekid
    Lv. 27, Static
    - Thunder Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Thunder Wave
    - Light Screen

RIP
    turtwig.png
    makuhita.png
    beldum.png
    zubat.png
    weepinbell.png
    aron.png
    swablu.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Eterna City
    - Now that we've beaten the Gym here, time to take out these freaks in space suits at the Eterna HQ
    - The guy at the door think I'm just going to let him take my Pokémon... I'd like to see you try buddy. After winning he runs inside to alert everyone that I'm coming inside
    - As we enter, some random grunt spots me from the corner... Wait... this is no grunt... It's Looker!
    - We clear out the place and proceed to the top floor where Jupiter has taken someone's Pokémon, time to get them back!
    - Jupiter leads with Golbat and we lead with Electra. Golbat confuses us as we try to hit it with a Thunder Punch. We hit outselves and then got hit with a Leech Life, so I swap into Jericho to hit it with two Rock Slides to take it out
    - Next up is Sableye, I swap into Atlas so I can use Knock Off, then I swap into Kindle who takes it out with a Play Rough
    - Jupiter sends in Skunktank next, I swap into Jericho to wall it but Jericho falls to a critial Night Slash
    - We then go into a constant switching match, in the end I predict the swap into Jupiter's Tangela and I swap into Kindle for the kill on both Tangela and Skunktank
    - On the ground after the battle is a PokéBall that contains Porygon, we pick it up and name Syntax
    - I head to the bicycle shop since saving the owners Pokémon from Team Galatic but I'm stopped by Cynthia who gives us an egg... wonder what it'll contain...
    - The bicycle shop owner gives us a Dawn Stone since we already own the exact bike he was going to give us
    - The egg contained Togepi which I named Colgate
    - While heading South towards Cycling Road, I meet the Professor's Aide who give sus TM58 which contains Endure
    - There are a few trainers we have to battle since experience is super important during this portion of the game

Route 206
    - This is a new route so you know what that means!
    - My encounter is a Stunky which I name Pestilence
    - Found TM74 which contained Gyro Ball
    - There are a few trainers I decide to fight, no issues here

Wayward Cave
    - Our first encounter was a Geodude, which I'm using dupes clause on
    - My second is a Zubat, which I decided to capture since it's such a good Pokémon, even if I already had one previously. I named it Petunia
    - We meet Pokémon Trainer Mira who seems lost, we scare her and she challenges us to a battle
    - Linda got hit with a critical Psybeam and fainted from her Kadabra's Psybeam
    - Poseidon got critted with a Dazzling Gleam
    - We wiped to Mira's Kadabra

I will keep trying, since I know it's possible. My next post will include everything up until the the point where I wiped

The Squad
    We wiped :(

RIP
    turtwig.png
    makuhita.png
    beldum.png
    zubat.png
    weepinbell.png
    aron.png
    swablu.png
    shieldon.png
    flareon.png
    prinplup.png
    machoke.png
    exeggcute.png
    elekid.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Pokémon Renegade Platinum
    Hardcore Nuzlocke Attempt #2
    Recap
    Twinleaf Town: Obtained Eevee which I named Tatiana, my encounter in the lake below my house is a Poliwag named Quanta
    Route 201: Started with Chimchar which I named Azula, encounter is Starly which I name Shayera, we also find a shiny Starly in the process
    Lake Verity: Encounter is a Azurill which I name Mary
    Route 202: My encounter here is a Shinx which I name Sparx
    Route 218: Encounter is a Magikarp named Scylla
    Route 219: Horsea named Kendra is my encounter for this route
    Jubilife City: Happiny named Celia hatched from the egg I got from the Trainers' School
    Route 203: Bidoof which I named Derek, I was super close to naming him God lmao
    Ravaged Path: Puddles the Psyduck was caught here <3
    Route 204: Monarch the Caterpie was caught!
    Oreburgh City: A gift from Steven Stone which was Beldum, I named it Melvin
    Oreburgh Gate: Zubat which I name Alucard
    Route 207: A cute little Phanpy was my encounter here, I named her Opal
    Oreburgh Mine: Yet another cutie was found here, Dots the Aron
    Floaroma Town: Chrys the Chikorita, Axel the Cyndaquil, and Riptide the Totodile
    Valley Windworks: I caught a Voltorb and named it Magnus
    Floaroma Meadow: Tangela which I named Jim
    Route 205: Buizel which I named Petunia
    Eterna Forest: Nincada which I named Eva
    Old Chateau: Gastly named cheshire
    Eterna City: The only possible encounter here that wasn't dupes clause was Dratini, so I fished until I found one and named it Dara
    Route 211: Atlas the Machop
    Mt. Coronet: Liberty the Bronzor
    Route 216: Smoochum named Nicki
    Route 206: Stunky named Lisa
    Wayward Cave: My encounter was a Sandshrew but it got critted and fainted

Wayward Cave
    - We crush Mira
    - We help Mira find her item she dropped in the cave which turned out to be a Ribbon of some sort, though for finding it we got the TM for Dazzling Gleam!

Route 207
    - We face Lucas in a battle
    - Melvin got critted and fainted :(
    - For winning he gives us the VS Seeker
    - We add Becca to the team

Mt. Coronet
    - We have to cross through here to head to Hearthome City for our next gym
    - Since we got our encounter eariler in the run for this place, we pop a Repel and keep it moving
    - While going through Mt. Coronet, we are met by Cyrus who say something about time and space

Route 208
    - We save our encounter until we can get to Hearthome
    - As I walk into the gate to head over to the next city, I'm stopped by Aaron of the Elite Four who would like to have a battle, and it's mandatory....
    - We set up Stealth Rocks because poggers
    - Becca put in immense work but goes down to a critical Night Slash from Aaron's Drapion
    - Bubbles goes down to a critical Night Slash from Drapion as well

The Squad

dragonair.png

Dara @ King's Rock, Lax (+Def, -SpD), Female Dragonair
    Lv. 32, Marvel Scale
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Aqua Tail
    - Thunder Wave
    - Aqua Jet

crobat.png

Alucard @ Leftovers, Hardy (Neutral), Male Crobat
    Lv. 33, Inner Focus
    - Poison Fang
    - Crunch
    - Theif
    - Wing Attack

meganium.png

Chrys @ Light Clay, Bold (+Def, -Atk), Male Meganium
    Lv. 33, Serene Grace
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Energy Ball
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen

monferno.png

Azula @ Charcoal, Naive (+Spe, -SpD), Female Monferno
    Lv. 32, Iron Fist
    - Fake Out
    - Flamethrower
    - Brick Break
    - Mach Punch

Reserves
    Azurill, Piplup, Poliwag, Magikarp, Caterpie, Bidoof, Aron, Treecko, Torchic, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Psyduck, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Buizel, Tangela, Nincada, Gastly, Machop, Bronzor, Smoochum, Togepi, Porygon, Stunky

RIP

starly.png
    happiny.png
    turtwig.png
    horsea.png
    luxio.png
    leafeon.png
    metang.png
    bastiodon.png
    marshtop.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Route 208
    - My encounter on this route is a Skitty which I name Jane

Hearthome City
    - After winning our battle with Barry, a lady comes into the gate and asks for help because some people in space suits have taken over the Pokémon Mansion
    - As we arrive, there are indeed these strange people in space suits who want to battle us
    - Barry shows up and helps us take out some more grunts
    - While we were fighting the grunts, Monferno evolved into Infernape
    - We trade a Burn Heal for TM55 which contains Scald
    - We backtrack to revivie Aerodactyl and name him Spyro
    - We show Spyro to the lady in Eterna City and get the TM80 which contains Rock Slide

Route 212
    - I made it to the grass, our encounter is a male Kirlia which I name Raoul

Pokémon Mansion
    - Here wea take out a few grunts who are blocking the rooms
    - There was another group of grunts blocking off a door, the challenge was to beat them in exactly 6 turns, no more, no less. Took me two tries for that because I can't read lol
    - Saturn was keeping Mr. Backlot hostage and made him battle Barry and I
    - In the end Barry and I manage to beat them
    - My encounter in the Trophy Garden is a Pikachu which I name Checkers

Route 209
    - My encounter on this route is a Bonsly which I name Bonsai
    - Obtained the Good Rod from a nice Fisherman
    - Picked up TM19 which contains Giga Drain
    - Chrys got critted and fainted :(

Solaceon Town
    - I made it to Solaceon Town, I decide to take a break and save here

The Squad

dragonair.png

Dara @ King's Rock, Lax (+Def, -SpD), Female Dragonair
    Lv. 35, Marvel Scale
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Aqua Tail
    - Thunder Wave
    - Aqua Jet

crobat.png

Lv. 36, Inner Focus
    - Poison Fang
    - Crunch
    - Taunt
    - Wing Attack

infernape.png

Azula @ Charcoal, Naive (+Spe, -SpD), Female Monferno
    Lv. 36, Iron Fist
    - Close Combat
    - Fake Out
    - Flamethrower
    - Mach Punch

porygon2.png

Syntax @ Leftovers, Bold (+Def, -Atk), Bold Poryzon2
    Lv. 35, Download
    - Recover
    - Tri Attack
    - Discharge
    - Thunder Wave

bronzong.png

Liberty @ Metal Coat, Brave (+Atk, -Spe), Bronzong
    Lv. 36, Heatproof
    - Gyro Ball
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Hypnosis
    - Feint Attack

Reserves
    Azurill, Piplup, Poliwag, Magikarp, Caterpie, Bidoof, Aron, Treecko, Torchic, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Psyduck, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Buizel, Tangela, Nincada, Gastly, Machop, Smoochum, Togepi, Stunky, Skitty, Kirlia, Pikachu, Aerodactyl, Bonsly

RIP

starly.png
    happiny.png
    turtwig.png
    horsea.png
    luxio.png
    leafeon.png
    metang.png
    bastiodon.png
    marshtop.png
    meganium.png

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Lost Tower
    - My encounter here is a Dusclops which I name Kevin
    - Found TM61 which contains Will-o-Wisp

Solaceon Ruins

- Found TM04 which contained Calm Mind

Route 210
    - Was given TM51 which contains Roost
    - My encounter on this route is a Scyther which I name which I name Erza

Solaceon Town
    - Here I decide it's time to give my team proper EVs, so I buy the EV reducing berries and get to work
    - Added Riptide the Totodile to the team
    - Totodile evolved at level 20 and then level 30

Route 215
    - My encounter here is a female Drowzee which I name Val
    - Added Val to the team
    - Azula fainted from an unexpected critical hit Psychic :(
    - Dara got hit with a critical Ice Fang and fainted as well :(

Veilstone City
    - Now that we made it here, it's time evaluate my team and figure out what I'm going to be using
    - Added Helios the Charmander to the team
    - Added Jim the Tangela to the team, I've never used a Tangrowth so let's see how well this'll turn out
    - I added these two because this gives me the popular Fire, Water, Grass core
    - The level cap for the Veilstone City Gym is 39, so it's time to backtrack and train up the new members at the Solaceon Daycare
    - I make it back to Veilstone City and explore the Deparment Store, there we meet Bertha of the Elite Four and she gives us a gift of TM26 which contains Erathquake

Veilstone City Gym
    - We take out the trainers in here to get a few last minute levels
    - Maylene leads Medicham and I lead Hypno. I set up dual screens and take it out with a few Shadow Balls
    - Next up is Toxicroak, with my dual screens, I take a Poison Jab and KO it with Psychic
    - She sends out Lucario next, I swap into Charizard who hits it with a Flamethrower and brings it down to it's Focus Sash, one last Flamethrower takes it out
    - Next up is her Infernape, this thing is pretty scary. I predict a Thunder Punch and go out into Tangrowth. After that she's definately going to use a Fire-type attack so I swap into Feraligatr. The worst case scenario of events happen here. She gets a crit and burns Feraligatr...
    - After swapping because of predictions, I manage to take it out with Crobat's Wing Attack
    - Next is her Galade, I swap into Hypno to set up screens, as she sets up a screens herself, now it's just a battle of attrition trying to whittle Galade down with Shadow Ball and Psychic
    - Last is Machamp, our Reflect goes down as he comes in, so we set up another
    - Machamp is pretty scary since it's holding a Toxic Orb and has Guts, I swap into Tangrowth to try and wall it a bit, I then swap back into Val after having Machamp take some poison damage as we out speed it and KO it with Psychic
    - She gives us TM60 which contains Drain Punch
    - As I step out the gym, Lucas says Team Galatic has taken his PokéDex and he needs help getting it back

The Squad

crobat.png

Lv. 39, Inner Focus
    - Poison Fang
    - Crunch
    - Taunt
    - Wing Attack

porygon2.png

Syntax @ Leftovers, Bold (+Def, -Atk), Poryzon2
    Lv. 38, Download
    - Psychic
    - Tri Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave

hypno.png

Val @ Light Clay, Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk), Female Hypno
    Lv. 40, Insomnia
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen

charizard.png

Helios @ Charcoal, Docile (Neutral), Male Charizard
    Lv. 39, Levitate
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Air Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Slash

feraligatr.png

Riptide @ Muscle Band, Sassy (+SpD, -Spe), Male Feraligatr
    Lv. 38, Intimidate
    - Aqua Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Nightslash
    - Ice Fang

tangrowth.png

Jim @ Leftovers, Serious (Neutral), Male Tangrowth
    Lv. 38, Leaf Guard
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Sleep Powder
    - Knock Off

Reserves
    Azurill, Piplup, Poliwag, Magikarp, Caterpie, Bidoof, Aron, Treecko, Torchic, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Psyduck, Cyndaquil, Buizel, Nincada, Gastly, Machop, Smoochum, Togepi, Stunky, Skitty, Kirlia, Pikachu, Aerodactyl, Bonsly, Bronzong

RIP

starly.png
    happiny.png
    turtwig.png
    horsea.png
    luxio.png
    leafeon.png
    metang.png
    bastiodon.png
    marshtop.png
    meganium.png
    infernape.png
    dragonair.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Veilstone City
    - We help Lucas get his PokéDex back from some Galatic Grunts

Maniac Tunnel
    - Picked up TM59 which contains Dragon Pulse
    - Encounter is a Whismur which I name Decibel

Route 214
    - Rhyhorn is my ecnounter here, I name him Simon
    - Jim got critted by an Air Slash and fainted :(
    - There were a few trainers I took down along the way

Valor Lakefront
    - Nidorina which I named Bonnie was caught here
    - Obtained TM92 which contaied Trick Room

Route 213
    - I decided to fish for my encounter and it was a Remoraid which I named Octavia

Pastoria City
    - Obtained a Lapras for listening to a story. I named it Siren
    - Went to the move tutor to relearn some moves thank goodness it's free now!

Great Marsh
    - Now when I play, I count each area as a new area and I'll be doing that here as well
    - Picked up TM36 while exploring which contained Sludge Bomb
    - Area 6: Gulpin which I named Kirby
    - Area 5: Skorupi which I name Dragunov
    - Area 4: Exeggcute which I name Lina
    - Area 3: Parasect which I name Perry
    - Area 2: Croagunk which I name Mantella
    - Area 1: Quagsire which I name Glenda
    - Obtain TM17 containing Protect this will be useful in the future for sure

Pastoria City
    - Now I start planning my team for Crasher Wake
    - I add Exeggcute, Kirlia, Pikachu, and Lileep to the team
    - I fly back to Solaceon Town to do the EXP and EV training for the current team

Route 212
    - Crasher Wake is on this route and we need to find him, he's near the entrance gate to the Pokémon Mansion

Pastoria City
    - The next gym is here, our level cap is 44
    - Before we can enter the gym, we must face Barry, we actually manage to make it though with no casualties which is great

Pastoria City Gym
    - I take out the mandatory trainers
    - Wake leads with Quagsire, it's also raining inside his gym so I taught a few of the team members Sunny Day to get an edge up on him and his water attacks
    - I lead Syntax (who is now a Porygon-Z) and use Sunny Day, two Tri Attacks with the Adaptability boost take it out
    - Next up is Poliwrath, I swap into Exeggutor to make use of the sun I have up as well as Chlorophyll, I hit it with a Giga Drain and KO it
    - He sends out Gyarados next, I make a swap into Gallade and hit a critical Thunder Punch for the KO
    - Floatzel is next, I take a chance and use Leaf Blade with Gallade. I get hit HARD with an Aqua Tail, and manage to get the critical Leaf Blade I needed.
    - Sharpedo out next, I swap into Cradily and hit it with Power Whip and bring it down it's Focus Sash. I take the turn he's using to set up a Barrier. He misses his next Ice Fang, and I KO it with Power Whip
    - Last up is Ludicolo, I'm expecting a Fake Out so I take this time to swap into Crobat, and hit it with a Cross Poison for the KO
    - He also gives us HM07 which contains Waterfall

Pastoria City
    - Barry comes running and now he's calling Crasher Wake master????????
    - He says something about a Galatic Grunt setting off a bomb in the Great Marsh....
    -
    2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.png

- This game is getting dark....
    - Next update, I'll be making a team with the Pokémon I have

The Squad

crobat.png

Alucard @ Choice Band, Hardy (Neutral), Male Crobat
    Lv. 43, Inner Focus
    - Cross Poison
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Fly
    - Taunt

porygon-z.png

Syntax @ Heat Rock, Bold (+Def, -Atk), Porygon-Z
    Lv. 44, Download
    - Sunny Day
    - Tri Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave

exeggutor.png

Linda @ Light Clay, Rash (+SpAtk, -Atk), Female Exeggutor
    Lv. 44, Chlorophyll
    - Sunny Day
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain
    - Sleep Powder

cradily.png

Lillith @ Charcoal, Docile (Neutral), Female Cradily
    Lv. 44, Storm Drain
    - Power Whip
    - Confuse Ray
    - Rock Slide
    - Barrier

gallade.png

Raoul @ Scope Lens, Serious (Neutral), Male Gallade
    Lv. 44, Steadfast
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Thunder Punch
    - Psycho Cut

raichu.png

Checkers @ Magnet, Mild (+SpAtk, -Def), Female Raichu
    Lv. 44, Lightningrod
    - Thunderbolt
    - Double Team
    - Grass Knot
    - Teeter Dance

Reserves
    Azurill, Piplup, Poliwag, Magikarp, Caterpie, Bidoof, Aron, Treecko, Torchic, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Psyduck, Cyndaquil, Buizel, Nincada, Gastly, Machop, Smoochum, Togepi, Stunky, Skitty, Aerodactyl, Bonsly, Bronzong, Rhyhorn, Nidorina, Remoraid, Lapras, Skorupi, Croagunk, Quagsire, Parasect, Gulpin, Feraligatr, Hypno, Charizard

RIP

starly.png
    happiny.png
    turtwig.png
    horsea.png
    luxio.png
    leafeon.png
    metang.png
    bastiodon.png
    marshtop.png
    meganium.png
    infernape.png
    dragonair.png
    tangrowth.png

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Well with me moving to a new pc, I lost this file which was unfortunate because I was looking forward to finishing. I have another challenge coming though!

Back