• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gaming conventions!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I was at PAX West this weekend, and it was actually my first convention/showcase ever, despite living fairly close to where it's held every year. It was really fun! The crowds were insane and not my favourite part of the weekend, but aside from that I really loved the experience and will definitely be back next year.

Played a bunch of games, bought overpriced merch and saw Jacksepticeye!

Spoiler: was also really happy to see someone sort of dressed as undyne

I think when I go back next year I'd want to dress up too and really get into the spirit of it! I was a bit pressed for time this year since I forgot I scheduled a concert the night before PAX and I had to catch a 6AM bus down to Seattle to make it the morning of, but I'll be sure to plan better next time, haha.

Have any of you been to conventions like these? If not, would you want to? Share your experiences here!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I've been to gamescom twice in 2016 and 2017 which was a ton of fun. Haven't been able to go to any convention afterwards though, did go to IEM Katowice this year but that's not really a convention or a showcase and more of an esports event :P

I got to play Destiny 2's PvP in 2017 before it came out or was even in beta and I remember this so well since I straight up hard-carried my team haha.

I want to go again in 2020 maybe if theres interesting stuff

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i haven't been to any cons specific to games, but i have been going to momocon and anime weekend atlanta the past three years. i'm glad i was able to get over my anxiety and just...i guess the stigma behind going to cons? bc cons are something i always wanted to go to as a teenager, but i was too afraid to ask my mom about going and i eventually let the stigma of it get to me and it became one of those cringe things in my mind.

now i'm 27 and don't give a fuck, i cosplay every day of cons, spend all my money on artist alley, go to photoshoots, all that shit. i love it and i'm living my best life. i'd love to go to some of the bigger cons like katsucon and anime expo but lol money is hard lately and i've got a disney trip set up for next year now so. but that's what adulthood is for, i guess. living the dreams you were too anxious or scared to do in your teens.

Cid

Years
  • We do have local cons here but I've never attended one. I've always wanted to, though! If there's ever a con where most of the stuff on display I'm interested in, I'll definitely go just for the experience. And when I stay in a different country for a long enough time I'll also try to attend the bigger cons. :)

I remember my friends attended a Japanese media con (mostly anime, but there's a bit of a video game showcase in it as well), and I was really sad to be unavailable that time.

Back