• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
  • Pretty sure mine's alright, but I'll ask anyway: 5-6 animated gif sprites are fine, correct? (I might add a sixth Poke to my team, hence my asking, XD)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Pretty sure mine's alright, but I'll ask anyway: 5-6 animated gif sprites are fine, correct? (I might add a sixth Poke to my team, hence my asking, XD)
    Yup, your signature is looking alright. A sixth sprite should be fine if it's 15 pixels wide. Anything more than that will exceed the limits in width.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Is mine okay now? I centered them on top of each other.

EDIT: Why was the sig rules changed? They seemed fine before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Your signature is fine.
    They were changed because we needed more clarity, definition and substance to our rules as they had too many grey areas and CSS also needed to be approached.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Yup, your signature is looking alright. A sixth sprite should be fine if it's 15 pixels wide. Anything more than that will exceed the limits in width.

XD Well that's silly. 15 pixels is like... microscopic. Is it because it's animated, or it's that for regular sprites too? I mean, you do realize a full-fledged Pokemon team is made from six Pokemon, right? I fail to see and/or comprehend how a sixth sprite of the same size, animated or not, would cause eye bleeding, mass hysteria or cerebral infarction amongst the members. The reasons for updating the sig rules seem to make good sense; however I'm currently not seeing the problem with six sprites. Perhaps you or another mod would care to elaborate?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    1. It breaks the rules if you add another.
    2. We're not going to bend them just for you.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I just updated my sig to include contact info for anyone who wants to see me on Wi-Fi. I think it might fit the new requirements so far, but I would like to see it get verified just to be safe.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • 1. It breaks the rules if you add another.
    2. We're not going to bend them just for you.

XD You call that reasoning? "It breaks the rules if you add another"? So if something is highly illogical, like selling half an orange for 5 bucks, instead of an entire one for a few cents, you're just gonna go, "Oh, well, it breaks the rules, and we can't bend them, sorry! Here's your half-orange, are you gonna buy it or not?" and not even think about why you have those rules? It's nice that you won't bend them for me, but you have missed the point here: you have not actually given me a reason why six simple Pokemon sprites would be a problem on an Internet forum signature.

This isn't about me wanting to bend rules for the sake of bending them and not heeding to them because I'm ~*~such a rebel~*~. In fact, I never asked you to, you assumed that I did, just like you will probably assume that my reply is equivalent to flaming, trolling, or simply being difficult. Look at my profile, I'm not 13 yo. I'm the same age as you, pretty much, and I'd like to know the reason for this rule. Since when is "Just because. We made the rules, live with it" an explanation? Some things do not need to be explained (e.g. you can't use a 800x600 image in your sig because that's effin' huge), but others do.

But hey, I guess you (and every other mod, if they too assume that I'm just being a hardass) just surf through life doing everything you're told, never questioning anything, and coming up with rules without giving explanations. I guess I should know better than to question your perfect rules and the reason for their perfect existence. My mistake, it won't happen again. I'll just run along now and be another mindless drone in the forum, don't mind me. *transforms into a Mareep* Baahhh, bahhh! I'll go join the sheep flock now plz.

EDIT:

Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.
    I'm pretty sure the issue is that if you added a sixth one next to the others then the width rule would be broken. You can have as many sprites as you want as long as it does not go beyond the height and width limits for images there's no 'only 5 sprites' rule anywhere. (500 and 300 pixels respectively). Certainly no need to act like that though, at any rate. =/ Not amusing or cool or brave or whatnot, so what's the point? A simple 'I don't understand why you say I can't have a 6th sprite' would have worked.

Teh Blazer - it is too wide, certainly - only 600 pixels wide is allowed and the quotes for instance break that. (And the image breaks the 500 pixels-wid limit too for images).

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
  • How much room for images would I have left if I don't add anymore text?

I'd also like to check my sig, too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You have 334 pixels left of width for images, can't go beyond the height (so it'd have to be on the same level). In terms of total width though accounting for the text there around/a touch under 150 pixels to use.

ATM the signature is fine.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The height is fine. However, the last sentence that you have (the one about the stats) causes the signature to be over the limit is width. After the "about" is about how long your signature is allowed to be.

Don't worry. You don't be getting kicked out because of your signature~

Years
  • I made it so it doesn't go over the width... I think. Still, I'm going to have to find a way to make my Signature shorter as I progress with my Monotype Challenge ^_^'

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
    Years
  • Is my signature okay?
    Just hoping I didn't just wast time on putting this together this morning.

ahh my signature went missing

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I made it so it doesn't go over the width... I think. Still, I'm going to have to find a way to make my Signature shorter as I progress with my Monotype Challenge ^_^'

It's fine~

Is my signature okay, I think it's a bit wordy, but I think it should be fine..... But just in case..

Outside of the limits sadly. :(

Change it to:
    Maria: My Pokemon may not be stronger than yours, but their will is much stronger than anyones!
    Akira: Oh really? What makes you believe that?
    Maria: You AND your Pokemon fight to win, mine fight so that they can live.
    Your tyranny has brought everyone, including yourself down. Now, prepare to be defeated.

(These are only lines I remember from my last Manga script, Main character Maria talking to Akira, Team Luna's leader.)

"I love my Pokemon, no matter stats, or HP or Power. Weak or strong, it makes no difference, and if my Pokemon were real,
    they would all love me with the same respect and courtesy that I would treat them with." Copy into your Sig. if you agree.

"I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care
    about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals
    instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into
    your signature."

And it'll fit.

@heartofdestany: Whenever you find your signature again, repost it, as chances are people won't be looking back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back