• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I was thinking of playing Ash, and Ash doesn't start off in Johto he already has his Pokemon when he gets there, even though I'm a girl, there's nothing wrong with me playing a guy is there

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I was thinking of playing Ash, and Ash doesn't start off in Johto he already has his Pokemon when he gets there, even though I'm a girl, there's nothing wrong with me playing a guy is there

No you can play Ash if you want too but as I've alreay said you will need to provide a SU. As for getting his Pokemon when he went to Johto he only took Pikachu with him and he caught various Pokemon there. So you could either use a Wildcard for Pikachu then catch all the others when I decide to put them in or you can start off with a starter then catch a Pichu or something later on.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • *sighs*

I haven't found any good RP's to participate in.........

Which isn't necessarily a good thing, since I just finally completed my longest fanfiction yet.

Oh well...........

*keeps checking his OT profile to make sure it's good*

Logan

Years
  • *sighs*

I haven't found any good RP's to participate in.........

Which isn't necessarily a good thing, since I just finally completed my longest fanfiction yet.

Oh well...........

*keeps checking his OT profile to make sure it's good*

There's an opening in The Adventures of unpredictability, it's owned by Alipeewee, I know because I'm currently in it, the opening's with a Dratini by the way.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • No thanks. I really don't like RP's where you have to start from scratch. I like RP's where you can choose your OWN pokemon and what level they're at.

Meh. I'm picky I guess.

*shrugs*

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    can someone give me any good ideas for a Pokemon RPG sit in the Orange Islands, I thought, I'd post up one but I can't think of a plot good enough, other then just getting your Pokemon and starting your journey, and that's not a plot, can someone help me out here

Logan

Years
  • can someone give me any good ideas for a Pokemon RPG sit in the Orange Islands, I thought, I'd post up one but I can't think of a plot good enough, other then just getting your Pokemon and starting your journey, and that's not a plot, can someone help me out here

Would you like to be joint Game masters and make it together i think I can come up with a good plot because I adore the Orange Islands. I don't think it would be very long though unless we make up some islands for the travelers to go to before Orange crew islands.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Orange Archipelago

Orange Archipelago

Plot: There has been disasters all over the world lately. The Pokemon have been acting very weird. As in not normal. You as a beginning trainer starting out your journey in the Orange Islands must find out what is wrong with the world, why things have gone out of wrack. The weather has been changing a lot lately from, cold to warm to hot. The center of all of this is centered around Shamouti Island and the three islands of legend, Fire Island, Ice Island and Lightning Island. Five young beginning trainers are choosen to go on a journey, level up there Pokemon, collect the Four badges from the Orange Crew and conplete in the Orange League.

You are a beginning trainer who lives on Valencia Island. You just turned 10-12. You get your first Pokemon from Professor Ivy. You have three choices, which will you go with a Lapras, a Eevee or a Pikachu, which ever one you pick the choice is up to you. The other trainers are there when you get there. Professor Ivy tells you about all the problems centering around in the Orange Islands. Something has gone wrong with Shamouti Island and the islands of legends. A great danger that if something is not done it could awaken the great beast of the sea and flood the whole planet,"It is up to your select few to stop this madess before it is too late for anything to be done about it. I will give you one of three Pokemon here. You will then go to each Island challening the Orange Crew. Once you have all four badges you will challenge the champion Drake, for the title of Orange League Master, and earn your place in the Hall of Flame. Afterwards after you've had enough training you will go to Shamouti Island and from there visist each island: Fire, Ice and Lightning and collect the three orbs and bring them to the main Island then we will decide what shell be done next."

The trainers listened very closely. They all made there choices. Ivy then gave all of them a Pokedex and five PokeBalls. You then begin your Journey. You notice during your travels that the Pokemon you catch here in the Orange Islands look different then the ones found in Kanto. Where will your journey lead you. It's all up to you trainer. You decide.

Rules:

1. No Spamming

2.Follow Forum's Rules

3.Good Spelling and Grammer

4.When catching a Pokemon end your Post with the PokeBall shaking, and depending on how good the post is I will decide if you catch it or not.

5.No bunnying without permission, but close to the end everyone will come together but only when I say so.

6.No catching legendary Pokemon but there will be battles with them close to the end of the RPG, but only when I say so.

7.Please stay active, if you go for more then 2 weeks without posting without a good reason you will be kicked out.

8.Yes you can find shinys in this but they will be very hard to catch.

9.You may have eggs but only I will decide when and if they hatch and what Pokemon they will be.

Name: (Your Character's name first and last)
    Age: (Your character's age, 10 to 12, but no older then 12 please)
    Appearance: (Talk about what your character looks like. It must be at least 1 paragraph. That's 5 sentences long)
    Personality: (How does your character act, what they like dislike etc...)
    History: (What was your character's past like? Did they always live in Valencia Island. Must be at least 1 paragraph like with the Appearance thing)
    Starter Choice: (Which Pokemon would you like to start out with)
    Your Starter's Gender: (Is your starter male or female)
    Person Type: (What type of trainer or you? Are you a Coordinator/Trainer/ Breeder/ Stylest etc...)

RP Sample(Must be at least 8 paragraphs):

Starters:

Spr_4p_025_m.png

Pikachu
    Level: 5
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Charge
    Nature: Random
    Gender: (Please specify in SU under starter Pokemon choice)

Spr_4p_133.png

Eevee
    Ability: Adapability
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand Attack, Charm
    Gender: (Please Specify in SU under starter Pokemon choice.)

Spr_4d_120.png

Staryu
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Water Gun
    Gender: (Please Specify in SU under starter Pokemon choice.)

Wild Card 1:
    Wild Card 2:

I will only allow your Pokemon to know up to 10 attacks at most. That is it. After that it will have to forget some. Also I will not be in this RP. I am the GM(Grand Master) I will be playing NPCs like Professor Ivy and other characters and sometimes wild Pokemon. The Roleplay will start once we get the basic three in. I know in the info above I just talked about three trainers, but I will accept up to 2 wild cards but the sign up must be very good to get a wild card. And it must be a Pokemon in its first stage. No, starting out with Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh please. Also no starting out with Shiny Pokemon.

Message to Alter Ego: Please don't say I don't have a plot or it's too much like the second movie. I tried very hard. You know getting roleplays up on this site is very hard. I had to work my brain very hard to even think of what I did think of. So please accept this.

Last edited:

Logan

Years
  • Hopefully Alter Ego will accept it but if he says no because there wasn't a good enough plot add in the idea I PM'ed with, because that would thicken the plot.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Message to Alter Ego: Please don't say I don't have a plot or it's too much like the second movie. I tried very hard. You know getting roleplays up on this site is very hard. I had to work my brain very hard to even think of what I did think of. So please accept this.

You should know I'm a cruel, heartless person and do not take personal appeals into account in my approval process. Just saying.

3.Good Spelling and Grammer

I would suggest correcting your typo on 'grammar' there; it's making this rule look a bit silly. ;D You have similar typos scattered throughout the plot here, so I'd suggest running it through a quick spelling check on Word or a similar text processing program. Also, check your plurals as you have some slip-ups on that front too.

Plot: There has been disasters all over the world lately. The Pokemon have been acting very weird. As in not normal. You as a beginning trainer starting out your journey in the Orange Islands must find out what is wrong with the world, why things have gone out of wrack. The weather has been changing a lot lately from, cold to warm to hot. The center of all of this is centered around Shamouti Island and the three islands of legend, Fire Island, Ice Island and Lightning Island. Five young beginning trainers are choosen to go on a journey, level up there Pokemon, collect the Four badges from the Orange Crew and conplete in the Orange League.

You are a beginning trainer who lives on Valencia Island. You just turned 10-12. You get your first Pokemon from Professor Ivy. You have three choices, which will you go with a Lapras, a Eevee or a Pikachu, which ever one you pick the choice is up to you. The other trainers are there when you get there. Professor Ivy tells you about all the problems centering around in the Orange Islands. Something has gone wrong with Shamouti Island and the islands of legends. A great danger that if something is not done it could awaken the great beast of the sea and flood the whole planet,"It is up to your select few to stop this madess before it is too late for anything to be done about it. I will give you one of three Pokemon here. You will then go to each Island challening the Orange Crew. Once you have all four badges you will challenge the champion Drake, for the title of Orange League Master, and earn your place in the Hall of Flame. Afterwards after you've had enough training you will go to Shamouti Island and from there visist each island: Fire, Ice and Lightning and collect the three orbs and bring them to the main Island then we will decide what shell be done next."

You know, 10-12 is an awfully young age to travel the world on your own, really, and I find myself a bit confused by why professor Ivy would assign - or even mention - such an important task to a group of adolescent children, especially before they have proven their worth as trainers. It just seems a bit...odd when she could be calling on qualified, experienced, adult trainers. Your plot also mentions a Lapras as one of the starters, but the starter picking part has it listed as a Staryu. I assume this is one of your later changes? I'd say fix that to prevent confusion.

That being said, you do seem to have a starting setting here and at least some kind of idea for what will happen down the road, so fair enough. I'd approve this, though I maintain that fixing up your spelling and grammar and doing something about those logic stretches would improve the quality overall.

I don't see this among the pending threads, though, so until you submit it I obviously can't approve it either.

Logan

Years
  • @ Themegachampion: I suppose you could check out my RP Pokemon: Johto Revolutions then even though the only starter left is Cyndaquil you get to choose Three other Pokemon First forms only have to be Lv 5.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I think a lot of rps are going to start dieing now, as most people who are members of this site have to start going back to school now, and they won't have hardly any time for roleplaying now

Logan

Years
  • Yeah I'm struggling for time now to run a RP co-own an RP and be in Two RP is really hard work.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    then I guess asking you to co-author a fic together then is out of the question

Logan

Years
  • No I could do I suppose school's not too busy atm won't get busy until April so atm I'm fine to do that.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I have a new plan for rpgs, Priate RPGs where only certian members are allowed to join, I think that would be a fun idea then you could just roleplay with only your friends, I've seen sites that do Private roleplays before, and they turn out to be pretty good

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • Just out of complete curiousity as I'm thinking of making a new RP.

What do you guys usually like in a Pokemon RP?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hey, everyone. I'm planning on a new RP, which is a big mix of my favorite RP's. Who would be interested?

How do you think people would respond if I did an invitational RP?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Do you know if it is allowed to close a current RP and then create a new one that takes place several years later? It would be so that the characters could mature, so that more members could join, to sort of create a new goal etc.

I may be interested, but it really just depends on the kind of RP.

Back