• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • FA Cup 4th round draw

Southampton/Ipswich vs Crystal Palace
    Cambridge United vs Man United
    Blackburn vs Swansea
    Chelsea vs Millwall/Bradford City
    Derby vs Scunthorpe/Chesterfield
    Preston North End vs Sheffield United
    Birmingham City vs WBA
    Aston Villa vs Bournemouth (you got your wish @tittlemouse)
    Cardiff vs Reading
    Liverpool vs Bolton
    Burnley/Tottenham vs Leicester City
    Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal
    Rochdale vs Stoke
    Sunderland vs Fulham/Wolverhampton
    Doncaster Rovers/Bristol City vs Everton/West Ham
    Man City vs Middlesbrough

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • So Adams has ''agreed to resign'', he'll be returning to the club in some role in the summer.

Unsurprisingly Phelan is in temporary charge, I'm desperately hoping we go for somebody with real experience now. I also hope we ditch this ''footballing board'' thing now as it won't attract a real manager.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Heck yeah away to Villa I feel we are going to look the Premier League side in this one as unless Villa sign a goal scorer I fail to see how they will score against us and with us scoring for fun it should be in our favor.

Still probably find City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool will be the TV game picks :lol:

Years
  • Heck yeah away to Villa I feel we are going to look the Premier League side in this one as unless Villa sign a goal scorer I fail to see how they will score against us and with us scoring for fun it should be in our favor.

Still probably find City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool will be the TV game picks :lol:

You should watch out for Benteke. (unless he has some new injury I'm not aware of)

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    You should watch out for Benteke. (unless he has some new injury I'm not aware of)
    If He's still Villa player when we play them but this being the highest scorers in the English leagues against the lowest scorers surely can only go one way

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • So, suddenly Alex Neil's name is all over in regards to the Norwich job. Apparently he's been in charche of Hamilton Athletic for a year and a half, he has won promotion and are currently a few points off Celtic. It seems the keep the ball on the deck and play.

His odds went from 33/1to 11/8 in 2 hours.

Can't say I know the guy but I like that he has no link to the club as a player.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Confirmed.

I will say that this appointment feels more like the ones of Lambert and Hughton, it certainly doesn't feel like a last roll of the die Adams one. YOUNG AND HUNGRY buzzwords in the announcement aside I'm much happier with this than I would have been with the job being given to Phelan.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Bassong now, we'll see if his problem was with just Adams or somebody higher up. I'd like to think we'd be willing to give our best defender and POTS winner another chance. If he isn't I guess I'll be off to Brighton for peanuts.

Also, you might remember me posting the forum reaction when Adams got the job full time. Totally different this time around.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Should be an interesting game, Neil won't really have had an impact on selection and tactics though. Hopefully his presence alone will fire them up.

Also despite the fact he's been in indifferent form recently I really hope we start Grabban tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Should be an interesting game, Neil won't really have had an impact on selection and tactics though. Hopefully his presence alone will fire them up.

Also despite the fact he's been in indifferent form recently I really hope we start Grabban tomorrow.
    Why can I see us totally bossing the game but somehow your keeper keeps us out for Grabban to score in the 90th min {XD}

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • With this current Norwich side you really do not know what you are going to get. We were brilliant away at derby and then crap at Reading, we had those two huge home wins and then back to being awful at PNE. We had very good at the start but the followed it up with something like 1 win in 10 weeks.

I reckon it'll go one of two ways. A narrow Norwich win or a heavy Bournemouth one.

Years
  • With this current Norwich side you really do not know what you are going to get. We were brilliant away at derby and then crap at Reading, we had those two huge home wins and then back to being awful at PNE. We had very good at the start but the followed it up with something like 1 win in 10 weeks.

I reckon it'll go one of two ways. A narrow Norwich win or a heavy Bournemouth one.

That was pretty much the story of us before this season. It looks like you've got by without the consistency though and you're in a good enough position for the new guy to work with.

We have Reading today who are on reasonable form for a team so low down in the table, but hopefully we get a decent result.

Someone needs to put an end to this Messi story which has barely any basis and is clear bs by the way. If it goes on for the entire window, I'll go crazy.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It is pretty amazing how close we still are to the top 6 even after all of this. I think he have a decent shot at the playoffs if the new manager can get them playing as a team, other than short spells whilst in the Premier League we haven't really been a team since the Lambert days. There is a pretty big gap in terms of quality and probably attitude between that and this bunch of players though. We'll see.

Reading did the double over us, they aren't a good side though. We just put in the type of performance we did away at the Riverside in them games.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Couldn't be much happier with today's set of results.

Seems like the ref had a bit of a shocker. I only listened to it but it sounds as if there could have been a handball in the lead up to Hooper's goal and then Howson shouldn't have been sent off.

Looking forward for seeing that Jerome goal on the Football League show.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I don't think Norwich deserved to win the game to be honest but thats football, you don't always get what you deserve. We had to slip up eventually just happy its now when the teams around us also failed to win costing us nothing really rather than lose closer to the seasons end when its must win.

Who knows might make us sign someone defensively as its our only weak point in our side

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It sounded pretty even to me, in terms of decent opportunities at least. Possession was always going to be a home win, especially with the sending off. Sending off also might have helped us concentration wise, whilst it was nerverwracking it didn't really feel like there was an outright onslaught coming. Probably why it took a special goal to win it.

Was nice to see the new manager getting involved when Howson walked. I guess that was a case of Phelan and Holt's game plan going out of the window so he might as well get started.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Wow, Bradford destroyed Millwall 4-0. You'll never break Millwall? Nope nope nope....

Well this FA cup has been dismal due to the fact too many underdogs went out in the 3rd round. West Brom were nothing but cowards putting up an A side against non league Gateshead... a 7-0 win proves nothing except cowardice.

Blackburn vs Swansea will hopefully look to be a great game... but Blackburn need to improve in their defence.

Years
  • I watched the Madrid derby earlier and I was left further confused as to how Simeone managed to get robbed for coach of the year at the Ballon D'or awards.

I hope Griezmann & Torres link up well beyond this game, it was good to see Torres score again.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • 3 - 0 up and Ruddy has saved a pen. Quite a good half.

Second half not so good. Wouldn't be Norwich if we did it the easy way, I suppose.

Last edited:
    Back