• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the word "Pokemon"?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • For some reason, I always picture Ash and Pikachu despite the fact that I never really watch the anime anymore.

Years
  • Pikachu and the bright yellow and blue logo are the first things that come to mind when I think of the word Pokemon, with a Poke Ball and Ash not far behind.

Guest123_x1

Various things come to my mind whenever I see or hear a mention about Pok?mon. I don't think there is a single thing that always comes to mind right away-in other words, I may think of Ash and Pikachu at one instance, the games in another, and whatever else that may be out there.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • It's different things for me really. Sometimes I think of different really high-impact scenes or songs from my time playing Pokemon or some of my favorite Pokemon themselves (such as Sceptile or Gengar). One of the most incredible things that still gives me chills every time is the opening of PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness. The opening of that game is absolutely incredible, as well as the plot itself. I have hundreds of hours on the Mystery Dungeon games and they've definitely had a huge impact on the type of gamer I am, so it's hard not to think of that.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Pikachu always pops up whenever I hear the word pokemon, it's mostly because its the series mascot that appears in every promotion of the franchise. I guess another image that appears are the pokeballs.

CuteLucario

Luca io cari luca ario rio!
    Years
  • What comes to mind for me is the Pokemon 3DS Games Intros popping up when you start one of the games. But can be any Pokemon I like will always pop up too.

I can play the full song back in my head if I memorized it just when the word Pokemon is used. Heh

Or the well known logo that Gamefreak uses throughout there games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I always think of Pikachu first! It's the mascot of the Pokemon franchise so I've come to associate it with the word after a while. I was also first introduced to Pokemon through watching the Pokemon movies such as Mewtwo Strikes Back and the one with Charizard when I was younger so I'll always think of Pikachu because of that too.

Back