• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Frosmoth colorations?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • I was going to do the in-game trade of my Frostmoth for the Duraludon (just a completionist thing, since I already had a Duraludon), but decided to load to my saved game after the trade due to something I noticed while trading. The color of my Frostmoth isn't the muave/lavender wing colors like the normal sprite has, but it also doesn't have a shiny animation when I put it into battle nor does it have the Star marking in the Pokemon list.

Are there different versions of Snom and Frosmoth between the Sword and the Shield versions? I swear, I am not color-blind :)

I will try and add a screenshot later tonight, mine looks like it has greenish wings, but unlike the shiny that has green eyes, it has blue eyes. I was thinking it could be a male/female coloration?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was going to do the in-game trade of my Frostmoth for the Duraludon (just a completionist thing, since I already had a Duraludon), but decided to load to my saved game after the trade due to something I noticed while trading. The color of my Frostmoth isn't the muave/lavender wing colors like the normal sprite has, but it also doesn't have a shiny animation when I put it into battle nor does it have the Star marking in the Pokemon list.

Are there different versions of Snom and Frosmoth between the Sword and the Shield versions? I swear, I am not color-blind :)

I will try and add a screenshot later tonight, mine looks like it has greenish wings, but unlike the shiny that has green eyes, it has blue eyes. I was thinking it could be a male/female coloration?

I believe Frosmoth's wings are a bit translucent so it may be possible that the background was merely affecting the colouring.
    Snom nor Frosmoth have any alternative colouring aside from their shiny forms.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I just logged in and looked up captures of the video game, instead of relying on the sprite colors on Serebii and Bulbapedia.

Guess it's just normal after all :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    To add onto this, it seems like some Pokemon do have a weird translucent effect going on with them. Parts of Galarian Corsola's body seem to also be slightly transparent, but regardless they blend into the lighting instead of the actual battle background. I blame that on the lighting engine, honestly.

Back