• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon Gold Unova

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber
Years
  • Hi :D Im making a play through series of your game if you wanna watch :D I really like it so far :D Great idea :P

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hi everyone,

Just to notify that I've made a minor update to this game. The post has been updated, as well as on the link the the IPS file from the website of this game. On zophar.net it is pending right now...

These updates includes:
    - adjustments at the beginning of a new game, in Aspertia City (trainers, items).
    - Fixed the names on the Town Map, so that the second word is well displayed below the first one.
    - Wild Pokémon obtained by fishing in many areas.
    - Some other minor fixes.

It's now final for real this time, as it was already good before, but now it's a little better!

A next new game from me is coming soon...

Thanks to everyone who played my game! It'a real treat for me, and I hope you have fun and love it, just like I do!

Have a good day, and good summer, everyone!

ericgall23

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Please could you post a list of changed evolution methods - specifically, how do we evolve pokemon like Haunter and Machoke that previously required trading?

Edit: Also, as some feedback, having every NPC (including children) call you "boy" is really weird, I promise that people in English speaking countries do not call people "boy" (and it'd actually be quite rude to call someone "boy")

Last edited:

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Please could you post a list of changed evolution methods - specifically, how do we evolve pokemon like Haunter and Machoke that previously required trading?

Edit: Also, as some feedback, having every NPC (including children) call you "boy" is really weird, I promise that people in English speaking countries do not call people "boy" (and it'd actually be quite rude to call someone "boy")

There are no change about Pokémon évolutions, you néed to trade them by using tgb dual, which is a fantatstic trading tool. Some are also found in the wild. ;)

Also, sorry if the word « boy » disturbs you, but since you can't be a girl like in crystal and future games, its just normal since your player is a young boy like in the original. It,s only an expression, and even then, it's not that bad, it's just neutral. I will try to be more careful with this in future games, but this game is final, and its only some characters who says that. Anyway, thanks for your comment! ;)

Anyway i really home you like this game, and i invite you to try Gold Sinnoh, as it is also final since june 30 2020. Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Hello everybody !
    I really enjoyed this Romhack, and after finishing the league, i decided to complete the pokedex.
    -I probably miss something because i can't find Celebi at Lostlorn forest..
    -Moreover, i can't find Unown, Can i have an indication please ?
    - i still see a npc blocking a passage on road 13a, is there really a moment where this guy allows us to pass ?

Thank you very much, have a nice day

Edit : anyone ?

Last edited:

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hi there, (Sorry for the long delay, coz I usually only log in when I have something new to publish...)

Thank you so much for playing Gold Unova! I'm proud of it as well! ;)

Here are the answers of your questions

1. Celebi is really rare, in the last spot of grass when you find the 3 mirage dogs running away... It has 1% chance of apparition... You have to be lucky to meet one! ;)
    2. Unown is unobtainable in this game. You've got to trade with TGB DUAL with an original Silver, Gold or Crystal game...
    3. That part of route 13 is only accessible if you go into the Giant Chasm, and pick the items at the outside area at south.

Hope this help! and thank you for playing! ;)

Eric

Hello everybody !
    I really enjoyed this Romhack, and after finishing the league, i decided to complete the pokedex.
    -I probably miss something because i can't find Celebi at Lostlorn forest..
    -Moreover, i can't find Unown, Can i have an indication please ?
    - i still see a npc blocking a passage on road 13a, is there really a moment where this guy allows us to pass ?

Thank you very much, have a nice day

Edit : anyone ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2023
    Please help me, I am stuck at the 7th gym I believe, It's Accumula Town if I remember, there's three rocket grunts that's blocking the route path, I can't continue the game. Please help me also where is the map, please I want to finish it.

I went to you blog and there wasn't any info about how to remove those grunts out of the way, help

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hi everyone!

I made a final update for this game, and yes, it's the final one this time, coz I noticed with the time that some changes and fixes were necessary. I updated the post with the corrected IPS file and docs.

These changes include:
    - Improved Pokémon movesets, to fit them more like Unova's Gen 5;
    - Added some item traders;
    - There are now 16 In-game Pokémon trades;
    - Improved some maps to be more like in Unova, especially in size.
    - Improved and corrected some dialogs as well.
    - Added two new rematch places (which can be done repeatdly as long as you wish), in order to put some more rematch battles, especially after the league.
    - Clerks in Join Avenue are now available for you daily, but some still give you one service a day.
    - Many other changes and improvements, without chaging the story and what was well done of course! ;)

Hope you'll enjoy it, and be sure to UPDATE your version! ;)

Have a nice day and play!

ericgall23 ;)

Back