• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: I received a visitor message, but I don't have permission to read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I recently visited a visitors message, but when I clicked on it I saw this screen:

WZUhUK4.png

It's a message on my own profile so why can I not view it? It only happens with this specific member. I can view the message if I go to my profile and look at the visitor message, but when I click "View Conversations" for the specific member I also get this message. I had to send them a private message instead ><.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Which message is it that's giving you this error, could you link if possible? Privacy settings below "everyone" would kick you out of the "view conversation" tab and give you this message. (I would know since I have my profile private, lol.) Did you already delete the message?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    That's strange how you can't see that message, because I can see it fine.

Also, are you able to see it now? That VM link shouldn't be easily available if the other user had their profile private. :P

Years
  • That's strange how you can't see that message, because I can see it fine.

Also, are you able to see it now? That VM link shouldn't be easily available if the other user had their profile private. :P

If you can see it then chances are the user changed their privacy settings to allow anyone to message them, so we should be good to go here. Even if not Cordeline knows the issue now and has been communicating through PM. (For future reference, it's also easy enough to grab the conversation link even if a user has their settings on friends only by right clicking and selecting 'copy link address' or equivalent in your browser when hovering over 'view conversation'!)

Since this is resolved I'll close the thread. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back