• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: ROM Hacking newsletter

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • I like the idea: Christos was working on one before and is an idea I've always liked. Personally, I wouldn't contribute as I'm working, in spurts, on the Hack Chat podcast rather than a newsletter. I find newsletter's redundant in comparison to podcasts these days. Although I've take a slight hiatus with the podcast there is immediate plans to return to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    If there's enough interest, I would love to see this happen and I'd also like to help organise things. I'm worried there's not enough new content in ROM Hacking these days but we can give it a try.

Years
  • I'd be happy to curate the tips and tricks section as that was always a highlight for me back in the day. I could also do fact checking and whatnot but I'm not sure how reliable I'll be because of other commitments. I'd definitely like to see this happen though!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I am a test post
    Harry said:
    Also:
    Personally, I wouldn't contribute as I'm working, in spurts, on the Hack Chat podcast rather than a newsletter. I find newsletter's redundant in comparison to podcasts these days. Although I've take a slight hiatus with the podcast there is immediate plans to return to it.
    We can always alternate or somesuch with doing articles based on podcasts and other times having a purely written newsletter-esque article.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If there's enough interest, I would love to see this happen and I'd also like to help organise things. I'm worried there's not enough new content in ROM Hacking these days but we can give it a try.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about a newsletter. It's nice in theory but there simply may not be enough new content to keep it going.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This pretty much sums up how I feel about a newsletter. It's nice in theory but there simply may not be enough new content to keep it going.

There are a lot of hacks out there. All with sizeable betas or competed games. Content could probably be covered quite often. Not to mention that there are plenty of hacks that pop up each day. So making a newsletter that alerts people to what they may want to watch or a game that's got a new beta could be pretty helpful.

If needed, you could even go and cover fan games.

Overall I like this idea!

Back