• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the Bands 2 - Top of the Pops! [Game Over.]

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
  • 10:4:2 doesn't sound too bad, but it's a bit mafia favored in a closed setup. I could see it being 11:3:2 or 11:4:1, but one more or one less, that's where we're at.

Johnny is an old fart, so I suppose he knows most of the bands and therefore can theorize a bit on roles.
    However, this shouldn't be the main focus of the day. Our priority has to be to get discussion going.

That said, out of the 4 posts that's been posted until now (not counting the death post obviously), 2 are Kiyotaka's and they're the only posts that actually say something. This shows me that he's already trying to get discussion going, and I like this.
    Let me ask you this btw : what makes you think most of the roles are found in the original Battle of the Bands?

First of all, my role is taken from the original Battle of the Bands, but of course, the band name is different. Due to a mistake in role pm giving, I learned of another role (though I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to disclose it) that was also featured in the original one.

Second, the Drunks seems to be a reflection of the Sleepwalkers, I guess.

Thirdly, as it is a sequel and a reference to the original game was given, I think the chances are high that roles should be found there.

=====
    Also, I'd like to ask this, would it be good if people disclosed their respective bands? We could use it as a form of lead or something?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • First of all, my role is taken from the original Battle of the Bands, but of course, the band name is different. Due to a mistake in role pm giving, I learned of another role (though I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to disclose it) that was also featured in the original one.

Thirdly, as it is a sequel and a reference to the original game was given, I think the chances are high that roles should be found there.

=====
    Also, I'd like to ask this, would it be good if people disclosed their respective bands? We could use it as a form of lead or something?

I do believe Aaron said that there was no correlation between bands and roles but:/

Also, I suppose I can say that I'm Blur, though in a closed setup, maf can freely claim their bands, right?

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • I do believe Aaron said that there was no correlation between bands and roles but:/

Also, I suppose I can say that I'm Blur, though in a closed setup, maf can freely claim their bands, right?

Really? Well, I'm not familiar with any one those bands at all tbh, so I don't know if there might be a connection at all.

It's a closed set-up, but there are only 16 bands to choose from and I doubt the GM would bother to place bands there simply for the purpose of misleading, thus, I can say that each band belongs to someone. Maybe we can get a clue from there... so I'll continue by saying the band I got was 5ive.

Years
  • No point claiming in a closed setup like this where any band could be any role really. I agree that Kiyotaka is looking good atm, actually agree with just about everything he said.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • It could be possible that a role would have been given to someone whose band name has a relation to it, since it is all random. But the chances of that is rather low.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • There could certainly be some counterclaim-lite situations if all the band names are claimed. But this is closed and no correlation between roles so it does seem pointless :/

I siuppose you're right:/

Could be an attempt to lead attention to something that doesn't matter to the town, but I doubt it.

@GP I'm not sure I can agree with you on the fact that Kiyo is obvious town. Obviously I'm not scumreading them hard by any means, but I only have a null read.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • To everyone who is wondering why I asked for band names, I simply wanted to ask due to having a ridiculous theory (which could likely be pointless and insignificant) that I had wanted to test. Nevermind though, I doubt it would be useful due to the correlation between bands and roles non-existing (as announced earlier).

So, to continue to discussion, there's a question I'd like to ask: Why do you think Superjolt was the one targeted last night? Isn't it more likely for someome high on the scoreboard to be targeted?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • To everyone who is wondering why I asked for band names, I simply wanted to ask due to having a ridiculous theory (which could likely be pointless and insignificant) that I had wanted to test. Nevermind though, I doubt it would be useful due to the correlation between bands and roles non-existing (as announced earlier).

So, to continue to discussion, there's a question I'd like to ask: Why do you think Superjolt was the one targeted last night? Isn't it more likely for someome high on the scoreboard to be targeted?

Well no because I'm number 1

Years
  • Superjolt is known to be a good player, he was probably just targeted for that reason. He's a pretty common early target.

Apparently now even more common than me or Johnny :')

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    To be honest, Abby is out of the question because I feel that nobody wants him to get N0 points. Just my thoughts on this, though.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Looking at the player list, i think the n0 was only between johnny and gimme and sj.

Im not actually surprised.

Also claiming Smash MOuth and I called it

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Okay, so I randomised everybody's names. This leads to my voting.

[End Career] Johnny.

I do not have any scum reads thus far, and if you want to retaliate with an OMGUS or anything, feel free to.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh, Sparkin. Coming from out of the blue and giving a vote like that.

are you sure that's a wise decision?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • First of all, my role is taken from the original Battle of the Bands, but of course, the band name is different. Due to a mistake in role pm giving, I learned of another role (though I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to disclose it) that was also featured in the original one.

=====

I suppose you weren't allowed to disclose it (and that it should be obvious) but what's done is done.
    Anyway, there are some roles that are definitely seen more often in games, and some that are seen less often. So you having access to two roles that were in the previous game doesn't guarantee in any way that all, or most, of the roles are the same. Might have just been a coincidence.

Drunk usually is a town sided roleblocker, sleepwalker is a different thing. Were Sleepwalkers in the first game? Wondering how you made that connection.

As for people disclosing their bands, I would say that is definitely a good idea.

I always like not to underestimate mafia, so I always assume that every little info the mafia can squeeze out of every little thing, they already have. So talking freely about stuff like this can't harm the town, really.
    Essentially, what making everyone's band public accomplishes is giving the town more info to work with, leaving the mafia little place to lie and, therefore, little place to hide. Consequently, it also increases the pressure on mafias, and increases the chances of them slipping sooner or later (as long as the thread remains active of course).
    Doesn't do too much early on, because everyone claims their band and is done with it, but we don't know what roles are in the game, so by claiming now we can potentially prevent future shenanigans.

Before I forget, I'm Steps.

I can confirm that bands and roles will have no correlation between. For example I would not attribute a Cop role to the band The Police. Roles etc were entirely randomised.

That's good because it actually means you're not giving away your precious role by claiming your band; it's totally random.

Superjolt is one of the better players here. That's why he was targeted. Taking out bigger threats early on is, like, how to be a mafia 101.

Looking at the player list, i think the n0 was only between johnny and gimme and sj.
    Jeez I seriously haven't been around for a while, have I? :' (

Why are we all claiming already? I'm sorry but I won't.
    We're only claiming our bands. There's no harm in that. That said, I don't like how offensive your tone feels here. Gives me the idea you felt the need to defend yourself, as in you have to hide your role.

Okay, so I randomised everybody's names. This leads to my voting.

[End Career] Johnny.

I do not have any scum reads thus far, and if you want to retaliate with an OMGUS or anything, feel free to.

Really don't like this either. A random vote is, in itself, a bad way of voting. The context of "I used a randomizer" rubs me the wrong way, too. Feels like you're trying to get rid of any responsibility in case Johnny flips town.

Back