• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the Bands 2 - Top of the Pops! [Game Over.]

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
  • Have I gone blind or are Spice Girls NOT in that list?
    Seems like we got a slip already.
    [End Career] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Uh, you've gone blind. It's below Blur in the list.... and for some reason, that seems so fascinating it's below the word 'Blur lol. [EDIT: The list I mean is the list provided by the GM in the first page, down below]

Anyway, I'm gonna be voting for Sparkin for now. He only popped up to random vote someone and didn't provide anything to the table. This striked me as odd. Perhaps he's just busy or something or simply a lazy town member, but I'll just try this. Also, there are others who did the same, but I find him as odd among them all.

So

[End Career] Sparkin

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Fuck my life I hadn't noticed that Aaron actually posted a list with the bands in the game xD
    Alright, [Don't end career just yet] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Pretty sure Bard claims S Club 7, bc 2 in 1000000 is a song by them

No point claiming in a closed setup like this where any band could be any role really. I agree that Kiyotaka is looking good atm, actually agree with just about everything he said.

Ah sorry, must have misinterpreted this

Years
  • Kiyo is looking town to me and

I'm oasis andd

[B

Nicki ( purplecicda)
    The thing is your random vote isn't feeling random at all :p Everyone know Johnny is quite a vocal player so there is no reason to vote him to get interaction going, he will post eventually. Other than you're mafia, you silenced him and then random vote. When Alex pointed it out you said it's for activity. Then Abby and Home pointed out it's gooood c:
    But I'm Desi , ignore what i said xD Johnny might be inactive and I'm thinking too much ?\_(?)_/? I'll hold off my vote for now...

Sparkin

Uh, you've gone blind. It's below Blur in the list.... and for some reason, that seems so fascinating it's below the word 'Blur lol. [EDIT: The list I mean is the list provided by the GM in the first page, down below]

Anyway, I'm gonna be voting for Sparkin for now. He only popped up to random vote someone and didn't provide anything to the table. This striked me as odd. Perhaps he's just busy or something or simply a lazy town member, but I'll just try this. Also, there are others who did the same, but I find him as odd among them all.

So

[End Career] Sparkin

You know that that's the second vote on me, right?
    I smell a Sparkin bandwagon popping up, and one of the vicious ones.
    So, Johnny has been quiet for a long time, he's been silenced. I know Ash for being busy, so i reckon that's not the case.
    Also, my vote is not completely random ,because there are times that mafia votes for the one that they silenced to have no counterclaim. Day 1 is the perfect time for that, so I OMGUS instead of our silenced town(or not).

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Irl stuff, but isn't Johnny on the complete other side of Argentina?

As for ash... /me looks at birb

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If I was a mafia member, I wouldn't vote for Johnny as I'm not that stupid. I literally did a random.org and Johnny was the first person to come up.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't think there is a silencer... because the daily post requirement would make faking being silenced pretty obvious.

I agree with this. Unless Aaron did put in a Silencer and told them that this rule was voided against those who were silenced maybe. I'm unsure.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • One more post required, for me, that is.

The others need to post now, I think there is only one hour left before the day ends.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    sorry i was out all day and storms are being fucking annoying so i couldn't get on yesterday so what about me and birb abby because we're about to fight if this is about my activity.

it took me ten minutes just to get to this page and while i managed to skim the last two pages i didn't get the first two pages. that said i believe i got the gist of what we're doing and while i'm not 100% in approval of random voting it seems that's what we're going for right now. right now it seems kiyotaka is in the lead to be lynched? idk what the set up is for ending someone's career but they're reading town for me right now so i'm not going to add to that.

[end career] miah as i believe you have not been random voted yet. if my computer stops being slow af i'll go back and reread as well as read everything that i couldn't read before but first i'm going to go get this plastic bag from the kittens before they manage to suffocate themselves or something happens and i lose this post and rage quit like i almost did five minutes prior.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The mafia team may be inexperienced if there is a Strongman and they used it up. I currently have no real scumreads - I won't be able to tell until much later on. When I get on a computer, I will look through Day 1, too, and see if anyone had any motif for killing L'Belle. (Abby I have a slight scumread on you because of this)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I got a gun. So either we have a gunsmith or a fabricator.

also it interests me why the mafia didnt kill if it was true that we have a vig.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • That's a bulletproof who died there. I'd like to think if L'Belle was hit on n0 too, he would have claimed it.
    Or if he was poisoned.
    So I'll just assume none of these happened.

Now, for a bulletproof to die in one night, there are two possible scenarios I can come up with, and you guys have already mentioned both. Strongman or hit twice in one night. I think the chances of both the mafia and another killing role targeting the same person are close to zero, especially for a non high priority target. So I'll go with the strongman theory, for now at least.

Which brings another question to mind. Did they choose to kill L'Belle because of his band? That could mean a couple of things.
    Of course that might be me over thinking this, but for them to kill NSYNC with a strongman kill, when it wasn't a high priority target, means they related the band to a role and deemed it necessary it has to be done, even after Aaron made it clear the roles were randomized. This tells me that the mafia have roles that they can relate to their own bands.

So, I wanna ask the remaining people who haven't claimed their band yet to do so.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Recap to bands and owners:

B*witched - Superjolt [Drunks]
    Blurs - Abby
    5ive - Kiyotaka Ishimaru
    All Saints - Purplecicada
    Smash Mouth - Home
    Steps - Alex Kaz
    Aqua - Gimmepie
    Vengaboys - Sparkin [Deputies]
    NSYNC - L'Belle [Bulletproofs]
    S Club 7 - Bardothren
    Oasis - Desinishon
    Boyzone -Fletch
    ??? - Miah
    ??? - Ash
    ??? - Johnny
    ??? - Sir Dolan

Not claimed bands yet: Spice Girls, Destiny's Child, Hanson, Take That

With the previous deaths, we know that there is a good chance that quite a few of the roles are ones featured in the previous Battle of the Bands. This includes the Deputies [which is a Vigilante] and the Bulletproofs [which is a Bulletproofed obvs].

With the death of L'Belle, I think there's a good chance the maf has another role not featured in the original BotB, which is the Strongarm; however, why would they use the Strongarm so early in the game? Do they potentially have data on L'Belle, leading to their knowledge of this person's role? Also, why L'Belle in the first place? These are questions I have on my mind right now, and I'm unsure how we should approach today's lynch.

Back